• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guild Wars 2 Twice the guildiness, twice the war

#261 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

So, I attempted to search for the GW2 world map in this forum, but apparently the search function doesn't like the word "map" because it's too small. Poo. :)

So I apologise if any of you have seen or posted these previously:

http://gw2cartographers.com/

http://au.ign.com/wi...-maps/WorldFull

This post has been edited by Sombra: 26 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#262 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

View PostCentzon Totochtin, on 26 September 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

I just finished it too... it is a killer. I have 36% world completion... I am somewhat of a completionist, so I complete each area I enter before moving on... haven't gone crazy..... yet.

That's how I was doing it too, but after a while it just got overwhelming and I just decided to do it later, running through zones to get to personal story missions willynilly. In fact, four of the last five zones I need to do have been or will be visited as part of the story quests.

Also thanks Sombra, good resource. I have 174/175 Kryta areas discovered, so that'll help me polish that achievement off (the areas are the named zones in the map, which can include areas that are at the end of jumping puzzles, damn you Dreamdark Enclave and your stupid mushroom)
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#263 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostSombra, on 26 September 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

So, I attempted to search for the GW2 world map in this forum, but apparently the search function doesn't like the word "map" because it's too small. Poo. :)

So I apologise if any of you have seen or posted these previously:

http://gw2cartographers.com/

http://au.ign.com/wi...-maps/WorldFull

Nice, thanks :)
Earlier on Illy linked a picture of the Tyria map with all those ares in squares and the levels they're intended for on them. But they weren't explored/interative like these two.

Also, now that people have had a chance to play the game and see just how much content fits into that area, I would like to repost a picture Illy posted quite a while ago.

The world map as known from GW1 with the GW2 Tyria map and the maps for the other two areas from GW1 added in:

Posted Image

"OH GEE I WONDER IF THEY'LL HAVE SPACE TO EXPAND" - Illy

:) (even if much of the world is flooded, still ridiculous)
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#264 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

Just broke down and bought an account.

Asura elementalist.

Reasons: The devs said the asura had some of their strongest story content, and the elementalist mechanic looked very fun and technical to play what with all the attunements and stuff.

The racial skills for asura (golems) seemed like they were the best complement to an ele as well, since you could send them out as an emergency tank in a pinch.

I'm also loving the new "downed" mechanic. Much preferable to restarting an instance or doing the much-hated graveyard runs of WoW. Also loving the questing so far, with progress bars for each quest area. If you need to quit the game for whatever reason, you can pop right back in and continue where you left off.

Also the "events nearby" is a good way to keep things interesting and gain some XP on the side. They occur a little too often IMO so far, but you can always choose not to participate.

Still trying to decide on how to spec my ele. I often did a "glass cannon" in WoW and GW1, but with the more independent (solo questing with a mage...wtf?) nature of GW2, I'm thinking that speccing for moderate damage and high survivability might be a better choice.

Anybody still playing from Malaz? Do we have a guild? I'd love to join up with one as long as it's for casual play.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#265 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

• For Pony!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Luci, Shiki and I still play regularly at the very least. We have a guild, if you post or PM your username we can add you :)

This post has been edited by Centzon Totochtin: 17 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges

#266 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Awesome!

With the kid I really can't be relied upon for regular play, so if you don't want that in your guild then that's 100% ok.

What do you need to add me, my account name or my toon's name?

Oh, I suppose I need to be on your server also. I'm only like lvl 5 so I don't care if I need to start a new toon to be on a server with friends.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#267 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

There's a Malaz guild :) And a fair few of us still play (in fact I am playing right now, this is open on my other screen :)).

I can add you to that and it's pretty casual. I know a bunch of us are representing other guilds at the moment (you can join multiple guilds), but you can still see who's online and where they are.

We are mostly on Maguuma, we need your account name (including the four digit number afterwards).
No need to start again, you can change your server once a...can't remember if it's once a week or once a month, but it's free once a something :)

#268 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Please add me - Bridgeburner.9351 and Hetan: Honeypot.5042

We play casually, pretty regular outside of domestic intrusions in the form of houseguests.

We're on Whiteside Ridge due to the reddit presence, though we've focussed on our own private guild The Renegades of Funk League (ROFL)

#269 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Ha sweet. Just transferred to Maguuma

I'm

Ian the Barbarian.3670

Thanks for accepting me into the fold.

Seeing as how I'm playing ELE, and I'm 100% ok with building a new character at this point (if only to experience the other classes), is there a class the guild needs or a specific role you'd like me to fill in my ele build?

I've mostly played mmorpgs as a PvE general purpose adventurer because I'm solo or in a PUG most of the time (due to my casual-ness). If there's a specific role then I'm happy to build around it instead; it gives me something to work toward.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#270 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

I've stopped playing months ago but might get into it if I can run around with someone. Doing shit by your lonesome is... lonesome.
No Touchy.

#271 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

The big Christmas events are pretty fun, haven't had the time to do all of it but it runs til Jan 3rd so plenty of time.

Finally managed 100% map completion about a fortnight ago and have nearly finished the personal storyline on my charr guardian, hit 60 on my sylvari engineer (Rhubarb Rumble), got my human elementalist to 40ish to have formally joined all three orders, now just playing my asura ranger to 30 for the storyline achievements before picking up my norn mesmer (Ainsley Charriott, maxing cooking before I leave the norn capital, mwahaha) and doing the same, then my sylvari necromancer, then my human warrior, then my charr thief. I like buying gems with gold and then character slots with gems.

There is a huge update coming in January which should hopefully bring in guesting on other servers, as well as a ton of stuff, but if anyone on Maguuma needs a hand with story missions until then whisper me and I'll go help. I am pretty fucking murderous on my charrdian.

Oh, and Cerv? You want to use dagger/dagger on your elementalist as they are the best weapons for that class, you want to rotate your attunements often, like, all your skills on one are on cooldown often, and dodge! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DODGE! Also get the fiery greatsword elite when you hit level 30, save ten skill points for it. And if you get frustrated, try out either a warrior or a guardian as they're pretty buff at the moment. Greatsword away at your leisure.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#272 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

81% World Map Completion on my level 80 Asura Necro :) And I have a couple of story missions left.
I also have a 29 Human Mesmer and a 73 Sylvari Thief.

I'm also happy to help with stuff if anyone wants a hand. I'm rather good at jumping challenges, so if you need a hand with one (not counting the christmas one as there's nothing I can do to help with that) my Mesmer can most definitely help. Portal is SUCH a useful power :)

As a general rule Cerv, learn all of the weapon skills, then decide what you like using. Some are better than others, but they're all pretty viable. Especially if you're running around with someone else. Oh, and every time you use a trait book (something you don't need to worry about till level 11) it resets all the trait points you've spent, so go ahead and spend them.

#273 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

I should fire this thing back up. Oh lord I should pass the GM to someone else too. But the THQ humble bundle. And Blops 2. Aaaarrrggghhh
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#274 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

how do I get inducted into a guild? Do I need to be online when you folks are or do I just get sent a letter from you with the in-game messenger?

EDIT, ok I think I just accepted the invite, but for some reason guild chat window tells me I'm not in a guild. Can you confirm? maybe chat takes awhile to adapt to my new state or something.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 18 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#275 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 18 December 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

how do I get inducted into a guild? Do I need to be online when you folks are or do I just get sent a letter from you with the in-game messenger?

EDIT, ok I think I just accepted the invite, but for some reason guild chat window tells me I'm not in a guild. Can you confirm? maybe chat takes awhile to adapt to my new state or something.

Just checked and you're in :sofa:
You should have just whispered me in game, I was online :) My account name should be pretty recognisable.
You may need to hit "G" to go to the Guild window and down the bottom there is may be a represent button. If not there should be a stand down button. You can join multiple guilds and you join guilds by account, not character. As you earn a currency for your guild and to keep guild chats comprehensible you only represent one guild at a time (which is saved per character).

#276 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I see. I didn't understand what represnt meant. Fixed now.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#277 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

So I see in the guild bank there's a bunch of stone runes and shit, plus some weapons and armor.

Is there a guild bank for crafting mats? I have a bunch that aren't in my chosen professions that I'd be happy to share with the group.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#278 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Sell them on the trading post, get yourself some extra moolah.

Or use them for an alt when you do the other crafting professions.

#279 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Ok. I was just saving em in case somebody could make use. They're all low-level as I'm currently still rocking the beginner zone (metrica province).

Haven't done much of the personal story yet. I'm just doing random heart-quests for now trying to get used to my skill rotations. Elementalist in GW2 is very complex compared to caster classes in WoW or GW. I'm really liking the combos and figuring out the skill sequences that maximize damage-dishing and minimize the pew-pew skill no.1 repetition. Somehow it makes me feel better when I can mash a sequence of buttons just right and drop half a health-bar off a baddie. It's kinda like sticking an amazing finisher combo in Mortal Kombat. Afterward I'm just like *yessssssss*.

Currently I start on air - shock the shit out of em and ride the lightning to close distance, then gust to knockdown and give myself swiftness, then get the hell out of there. Switch to fire, drop a fire field with ring of fire, then rock a combo finisher with the fire bird skill, followed by fire grasp and whatever else isn't on cooldown. If I'm still not finished, bust out earth attunement, blind and bleed the bastard to death. If it's a veteran mob then just go back to air and repeat. I downed my first veteran mob last night (he was a few levels lower but whatevs) and I felt pretty boss.

@ Illy,

I was having poor success with dagger/dagger actually. Good damage dealing for single mob takedowns, but too hard to kite more dangerous melee mobs and poor AOE for multi-pulls. I'm on Scepter/dagger right now and I'm finding it to be a good balance of range, AOE and utility. Staff all the way when playing support tho. If I PUG with some guys to do a daily event (especially if they're a tank) then standing back dropping AOE & combo fields seems to work better than the closer-range dagger/dagger or scepter/dagger weapon loadouts.

Finally saved up enough for my adept skill book too, so I'm about to become a lot more dangerous than I was previously.

Also discovered glyph of air and that it gives me a 10% speed boost when attuned to that element. Nice for running around getting to quests.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#280 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Really, whatever/dagger is my favourite because of the offhand dagger earth skills and Ride the Lightning, literally the best skill in the game, but I prefer the mainhand dagger skills over the scepter personally. I mean, the water dagger 1 skill stacks vulnerablility like no one's business. Shame about the focus, really.

I like loading up on the earth and water traitlines and wading in with either a Conjure Lightning (big fuckoff lightning hammer for Thoring) or the awesome Conjure Fiery Greatsword, for truly obscene damage. But really the traits are up to you, the elementalist is probably the class in the most need of tarting up the odd major traits.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users