• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Members Start Here

#81 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

Hang on - Leeds doesn't have a KFC?!?! Sweet jesus, you poor northern sods. I heard tell things were backward up north, but I never realised it was this bad....:)

Welcome to the forums, etc etc

#82 User is offline   Braden 

• Creature of Shadow and Ice
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Airsoft, Live Role Play, reading, music, family...not actually really in that order.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on 28 July 2010 - 10:24 PM, said:

Hang on - Leeds doesn't have a KFC?!?! Sweet jesus, you poor northern sods. I heard tell things were backward up north, but I never realised it was this bad....:)

Welcome to the forums, etc etc

Not entirely true…we have LOADS of KFC’s (officially and clearly what “Ambrosia” actually was)..but none in THE CITY CENTRE they’re here…just about a mile out of the centre of the city for some reason??

Odd = yes!

Not really understandable = Yes!

Clearly some conspiracy between KFC, BK and MacD = Surely!!

#83 User is offline   Weave 

• I'm HAPPY CLAPPY!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

We do have several thousand Subways though. i think they're having some gang war with Greggs and fighting some sort of territory based turf war.
Maybe KFC is cleverly playing the waiting game, letting them weaken each other then cleverly weaken each other before sweeping in and ruling all, ala
GOTM: mini
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Weave: 29 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. ~ Edmond Burke.

#84 User is offline   RSM616 

• Sergeant

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

got into the malazan books about a year ago in a quest to find something more expansive than tolkiens middle earth stuff. After reading GotM got completly hooked especially due to the anomander dragnipur stuff and have just finished reading DoD and all of its awsome i dont think i have read a more complex set of books and joined the forum to help me make sense of some stuff that has overwhelmed my brain

This post has been edited by RSM616: 01 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

#85 User is offline   James 

• Sergeant
  • Interests:WH40K

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Greetings all. Posted Image
While not technically 'new', I've been away long enough to feel like it, so I'll do this once again - just cause I can.

Started in the books late '02 I think it was and got all well and good into it all, only to move late & lose ability to get books easily.
Moved again and been readings heaps - as we all do of course, thought to try get back into Malaz stuffs only to find I've lost all the books.
Love his stuff, just trying to find cheap 2nd hand stuff now, yay for being a poor uni student.
I just blew your mind.

#86 User is offline   Mindresting 

• Recruit

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

Read the series about 6 years ago. Loved it to bits. Confused as hell after GotM but that just made me mre interested.
Read up to Toll the Hounds then moved to Tokyo where Erikson's stuff isn't readily available.
On my 5th re-read anyway.

#87 User is offline   Matrim Cauthon 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Fantasy Books, anime, soccer, travelling,
    ( well mostly planning and dreaming:))

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

Greetings fellow members and staff!

It took me awhile to join in this forum, but im here now. :D

When i first picked up the first book, " The Gardens of the Moon " early last year it was because i needed some time fooder
so my spare time went faster while i was working aboard in the north sea.
What i didnt expect was to get so captivated by the book, that i read it 3 times and bought the remaning books in the series
" The Malazan book of the fallen " when i came home:D

Have also the two books Ian Cameron Esslemont wrote.

And now I wait like the rest of you, to the release of the two new books, first out is " Stonewielder " before the cream pie "The Cripple God " come out!

So thats all for no folks.

This post has been edited by Matrim Cauthon: 09 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."

#88 User is offline   Maetrix 

• Recruit

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

Long time lurker, decided to become relevant.

Been following this forum a long long time (since 2008, or earlier?) but couldn't find my username. This website helped me through thick and thin when burning through the series while I worked over in Uganda. Now working in Ethiopia and reading through Dust of Dreams... The wiki and the forums are a huge boon to picking up the nuances of the characters after such a long break.

Keep up the great work!

--Mætrix--

#89 User is offline   Brother Mike 

• Recruit

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hi everyone! Just started reading the series a few months ago, working on Memories of Ice right now. I've been reading fantasy books since the eighties and I can say so far this series is one of my all time favorites. I only read about a book a month because of my busy work schedule, so I have a long way to go. But any way I look forward to meeting everyone and talking about the books :p.

