• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guild Wars 2 Twice the guildiness, twice the war

#301 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

You're most welcome.
Also, are you any good at platforming? Because if not, I am, and I have a mesmer, so I can be of assistance if I am around :p
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#302 User is offline   High House Dark 

• Gooseberry Extraordinaire
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostLucifer, on 12 May 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

You're most welcome.
Also, are you any good at platforming? Because if not, I am, and I have a mesmer, so I can be of assistance if I am around :p

Liiiiike... jumping puzzles? I'm good at those. Dungeons? Not sure, haven't actually tackled any yet (or that I know of) - you could always join me for one!
Currently re-reading the entire series and waiting for Fall of Light. You can catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!~MISANDRY FOR LIFE MUAHAHA~

#303 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

Yeah, you can't do any dungeons till level 30. I might join you for some of them :D

I was talking about jumping puzzles, as a few friends who play this are not so good at jumping around accurately. The mesmer has this amazingly handy utility spell called portal. As long as I can get my mesmer somewhere I can portal people to me :p

#304 User is offline   Dance of the Rope 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

I have been playing GW2 for a while now on the Northern Shiverpeaks Server and my current guild dissolved due to some issues. I was curious if there were still any active malazan guilds on any other servers as I would definitely be up for a transfer to change things up.

I can bring a ton of WvW experience to the table including a commander tag on one character.

Let me know!

PatronOfAssasins.4183

This post has been edited by Dance of the Rope: 24 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

#305 User is offline   Lusipher 

• Talon Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • View gallery
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostDance of the Rope, on 24 July 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

I have been playing GW2 for a while now on the Northern Shiverpeaks Server and my current guild dissolved due to some issues. I was curious if there were still any active malazan guilds on any other servers as I would definitely be up for a transfer to change things up.

I can bring a ton of WvW experience to the table including a commander tag on one character.

Let me know!

PatronOfAssasins.4183

As my similarly-named friend above said, yes, we have a guild comprised of board members but not many of us represent said guild and I believe we're spread across multiple servers as well. I'm on Sanctum of Rall currently and play WvW almost exclusively with an old guild I used to belong to back during Warhammer and Aion, but I wouldn't mind helping out anyone here with dungeons. I'm btowl.7869 in-game. Also, engineers ftw!

#306 User is offline   Amadaun 

• Recruit

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

*waves around furiously* I'm a GW2 person too! Mostly on Dragonbrand. I'll be happy to join a Malazan guild. :)

(Just invite Amadaun...there's numbers after that, but the character name should work.)

#307 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

Alright, I'm making a serious attempt to get back into this game. I have:

A lvl 80 Thief - my main character, Wise In Silence, dagger/dagger + shortbow - jeweller/huntsman, no idea how the gear stacks up now but it's not horrible.

A lvl 80 Guardian, Vidric Stormcaller, trying to mould him into a support guardian for dungeons and whatnot, work in progress

and a bunch of sub-80 characters for fun/ bag space

what server should I move to?

#308 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

OK so just transferred to Sanctum of Rall so I can pester the guildmaster :rofl:

#309 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

Got into this again a few weeks ago. Finally hit 80 on my mesmer and started up a guardian. I think guardian is going to be a favorite. I really like the way they play while wielding a staff.

Amusingly enough, I went back to GW1 to add some stuff to my Hall of Monuments for some more rewards. I ended up having a blast while doing it, so I've poured an ungodly amount of time into that game recently. While it definitely has some outdated systems and movement can feel a little clunky, the sheer variety of it is refreshing. The skill system is one thing I really wish they'd found a way to bring into GW2 in one form or another. I love how stats are much less of a focus in it than how you synchronize your skills, especially given that there are literally hundreds to pick from. I was kind of disappointed when I found out that GW2 had gone the typical route of primary and secondary stats. Still, both games are great.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#310 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

Guardianchat: Staff is fun, but take a scepter and an offhand (shield for protection/knockback or focus for blind/blocking, I always liked torch with a melee mainhand like sword for maximum burnination) to swap to in case you need actual ranged damage at any point. Greatsword is as usual an excellent weapon choice, and once you get used to the autoattack timing hammer both does slightly more damage overall but also has Banish. You'll enjoy Banish once you use it. Your party will enjoy you spamming protection on everyone meleeing the boss too.

