• You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#941 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

It is indeed.

After moon spawn is done I'm going to take a swing at finishing the canal up with some lovely anti monster / barnyard animal fencing.

The chickens and pigs frolicking in the water are just too damn annoying.

Doo dee doo...lovely day for a boat ride ..."bawk bawk bawk" *deflect* *noiseless crash of boat* "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

When we get hell world I'm totally adding canals to connect the portals.

I was just thinking....what if SMP updates require that we start a new world.

Is everybody up for just saying "well, them's the breaks" and start over or will it be a collective quit.

EDIT @ Kanubis,

For some reason you can't have a glass floor and get still water over top....so your floor is going to have to be dirt. I tried to have glass floors on the sections of the canal where I went over top of somebody's cave, but it just wouldn't work for some reason.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 26 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#942 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

According to what is known you don't have to start a new world. The only big change to the world is the addition of biomes (which may not even be finished on time, grrrh). Since they are completely new environments they will only show up outside the areas that have already been explored (as in generated by you travelling further and further away from your home.

That is also why it has been suggested that we don't do too much exploring.

The question is if it is possible to connect water channels or minecart tracks with the portals. Maybe they don't continue into the other dimension... maybe water turns into lava!

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 26 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

#943 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

where does it say the biomes wont be done?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#944 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 26 October 2010 - 06:12 PM, said:

Doo dee doo...lovely day for a boat ride ..."bawk bawk bawk" *deflect* *noiseless crash of boat* "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

This! The bloody chickens are driving me insane! When mobs become vulnerable again I am going on a mass slaughter.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#945 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 26 October 2010 - 06:23 PM, said:

where does it say the biomes wont be done?

Oh I can't recall if the biomes were given any doubt specifically, it's just the vibe of "perhaps I bit off more than I can chew" in his tweets and blog updates. The Server side health is almost certainly pushed back, sounds like a lot of the other MP improvements are doubtful.

Considering that he has had a lot of trouble trying to implement the biomes in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if they disappoint.

Maybe Notch is just trying to dampen the hype. Maybe he just needs to stop being too ambitious with every update.

EDIT: In other news there may or may not be a new Monster in hell called a pigman. It is not directly hostile apparently. Maybe it is like a spider during the day.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 26 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

#946 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

Mount Rushmore.

#947 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:36 AM

@Tapper,

Consider yourself on the canal route.

Coming from moon spawn direction, take a left just a little ways past the water elevator that leads to Apt's and Morgoth's. It skirts the east border of the azath grounds.

@Apt

you're right, it's not quiiiiiiite as conservative, but way quicker not to plan out water blocks as you go. you lose probably 10-15% source block efficiency but gain reams in speed. I had the link over to Tapper's completed in no time.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#948 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:08 AM

I demand screenshots. SCREENSHOTS!!!

Since I can't play minecraft from my apartment (really, horrible internet problems)
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#949 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 27 October 2010 - 05:08 AM, said:

I demand screenshots. SCREENSHOTS!!!

Since I can't play minecraft from my apartment (really, horrible internet problems)

I've been demanding screenshots (as I can't get on to the server) for ages.

Apt did post the Azath at my request though, so thank youuu!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#950 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 26 October 2010 - 06:12 PM, said:

It is indeed.

After moon spawn is done I'm going to take a swing at finishing the canal up with some lovely anti monster / barnyard animal fencing.

The chickens and pigs frolicking in the water are just too damn annoying.

I was just thinking....what if SMP updates require that we start a new world.

Is everybody up for just saying "well, them's the breaks" and start over or will it be a collective quit.

EDIT @ Kanubis,

For some reason you can't have a glass floor and get still water over top....so your floor is going to have to be dirt. I tried to have glass floors on the sections of the canal where I went over top of somebody's cave, but it just wouldn't work for some reason.

Yep, fencing is definitly on my list. Once a boat is smashed, you can't even retrieve the components for some reason, which makes it more annoying. Maybe a nice long lava strip either side would keep the critters away..

CF ..Haven't you already passes a canal over glass? I'm sure I've sailed over some on my way back to the spawn point, somewhere near Morgoths place.

ps I think we should ask Notch for some Jade blocks...

This post has been edited by Traveller: 27 October 2010 - 11:49 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#951 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

I don't get the internet problem thing. I've even played over a 3G USB antenna with a horrible signal, minimal bandwidth and meagre....meagre DL and UL speeds.