BrotherMike

#90 User is offline   Jefkar Voyezz 

• Recruit

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:09 PM

Another long, long time lounger. Just deciding to talk. Read series three times since 02. Been fanatically reading the genre since late 80's. No i am not old. Go to all the book signings I can. Got a giant collection of First edition/First printing signed hardbacks. Who else out there is crazy about this stuff as me?

#91 User is offline   Robart 

• Recruit

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:17 PM

Hello I am new to the malazanempire.com forums. Thank you for accepting me. I am reading House of Chains. I love this part and I just finished reading the first book about the Teblor named Karsa. His story has been my favorite so far followed closely by Toc the Younger's story.

-Robart

#92 User is offline   wolf of winter 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

How do, been a fan of SE for a while now. I originally read bonehunters at the tender age of about 14. How my head didn't explode I'll never know.
I didn't realise it was the sixth in the series until early this year when I had a vague recollection of the book, all I really knew was the name cotillion and something about hounds, after much googling I came upon the MBotF on wikipedia, bought myself GotM and haven't looked back, amazing books, epic story, who could ask for more

#93 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:55 PM

Hi to all new members - enjoy the mayhem :)
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#94 User is offline   Harvester 

• Evil Baron Kitty of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

Welcome! Posted Image

#95 User is offline   Raj Ahten 

• Recruit

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

I would like to thank my friend for introducing The Malazan Books to me. I could not find the books so I got a nook and started reading.
WTF, where is Memories Of Ice in digital format. The entire series is in Digital except for MOI.
Anyone have any info on when that will happen.
The first two books are amazing.

#96 User is offline   Goldeneyes 

• Recruit

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:32 AM

Hello there :hulk:
I've been a lurker for a long time and never really posted. (although I did once or twice under a long since forgotten/unrecoverable name). A couple of months ago I changed jobs and now I have a lot more free time on my hands so I can actually dig in and participate here.
Nice to meet you all
Is this the story of Johnny Rotten?

#97 User is offline   Bridgebrun/Rikard 

• Recruit

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

Hi!

i´m a big Malazan fan from sweden, just starting reading the series, about 1½ month ago currently on book 4 house of chain and I can´t put into too words on how much I enjoy reading and following all the great characters in the series.
Never heard of Steven Erikson until a friend to me suggested that i would start reading the books, never been a big fantasy reader so i was quite scapticle to it but thank god that i did :wub: ..

Well i joined 2day and just wanted to say Hello and say what i thought about the books soo far B) , now i noticed its kind of late have school in 4 hours so I am best of too bed, late night reading again :p

#98 User is offline   Mearvus 

• Recruit

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

Yo dudes and dudettes,

My friend got me hooked two years ago, after I commented on a painting he had on his wall, depicting Anomander, the Shadow-guy and Light-dude of the same importance, along with Moon's Spawn and Silanah in the background.
Hooked, and not struggling trying to loosen that barbed piece of metal in my lip.

Anyway, it was time to try and see if more information on this formidable universe that I have come to love...

*some bootlicking and sweet-talking later*... thus, I arrived here. A pleasure this will be!

Mearvus

#99 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

View PostMearvus, on 05 January 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

Yo dudes and dudettes,

My friend got me hooked two years ago, after I commented on a painting he had on his wall, depicting Anomander, the Shadow-guy and Light-dude of the same importance, along with Moon's Spawn and Silanah in the background.
Hooked, and not struggling trying to loosen that barbed piece of metal in my lip.

Anyway, it was time to try and see if more information on this formidable universe that I have come to love...

*some bootlicking and sweet-talking later*... thus, I arrived here. A pleasure this will be!

Mearvus

0_o

... any way you could get that friend to put that painting online?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#100 User is offline   Unlucky Mancy 

• Recruit
  • Interests:BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS! also angry music (punk rock mostly), and beautiful music (Simon and Garfunkel comes to mind at the moment). Drinking good beer/whiskey and long trips in the backcountry flip my switch.
  • P.S. Cormac McCarthy is my messiah.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hello everyone! I've been a frenetic disciple of The Malazan Book Of The Fallen for years now and have read everything that's come through this forum, so I thought it was high time I took the next step in the relationship and became a member so I could actually talk with all you wonderful folks. Books are my religion so I'm excited to discuss theology with a fellow congregation.
"Only through new words might new worlds be called into order." - Saul Williams

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users