Skills and traits wise, starting off with 15 points in the Precision tree to get the minor and major traits that blinds enemies on using the burning virture and recharges it on kill makes the beginning of the game a breeze. When you get grandmaster traits at 60 the shout traits in the Healing line (best traitline by far) are very handy for healing and removing conditions from you and your party extremely easily, not to mention more aegis. My timing is extremely shit but it's still a great feeling to cover all your party members from the big attack from the boss when the graphics clear enough that the tell is actually readable. I roll with 0/0/10/30/30 on my guardian and I still do enough damage to rock the casbah while keeping my party condition free and buffed to shit and whatnot. I'm just gutted the Power tree has pants traits but it's nowhere near the horrorshow of useless options that the elementalist has to deal with.

I really don't know if I can get back into it yet, I'm still feeling supremely burnt out on it, but I might give it a go over the weekend again.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#311 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

Shiara and I may back into it a bit as well :)
Though, at the very least not until we get back from our short holiday.

#312 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

In response to this: http://forum.malazan...0-guild-wars-2/

I've enjoyed Guild Wars 2 a lot. I definitely feel like I got my $50 worth. However, I do feel like Anet has made some awful development decisions over the 1.5 years that the game has been out. Namely, the complete lack of new content. There's not a whole lot more in the game right now than when it was released. This is largely due to how ephemeral the Living World updates were. Yeah, some of the content was enjoyable, but it was mostly just a lot of grinding over and over. The worst part is, however, that all of that content is gone. There's no way for a bored player (or a new player) to go back and revisit old stuff. This has left an obvious void when it comes to having stuff to do at max level.

The idea of removing the tank-healer-dps trinity was admirable, but I don't think Anet has succeeded. Yes, those roles are more or less absent in the game, but what's replaced it? There's barely any strategy to accomplishing anything in the game outside of dungeons. It's just zerg, zerg, zerg. Zerg world bosses. Zerg world versus world. Zerg with the Queensdale champ train. Zerg the new living world content. This has led to some incredibly obnoxious and boring fights. Anyone who played the Battle for Lion's Arch knows what I'm talking about. Fighting against bosses that take 10 minutes to kill and use the same three moves over and over (and your response? Dodge dodge dodge) is incredibly tedious and not fun at all. Giving enemies lots of health does not make them challenging in any rewarding sense.

In a game like WoW, I felt like I was a part of a whole, whether I was tanking, dpsing, or healing. My efforts clearly impacted the result of dungeon and raid encounters. In this, I don't really feel like I matter. So what if I let Claw of Jormagg kill me? There's one hundred other people still attacking him. They're all doing exactly the same thing as me.

There's been some attempt to implement strategy into world bosses. Look at Teq. If you want to do Teq on your server, good luck. You won't. Guest to Blackgate and you can find some people organized to do it, but otherwise players aren't willing to put forth the effort. It's simply not worth it when there are so many other mindless alternatives.

Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun with Guild Wars 2. But I enjoyed it as just another game, not a lasting commitment like I would other MMOs.

Ultimately, despite its flaws, I enjoyed the first Guild Wars a lot more. It had a lot more longevity for me than this game, probably because it actually had significant new content being released. Plus the awesome skill system that allowed you to make near-infinite combinations.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#313 User is offline   Tarthenal Theloman Toblakai 

• Engineer Extraordinaire!
  • Interests:Engineering, books, films, gaming, gym, running, mountain biking

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

Just started this with my little bro and its pretty awesome fun. I played WoW high end for a couple of years dinging 2 80s and getting Shadowmourne on my Fury Warrior, Wow was epic but you had to spend a million hours a week to get anything out of it which is why I stopped. Still have the account though, just in case! haha

So far I find the graphics to be better in GW2 and the leveling missions are much better too, just turning up to an area and already having the mission or current event pop up saves alot of time, the best thing I have seen so far is the level down system so that no matter level anybody can help you and not take all the XP like in WoW. This is so damn good!