Where are you guys living that the internet connection is so bad?

The only place I've had trouble was with hotel internet connections and I assumed it was some kind of firewall blocking me. The map would DL fine, but when I tried to move around and modify the environment the thing would crash.

Is that your problem?

EDIT @ Traveller

Checked out your end of the canal today. Looks good. The water elevator is much better than the stair steps you had there before.

It might need a bit of modification...since it's so high you hit the back wall before you breach at the top, meaning your boat gets turned sideways halfway up and you land on dry ground. If you extend the elevator section out maybe 3-4 bloks over the ocean it will fix the problem. I ran into that with the elevator near Apt and Morgoths...had to expand to make it usable.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 27 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#952 User is offline   Eye Flys 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

Much like everyone, when I first heard about this game I was all like "WTF This is retarded why is this so popular."

And then I downloaded it, played it, played it some more, played it again and played it again some more. I had to delete it, it's worse than fucking crack.

#953 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 27 October 2010 - 11:45 AM, said:

I don't get the internet problem thing. I've even played over a 3G USB antenna with a horrible signal, minimal bandwidth and meagre....meagre DL and UL speeds.

The only place I've had trouble was with hotel internet connections and I assumed it was some kind of firewall blocking me. The map would DL fine, but when I tried to move around and modify the environment the thing would crash.

Is that your problem?

EDIT @ Traveller

Checked out your end of the canal today. Looks good. The water elevator is much better than the stair steps you had there before.

It might need a bit of modification...since it's so high you hit the back wall before you breach at the top, meaning your boat gets turned sideways halfway up and you land on dry ground. If you extend the elevator section out maybe 3-4 bloks over the ocean it will fix the problem. I ran into that with the elevator near Apt and Morgoths...had to expand to make it usable.

Works fine if you don't hit it too fast... if you hit it full speed it will bounce you out too far, yes, but a bit less speed and it works fine. I'll have a look at deepening it a bit more though.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 27 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#954 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

View PostEye Flys, on 27 October 2010 - 04:57 PM, said:

Much like everyone, when I first heard about this game I was all like "WTF This is retarded why is this so popular."

And then I downloaded it, played it, played it some more, played it again and played it again some more. I had to delete it, it's worse than fucking crack.

join usssssssss
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#955 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

Preview video of Biomes! Here on notch's blog!

Not 100% complete, but in a state that we'll see them in for the Boo patch.

Anyway... that music was way too damn relaxing, gonna go chill for a bit :)

#956 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

Is that your problem?

In my apartment, I can't log in to email, facebook, (I am only logged in here because I have the cookies saved), or anything else that requires authentication. It's really aggravating.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#957 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 27 October 2010 - 10:07 PM, said:

Is that your problem?

In my apartment, I can't log in to email, facebook, (I am only logged in here because I have the cookies saved), or anything else that requires authentication. It's really aggravating.

And we have several computers on a wirelss network (mine being one of those wireless ones) and I think that's what messes it up -- I've tried using a cable and it works fine but that's incredibly inconvenient as we'd have to have a cable trailing across three rooms.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#958 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:13 AM

Just get that cable and get on the server already. What's a little inconvenience for the chance to join the Malazan server?

#959 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

Yeah really GP.

Before wireless was commonplace, we ran the cables all over the damn place for our HS internet. Network cables can be really really long if you want.

Drill holes along an exterior wall where the interior ones meeet up with it, down in the corner out of sight, and snake the cable through that.

Then when you move out of your apt, just buy a tube of crackfill and cover em up. Easy.

Its worth it. Malaz server is fucking fun.

EDIT @ Adjutant

What have you tried to fix that problem? Did you try hooking up directly without the wireless?

I've had ISPs that completely shit the bed when you try to distribute them through 3rd party wireless routers. Usually fixed by trying a new router.

Also make sure your router doesn't have any built-in firewall settings turned on that might be blocking your authentication with FB, Minecraft or whatever.

EDIT EDIT @ adjutant and GP

Screenshots will come don't worry. I want to finish moon spawn before I go bragging about it.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 28 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#960 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

If you want something to do tonight, Notch confirmed on Twitter that you can build your obsidian portal to hell now and it will work after the update :)

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

52 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 52 guests, 0 anonymous users