• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#861 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:51 AM

Ooohh. Time for some early morning Minecraft before I'm off to work.

#862 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

well, canal now reaches nearly to HO's base.

I gotta work on a few of the corners to widen the radius and make it easier to hit them at full speed. I'm finding the initial elevator into the lake isn't something you can hit at full speed without losing your boat though. Somewhere between half and 3/4 speed there's a sweet spot where you shoot upwards without hitting anything and losing your boat.

Fencing is definitely going to have to be added on there. Pigs and chickens in the water really mess with a full speed boat and often send you flying into the wall, which crushes your boat of course. Creepers on the tracks will only make matters worse.

Or we could just say it's a known hazard and use at own risk.

I probly won't have time to hook up to the Apt tower tonight but that's the next destination after HO's place.

Canal travel rules. It's fast as ol' heck too. Way better than skybridges at the moment.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#863 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

Sounds good CF, will be checking it out later today, if i can log in ok! Fencing sounds like a must, I'll start chopping trees...
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#864 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:21 PM

@ Malaz Traveller

Yeah man, go ahead and fire some fencing on there if you want to. I'm building it for everybody to use but it's by no means a private project. Do whatever you think is cool. Where is your place in relation to the Apt tower, Morgoth and Hidden one. I can connect a branch up to you if you want.

I think if we put fencing on the next row of blocks outward from the stone bank of the canal it would be best. Boats get wrecked fairly often and it's a pain in the ass if you can't just jump out of the canal and run to the next boat-fixing station.

I've been placing the boat building stations at strategic points and terminals cause it's damn near impossible to not wreck your boat when you get out of it..and the canal is narrow enough on the diagonals that it's pretty easy to smack into something and wreck your boat.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#865 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

Traveller is just past me. I can't login to MP server for some reason - take too long to connect I think it says.

Is the fence going to be wooden fencing? I haven't built any of those before.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#866 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

Yep, wood fencing.

Cut wood
make boards from the wood
Make sticks from the boards
6 sticks in the lower 6 spaces of a workbench makes 2 fences at a time. So out of just one stack of raw wood, you can make a friggin shitpile of fencing.

Then just place em in a line and they will link together automatically. For diagonals you can't just put them on adjacent diagonals, or else they won't connect. you gotta stair step them.

Super useful..they look like they're 1 block high but count as block-and-a-half...so players and monsters and livestock can't jump over them.

You can break them and recover them if you misplace one. I always use em for balconies and stairwell railings and stuff like that.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#867 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

The server is still under attack. And could be for the foreseeable future.

#868 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

NOOOOO...ooooooo...oooooo....

arse.

I want to go home and build stuff.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#869 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

This is sad news.

Good news - I have worked out how to back up the server :)

Jim

#870 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

I'm actually not all that sad. I need a break.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#871 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

I think the server is back up for now anyway...
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#872 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:53 PM

i'm in again :)
meh. Link was dead :(

#873 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:29 AM

Me too.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#874 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:01 AM

Could someone post the IP for the server? Username is ESGunslinger if I need to be added. Thanks!
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#875 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:00 AM

View PostDefiance, on 22 October 2010 - 03:01 AM, said:

Could someone post the IP for the server? Username is ESGunslinger if I need to be added. Thanks!

pm'd

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#876 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

One of us... One of us... Ones of us,,,

#877 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

This is awesome:

In other news I have finished up the water channels, the main shaft and the drowning pool inside the Azath. Everyone should come have a look.

All that is needed now are the finishing touches:

Removing any temporary stairs blocking the water and channels.

Adding the water to the shelves and seeing if the water is flowing properly. When ever the channels come to a big drop the water should stop at the edge and not flow over the edge. There should never be any bumps or weird currents, all the water should be flowing in straight lines.

Removing ALL the torches inside the water system and on the top.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 22 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

#878 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

While we were unable to log in yesterday I started  new SP map for the hell of it. Utterly mental - almost the entirety of the initally-generated world around the spawn point was a huge system of linked caverns not far underground crawling with monsters. It was more of less impossible to mine around/between the caverns. The amount I died just trying to get a foothold and place enough torches to create safe areas was insane. I'd think I had an area covered and suddenly the creatures would be dropping on my head from some little alcove higher up. I reckon I could have spend a solid day or two just trying to secure all the linked areas...
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#879 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

Yeah, I went back to SP for a digging fix. And yet again, put 25 iron into a furnace, only to have it disappear in front of me.

Hope the server is still working when I get home...

#880 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

Servers down again today, apparently...GAHKK!

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook