• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Members Start Here

#101 User is offline   stevenashhair 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Hi everyone, just finished up Gotm last night and surprisingly enough I have a few questions. Ill be asking those in the appropriate thread and hopefully some of you can help me out. Its hard to imagine how Wheel of time and Terry Goodkind's series have so much publicity and recognition behind them, yet I had barely ever heard of the Malazan books. Ah well, glad I found them eventually, its shaping up to be the best fantasy series I've ever read.

#102 User is offline   Jingospice 

• Corporal

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

Hi, decided to join since no one else I know reads these books. Just finished rereading Toll of the Hounds, havent gotten to DOD yet.

#103 User is offline   Dreamtheater09 

• Recruit

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hi all!
just joined to share my love of Erikson's books and share in the fun community. Never done something like this before but I'll pick it up fast I hope.

#104 User is offline   Dreamtheater09 

• Recruit

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

View PostJingospice, on 26 January 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

Hi, decided to join since no one else I know reads these books. Just finished rereading Toll of the Hounds, havent gotten to DOD yet.

I've had that trouble too. I can't find anyone who has even heard of these books, and if I try to explain they just looking at me funny. Fantasy has a bad reputation for being cheesy, but Erikson is on top of his game.

#105 User is offline   MrRedhands 

• Recruit

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

Hi i'm a long time lurker hiding in the shadows gathering information about the best series of books out there.

Let me take this occasion to thank all of the members for the great information on the series!

#106 User is offline   sappers rule 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:love reading

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:14 AM

srry if i get this wrong first time in ages so if i miss post. just saying hi to to all

#107 User is offline   Automonous 

• Recruit

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi all, Been a Malazan follower since DHG came out, been addicted ever since. Re-reading the entire series again for the 6th time in prep for The Crippled God.

Best scene - Iskarel Pust showdown with Kruppe. I was having a break from a patrol in afghanistan when i first read it and couldn't stop laughing for hours :)

#108 User is offline   thebarstoolscholar 

• Recruit

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

Hello, Thought that I'd introduce myself, I have been lurking here for a few weeks now, thought I'd finally introduce myself.
Been reading these books for, of 6 of 7 years now, still reeling from the end of The crippled god

Love these book!

#109 User is offline   Nutcracker 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Anything here and there
  • Cussers, sharpers, and two legs to run like hell!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

Hi, I'm just new here in the forums. I've just started reading Malazan series about last month, and got hooked. Now I've just started DoD, and hopefully could buy the TCG soon.

Hope I could contribute in blowing each others minds :)
Why waste a cusser on one person, when you could just shove a cracker up his bunhole?

#110 User is offline   TheSword 

• Sword Bodyguard
  • Interests:Malazan. Of course. Other Fantasies. Some Anime. Manga. Writing my own Novel.
  • Hulloo! I'm a Malazan mastermind of the series. I've read ALL of the novels except Crippled God and Esslemont's upcomming Stonewielder in US.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

View PostStu, on 07 May 2010 - 01:06 AM, said:

tiste liosan, realm of light?? ironic that they seem to be albino and albinos explode if they go out in the sun.....

Tiste Liosan are all pale as albino. In a realm of Light. Think of it this way.

Tiste Andii - Realm of darkness, fitting jet black skin for darkness.

Tiste Edur- Shadow. Bit of both light and dark, so grey

Tiste Liosan- White.

However. Have you heard of my personal Favorite Abino? He might not be Liosan but he's an Andii. Silchas Ruin.

#111 User is offline   Firewolf 

• Recruit

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:27 AM

Hi All!

Making my way for the second tome through the books.... Already planning a third and fourth. I absolutely LOVE this series, the stories within stories! never realized until the other night that there were more like me! Hope to be a regular poster AND lurker! lol!

Firewolf

#112 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

Welcome to all of our newest members!

Hope you enjoy the boards. Feel free to ask questions and pick our brainz. :)
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#113 User is offline   busy monster 

• Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

Not really a new poster. Old poster who forgot his password (hey, damnit. It was a five year old account that I haven't logged in to for over a year :/)

Also a case of disconnecting that username from active use, for reasons various and sundry. ObsoleteResolve is who I posted as.

When I was at the bookstore yesterday, and saw that The Crippled God was out, and said "Wait. What? I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS OUT." it kinda reminded me why frequenting book forums is a Good Idea. At least then I know what the hell is released :)

#114 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

Indeed a good thing to know, welcome back
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#115 User is offline   Anomandarist 

• Recruit

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hello fellow readers! I've been a fan of the series for a while now, and I have all the books except for The Crippled God so far, i'm waiting for it to come out in Mass Market Paperback edition so all my books match in my library lol. Anyways, this is by far my favorite collection of books ever written. I've been checking out designs for tattoos lately, and it just hit me, why not brand my allegiance? I'll be lurking the forums for ideas from here on out, if anybody has any sweet Malazan related artwork PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE send them to me! Posted Image Thanks in advance everyone!

#116 User is offline   Tripps 

• Sergeant
  • Interests:Music, comics, games, history, astonomy

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hey guys so it is true and I'm not the only one reading and loving these! I had an inkling there might more of us from my WoW days, I met a Blistig and an Apsalar, luckily I was logged on my toon called Coltaine and there was much hugging and dancing. :)
I read Gardens and loved it but when i was reading DHG I was working far too hard and got completely lost and had to give up. Couple of years later I picked up DHG again and this time gave it the time it deserved and was totally blown away. I'm currently about 100 pages into Toll the Hounds.
After the disappointment of the Wheel of time ( igave up on book 8 or 9) and the huge waits between Game of Thrones I was very wary of starting such a huge epic as this one. But the pace S.E. is releasing these babies and sheer unbelievable scale and quality of these books is simply unmatched by any other author I have ever read.
I guess I'm signing up to this as way of letting Steven know I appreciate his work more than the £8.99 I pay for each book.
I was wrong, this changes everything

#117 User is offline   Anomandarist 

• Recruit

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

View PostTripps, on 03 May 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

Hey guys so it is true and I'm not the only one reading and loving these! I had an inkling there might more of us from my WoW days, I met a Blistig and an Apsalar, luckily I was logged on my toon called Coltaine and there was much hugging and dancing. :)
I read Gardens and loved it but when i was reading DHG I was working far too hard and got completely lost and had to give up. Couple of years later I picked up DHG again and this time gave it the time it deserved and was totally blown away. I'm currently about 100 pages into Toll the Hounds.
After the disappointment of the Wheel of time ( igave up on book 8 or 9) and the huge waits between Game of Thrones I was very wary of starting such a huge epic as this one. But the pace S.E. is releasing these babies and sheer unbelievable scale and quality of these books is simply unmatched by any other author I have ever read.
I guess I'm signing up to this as way of letting Steven know I appreciate his work more than the £8.99 I pay for each book.

Well said sir! And agreed!

This post has been edited by Anomandarist: 04 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

#118 User is offline   Ano! 

• Recruit

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

Hello!

Big fantasy reader for many years, Jordan, Gemmell, Tad Williams, Goodkind <shudder>, Modesitt, Martin and of course Tolkien, then i discovered Erikson.

Have read the main sequence (Books 1 to 9 twice) the novellas and currently reading Stonewielder. Never enjoyed a series more, most of my similarly minded friends could not get into the books so I have not had anyone to talk to about them. Discovered this forum recently and looking forward to joining in with the debates!

Ano

#119 User is offline   Rhaederos 

• Recruit

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

hi all!

#120 User is offline   CircleBinder 

• Double Fist

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:44 AM

Hello fellow Malazan fanatics!

I am a newcomer to the series. I have just finished DHG and immediately before that I burned through GotM. Love the series so far. I really enjoy how Erikson challenges his readers with these epic, twisting, and complex plot lines. This is by far the most intellectually challenging fantasy series I have read, which makes it all the more rewarding when I finally put the pieces together for that "Ah Hah!" moment. Looking forward to reading the next 8 books in the series and chatting with all of you in the meantime.

- CircleBinder
"I'm done talking. Witness."

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users