• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#221 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

The look of Cobblestone is relative. In the Zelda texture pack cobble stones look fucking amazing. They're not too shabby in the Painterly one either, but I really love the Zelda style.

#222 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

OK, screw this... I got badly beaten by a zombie (I was kinda unaware it was hitting me at the time) and then killed by a spider... annoying as hell considering that I'm about half a day's walk from my starting point. I also had full iron armor :)
And what do I do when I get back finally? I fall into lava making catwalks above it :) fucking hell.

I've also made rail tracks from the top to my cave. Made a nice serpentine track around an underground waterfall and a very deep vertical shaft. I might just destroy the top of that mountain for scenic value.
If I decide to walk all that distance AGAIN. Mostly through WATER. DEEP WATER.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#223 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

You thin you're building big structures now? Take a look at this and weep.

EDIT: And this is the video walkthrough! Oh god it's so much more insane when you actually see him moving through it.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 23 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

#224 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

View PostGothos, on 23 September 2010 - 07:30 PM, said:

OK, screw this... I got badly beaten by a zombie (I was kinda unaware it was hitting me at the time) and then killed by a spider... annoying as hell considering that I'm about half a day's walk from my starting point. I also had full iron armor :)
And what do I do when I get back finally? I fall into lava making catwalks above it :) fucking hell.

I've also made rail tracks from the top to my cave. Made a nice serpentine track around an underground waterfall and a very deep vertical shaft. I might just destroy the top of that mountain for scenic value.
If I decide to walk all that distance AGAIN. Mostly through WATER. DEEP WATER.

The sneak function is really great for making aerial catwalks and not falling. While you're sneaking(holding shift) you move quietly, but also cannot fall off of ledges.

#225 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

Recreation of the first dungeon in Zelda: Links Awakening

#226 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

Not getting distracted is effing hard. I was halfway through digging this massive deep spiral staircase (3 wide, 3 deep, 3x3 platform, rotate, etc) and then I ran out of torches, so decided to build a dug-in arborarum, which in turn lead to mining coal like a madman, which lead to digging a moat to get sand... sigh. Haven't been back to my staircase for the past 4 hours.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#227 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

Super Mario World Texture pack (Work in Progress)

#228 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

Meh. I'm still fond of the painterly pack, but wish it had nice looking cobblestones like the LoZ pack has.

Question: Has anyone managed to find clay? I've just become aware of its existence from the wiki, but I'll be damned if I've ever seen any in-game.

#229 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

View PostTarcanus, on 23 September 2010 - 08:33 PM, said:

Meh. I'm still fond of the painterly pack, but wish it had nice looking cobblestones like the LoZ pack has.

Question: Has anyone managed to find clay? I've just become aware of its existence from the wiki, but I'll be damned if I've ever seen any in-game.

Not seen any yet. Haven't met a slime or a skeleton rider either.

Apparently you'll mostly find it in or around beach fronts. Seeing as I haven't moved very far from my starting area as of yet, I think that's why I haven't seen it.

#230 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

In reading through some forums, I just came across mentions of Notch implementing dragons. Could you imagine having to dragon-proof your shelter? I suppose it's time to begin thinking about obsidian walls around my compound.

#231 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

They can't be worse than creepers
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#232 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

I really would like more aggressive opponents that would actively try to smash their way into your house. Creatures that could wear down blocks. Dig their way under your walls, smash glass, etc. Once you've built your house or walls you are practically safe. I would love more uncertainty. More vulnerability. It wouldn't need to be so that you have to live in fear always. Just make it so that the mobs will eventually break down weaker structures. Forcing you to build walls of stone. Double layered walls. reinforced glass. Weapons of defence. Give you a reason to build that moat.

I wouldn't like it if Dragons came to attack you. I would prefer it if they were a kind of elite passive mobs, mini bosses if you will, living in caves and deep under ground. Guarding their horde of gold and diamond.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 23 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

#233 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

so, which texture patch should I get, and where do I find it?

Also, someone must surely be able to put up a server so that we can all play in the same world. The level of awesome would surely explode across the internet like a great white flood.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#234 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

That depends... is there pvp damage?

#235 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

I have been making a list of useful links and videos, etc in my first post, the OP. Check it out. I have a list of some 5-6 texture packs. Personally I am in love with the Zelda pack, mostly because of the memories, and the way it makes cobblestone, trees, dirt, etc look awesome, but for a pack that doesn't really change the items and material much more than a polish I'd recommend the Painterly Pack. You can even customize what kinds of changes you want on their homepage.

#236 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:19 PM

My two roommates play Minecraft - one, the veteran, has always had trouble finding the good stuff.

The other picked up the game, and on the first day, within about 2 hours, had mined himself more diamonds and red-stone than the veteran had ever seen in all of his games thus far.

Lucky bastard. I told him he should start making elaborate-death-mechanisms.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#237 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:29 AM

Guy is promising to play 24 hours straight today live stream.

#238 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

Ok, so I picked up this game. Goodbye, life.

As of right now I haven't lucked out on any resources at all. The only thing I've been able to find so far is coal. I have built a house into the side of a mountain though, and am preparing a journey into the deep recesses of the mountain when I play it again.

Question though: I checked out Minepedia, and wanted to hollow out a garden on top of my house, and put a fence around the edge. I collected six sticks and arranged them in the proper pattern, but it won't let me build a fence?
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#239 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:46 AM

I've got a fence round my mountain top. You just need six sticks I think - I used the minepedia pattern. (Just use sticks and not wood blocks)

I mined down as deep as I could last night, found loads of redstone and a big pool of obsidian, but no gems at all. Best part was scooping up a water source in my bucket, revealing loads of obsidian, then taking the bucket to the top of my mountain, digging a small notch in the edge, and pouring out a waterfall which now cascades down the steeper face of my mountain.

I just need to find some diamonds now so I can mine the obsidian!

(Is it possible to make minecart tracks like railroads across the surface, and travel by rail using a powered minecart?)

And since I found out that you can forge cobbles back to smooth stone, i have been replacing cobbles on the lower floor of my fortress - looks much better!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 September 2010 - 07:49 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#240 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

View PostTraveller, on 24 September 2010 - 07:46 AM, said:

(Is it possible to make minecart tracks like railroads across the surface, and travel by rail using a powered minecart?)

You can do that, just remember if you're travelling on ground level and out in the open, the creepers can get you. Better to make the rail road in the sky or under ground. Or build a lot of glass walls.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users