• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#4081 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

Villager cells at the bottom of the wizard tower pit are underway. I have a couple of them ready to go if anybody wants to start converting zombie villagers -- they just need some iron doors.

Looks like GH has set up a massive auto-sorting system too. It's a bit plain at the moment -- needs to be decorated.

Just a bit of finish work left on the villager cells and then I'll get to work on the monster spawners.

EDIT -- I am stoked to start work on that project too...I have a really sweet idea of how to do it. Do we have a source of obsidian? I need to make a blast-proof chamber at the bottom of the XP grinder.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 16 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#4082 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

plenty of obsidian in the deep mines. how much ya need?
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#4083 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

enough to build 2 open-top boxes. 2x2 base, probably 4x high walls just to be safe. I can check the mines and get it. Are the mines the ones at the bottom of the western staircase (ie the one inside the granite wall?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#4084 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

There is over a 100 obsidian in the chest at the base.
They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#4085 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

some one else must have added as well, but that is correct, we have a lot of obsidian
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#4086 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:29 PM

Yes i added a stack just before the comment.
They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#4087 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

Sorter almost up and running. I will need one of you architecture-artsy types to spruce up the building after I finish the framework. I can build storage up indefinitely. Sorry for the eyesore it is currently...
~Abyss

#4088 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:28 AM

Okey doke. It's up and running. A little hideous, but I'm sure creative minds will persevere.
~Abyss

#4089 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:27 AM

So, don't just drop anything in. I've got a lot of the biggies covered (cobblestone, steaks, trees), but a lot that you have to still deposit manually (coal, iron, etc). I will continue to build up in time, but for now a lot of mining, farming, and lumberjacking should be covered.

And CF and Sheve got an awesome monster well going.
~Abyss

#4090 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

Monster spawner is only working in a xp grinder capacity...need to add a collection system for drops. I was thinking of some pistons maybe to switch between a mob grinder and a xp grinder where user input is required.

Not quite sure how to do that with the current design....might need to modify it, or maybe add a switch at the top to divert the mobs into a separate pit

The difficulty is in having a blast proof grinder cell that also can have hoppers to pick up drops. Maybe some kind of water system at the bottom would work to pull the drops out of the pit floor and away from creep blasts.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#4091 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:06 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 18 January 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Monster spawner is only working in a xp grinder capacity...need to add a collection system for drops. I was thinking of some pistons maybe to switch between a mob grinder and a xp grinder where user input is required.

Not quite sure how to do that with the current design....might need to modify it, or maybe add a switch at the top to divert the mobs into a separate pit

The difficulty is in having a blast proof grinder cell that also can have hoppers to pick up drops. Maybe some kind of water system at the bottom would work to pull the drops out of the pit floor and away from creep blasts.

The old old monster spawner under the azath tree on the old old world used cactuses and/or lava with flowing water to kill the mobs and move the drops into a safe place. Maybe that or a very long fall would work better than explosions on the loot side?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4092 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

The idea is that they fall 22 blocks and have only a half-heart left so that you can deliver the killing blow and gain the XP for it. Otherwise yes, lava, cactus or a 23 block fall can be used.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#4093 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

Once you guys move into the End take a look at this easy Enderman farm. I built it on my survival world and it is ridiculously fast XP. Not to mention the ender pearls.

In terms of the mob XP / Drop farm, if you're using TNT to kill the mobs it's going to be tough to make it "toggleable" without having two chutes. Using splash potions makes life a lot simpler.

XP mode:

[Piston]----][----[Piston]
...........Hoppers..........

Drop mode:

[Piston]].........[[Piston]
...........Hoppers.........

#4094 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 18 January 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

The idea is that they fall 22 blocks and have only a half-heart left so that you can deliver the killing blow and gain the XP for it. Otherwise yes, lava, cactus or a 23 block fall can be used.

Right, so on the item-farming side you use the 23 block fall or lava/cactuses and don't need to worry about it being explosion-proof so you can use hoppers to get the items. On the XP side you use a 22 block fall and don't care about the items so you don't need hoppers, and thus it can be all obsidian. I don't see a problem?

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4095 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:57 AM

Item sorter updated again. Now accepts general mob drops (although, put gunpowder down in the alchemy suite), metals (gold, iron), redstone, lapis, obsidian, etc.

Again, please check before just dumping everything in (like doors and wood slabs). I am trying to get everything represented, but it takes a crapload of time (and iron).

Thanks!
~Abyss

#4096 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

I hope no one kills me for what i did.....

On the bright side, the mess of the sorting room doesn't look so messy from a distance anymore. I figured clean lines would be a good start. Let me know.
~Abyss

#4097 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

@D'rek,

Yes, to all you said. Not sure exactly how to make a dual chute work, but probably not too difficult. Ideally you'd get mob drops regardless, but if there is an auto farm operating by default, then it should generate so much stuff we won't need to collect drops in the XP chute.

@GHIt's actually a decent base to start building a square turret around. It's big as hell, but we can probably figure out something to use for a facade. Probably will roll it in with a revamp of the original storage room.

Main thing is to have a convenient and efficient stairwell between levels. If it's easy access then it's not a pain in the butt.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#4098 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

Great.
~Abyss

#4099 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 19 January 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

@D'rek,

Yes, to all you said. Not sure exactly how to make a dual chute work, but probably not too difficult. Ideally you'd get mob drops regardless, but if there is an auto farm operating by default, then it should generate so much stuff we won't need to collect drops in the XP chute.

There's probably a way to make a chute of water fork and be controllable with pistons. Might be tricky to do it with more than 1 or 2 blocks-wide, but it's probably possible.

#4100 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

well if it's a mob-killer type then 2x2 is ideal. Less hassle to dig it out. For the killer it's just as easy to do a lava killer too, then it doesn't have to be so deep underground.

Right now I'm working on a flushing system. The mobs are smarter since the days of Apt's azath spawner and no longer jump off edges for fun, which makes colleciton painfully slow. I'm setting up water dispensers in the ceiling that will send a pulse of water down and flush any mobs off into the collection system. It will be controllable at the bottom of the pit so when you get a lull in activity, you can just do a flush. The design of it should be easily expandable too and will fit over top of what is already built.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic