• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#181 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on 21 September 2010 - 08:59 PM, said:

Must...resist...urge...to sleep...

I think that's more appropriate now...
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#182 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

No, this guy has the awesomest cannon in minecraft. Explosive rounds

Look at his page too, there's a bunch of em.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#183 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

Here's something to look forward to:

At Minecraftcon 2010, Notch confirmed Herobrine will be in the game, probably in a far future seecret friday update.

There's no significance to the link, I just can't be bothered to take it out.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#184 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

Well, I bought it. I feel there will be either massive disappointment or raging addiction in my future.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#185 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

View PostTapper, on 22 September 2010 - 01:55 PM, said:

Well, I bought it. I feel there will be either massive disappointment or raging addiction in my future.

Even if you only play it for a couple weeks, you'll probably have put it over 24 hours into it. For $13US that's a pretty good time to money ratio, even if you get tired of it and quit. But you'll have awesome fun while playing!

In TarcanusWorld news, I had another magma accident last night and lost another diamond pickax. Needless to say, I went into a fit of nerdrage and then ragequit.

This post has been edited by Tarcanus: 22 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

#186 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

I tried to buy it last night, but the server failed - DNS Error was what IE said. I'll try again tonight, maybe.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#187 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

Holy shit that's a lot of users.

Statistics
190 players online, in 410 servers.
729877 registered users, of which 192336 (26.35%) have bought the game.
In the last 24 hours, 33739 people registered, and 15782 people bought the game.

Games started in the last 24 hours:
Minecraft Alpha: 104959
Minecraft Classic: 17930

Phased out versions:
Survival mode test: 2985
Indev: 0
Infdev: 1

#188 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:43 PM

Zelda texture pack!

#189 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

So, I purchased the game and all. Started in a deep valley that quickly flooded with lava. There's a low rise between another, small valley of sorts. It's perfectly flat and covered in trees. On all sides I'm surrounded by pretty much shear cliff of a minimum of 20 blocks or so. There's patches of coal and shingle here and there high up on the walls.

I pretty much only get to see the sun at noon.

My plan as of now is to build myself upwards through one of the mountains. I have plenty of coal, wood and glass, but no animals apart from some chicken and I've found no sign of iron or anything else of interest.

... All I can say is that we desperately need a joint server to play around with. Imagine digging along and suddenly emerging into some massive underground lair. Or to find a mountain with a lighthouse on top.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#190 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:55 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 22 September 2010 - 03:50 PM, said:

... All I can say is that we desperately need a joint server to play around with.

I totally agree! Website's back up and I had a peek at setting up a server but I hadn't a clue what to do. :)

EDIT: Okaayyyy...so, here's how to set up a server. Now all we need is a willing volunteer with a reliable internet connection...

Or we could try and convert somebody who would be willing to be a willing volunteer with a reliable internet connection.

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 22 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

#191 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

I don't think I've got the connection necessary I'm afraid. Surely it can't demand too much though? I know nothing of servers myself so I dunno.

edit: bah, the update took away my sound again.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 22 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

#192 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

My sound went away as well. But apparently this was because my launcher was outdated. Currently downloading a new one to see if that helps.

If you people would just wire some money to my Nigerian checking account I would be happy to set up a server with a fast internet connection :)

#193 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

Okay, according to Notch's blog it seems nobody has sound. Or at least no one who has been online and connected with the servers. He's in the process of moving his stuff to some fancy Amazon cloud server thingy and moving the sound files is more complicated than the rest of the game content. He is planning on fixing it today, so it should be right tomorrow.

A temporary fix, that I just tried and found to be working, is to switch off your internet connection. Start up the game and chose to run in offline mode. That returned the sound. You can turn the internet connection back on afterwards.

#194 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu I just spent 4 hours straight on a new game. Decided to just keep going deeper this time, found a cave for the first night and started digging in the back... found another one the next day, and 2 more - spent the night in the last one... and dug. Dug deep. I've no idea just about how deep I dug, but I reached lava. And iron, and gold, and that red sand thingy, too. I'm not sure what to do now lol, where are diamonds?
I've even ran an underground river into the lava... looks funny. In the process of making walkways across the caverns.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#195 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

It's said the optimal place to dig for diamonds is around 10-12 blocks above the bottom crust. Generally, if you begin to find a lot of lava, You're in the right spot and you should begin to branch out.

#196 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

I just tried out the Zelda texture pack. IT. IS. AWESOME! If you've ever played a Zelda game (especially A Link to the Past) and liked it, you will love this!

Only problem I've encountered so far is that the moon and sun are upside down for some reason. Gonna have to look into that.

Attached File  Zelda Textures1.jpg (56.76K)
Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  Zelda Textures2.jpg (60.99K)

Attached File  Zelda Textures3.jpg (79.85K)

Attached File  Zelda Textures4.jpg (85.3K)

Attached File  Zelda Textures5.jpg (64.44K)

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 22 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

#197 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

I'm beginning to think my sub pen has a dual purpose. Pigs keep falling off the sides of the trench dying with a squeal. I'm collecting more ham just standing around than if I actually tried to hunt them.

#198 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

View PostAptorian, on 22 September 2010 - 07:33 PM, said:

I'm beginning to think my sub pen has a dual purpose. Pigs keep falling off the sides of the trench dying with a squeal. I'm collecting more ham just standing around than if I actually tried to hunt them.

Nice. I've actually been contemplating turning my moat into a water trap for animals and mobs with deposit slots for items in the basement of my mountain for collection from the water.

#199 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

Having built myself to the top of the mountain, explored a little outside of the valley system, I decided it was time to dig downwards. I picked the very centre of my ground floor hall and started digging a 3x3 shaft with stairs running down the walls in a spiral of sorts. Ten or so blocks down I fell into a huge cavern absolutely covered in spiders! In the centre there's some kind of burning thing I couldn't entirely make out.

Thankfully, I'd just acquired steel armour which made me able to escape with a sliver of health. Still, there's an army of spiders bellow my tower. It is not acceptable!

#200 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

That would be a monster spawner. Don't destroy it! You can use it to harvest string. If you want you can make it inactive by placing torches all around it but if you make some kind of mechanism, like say a drowning pool, you can farm the spiders. Of course, the sound of spiders is pretty annoying.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users