Also loving the random elite boss events, I was like level 6 the other day killin grubs then this big ass troll steam rolled and I was like WHAT!? Then about 30 guys turned up res'd me and we killed the troll, turns out it was a common event that people went to loot every time he spawned haha, was funny as hell!

Love all the way point markers that let you teleport around as well. To be honest there isn't a thing I am not enjoying so I will stop there ;)
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." ― Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness

#314 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Don't forget you share gathering nodes so no races to beat the other person to that sweet gold node, too.

I can understand you, Defiance, but I really think you should read through the upcoming Feature Pack's changes to see exactly how big of an overhaul Anet's doing from the 15th. It's pretty huge. They've also acknowledged a number of problems with their living story - particularly how poorly notable fanfiction.net refugee selfinsert shit character Scarlet Briar was received - and will be making changes for the next stint, including more big LA-destruction level changes, and made WvW season 2's rewards much more attainable and structured far better. I mean, Maguuma is good at WvW but has poor coverage and a bunch of guilds trying to get into gold league so they can have fun fights even if we end up last or second to last in that league and possibly unable to make any of the reward skins, which is kinda annoying.

In fact, let me summarise the changes for y'all:

Trait revamp! Instant out of combat refunding and reallocating! Points divided by 5 to avoid confusion so every point is a minor or major trait! Unlock traits by going out and doing story dungeons, bosses, personal story quests, WvW, and more! Or buy them from a vendor for gold if you don't want to do any of those things! Forty more grandmaster traits!

Runes and sigils and balance! Changing rune sets so the 4-6 bonuses are bigger! 5% effect chance not good enough? Make it 50%! Sigil cooldowns for different sigils are separate, so have Sigil of Air and Fire on at the same time! Two sigils on twohanded weapons! Balance changes!

Ferocity! Crit damage being changed to the same stat system as the rest! 'Ideally' making berserker not the go-to choice for gear! (it'll still be the same til they fix conditions sadly)

WARDROBE SYSTEM! Instead of losing an item to move a skin, select what you want from every skin you've account/soulbound or salvaged in the game and stick it on your stat item! Infinitely (as long as you have Transmutation Charges) Unlock both your legendary and its precursor as skins! Transmutation Stones and Crystals are becoming Charges, at a 3-to-1 and 1-to-1 basis!

DYES WILL BE ACCOUNTBOUND! If you have duplicate dyes on alts, when you log into them you'll get an unidentified dye for every repeat! DYES, WILL BE, ACCOUNTBOUND! AT LAST!

Accountbound WXP, legendaries and ascended items! Yeah this one is short. But great!

No repair costs! Again, free trait resets! Better drops in the Mystic Toilet!

PVP merging with PVE for looks! Reward tracks for PVP, including one based on doing dungeon stories! Earn legendaries in PVP! PVE and PVP daily and monthly achievements merging!

Megaserver! OK this one is pretty huge, so just read all three.

Exciting times.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#315 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

Oh, and if you're on the fence about buying it IT'S 50% OFF TIL THE 13TH

#316 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Enthusiastic Illy is great.

Although making me feel inadequate in terms of how much I don't know how this game works.

I just run around bashing things with an overly large sword, which is work for me so far...
*Men's Frights Activist*

#317 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

I played for a short while at launch but just couldn't really get into it. Downloading it now again.
No Touchy.

#318 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:27 PM

This thread's been dead for a while, so to encourage you guys to post your characters and their fancy clothes I'm going to try to post some pics of one of my characters every 1-2 days, til I run out.

Posted Image

That... might take a while.

(this was taken before I got my two free slots for buying the expansion)

First up! My main character and first made, charr guardian Illuyankas:
Posted Image
Extremely shiny!

Here he is in better lighting without the silly dragon mask and with HIS FULL GLORIOUS MANE ON SHOW
Posted Image

The shiny armour effect is from the weapon he's holding, the legendary hammer Juggernaut. It makes all armoured surfaces very shiny and leaves a gloopy mercury trail behind when you swing it.
Posted Image
Which looks ace.

As one of my first characters, he has had a lot of changes of armour over the years, of which only a couple have survived as spare sets like this one (fancy ascended staff included)
Posted Image

As for this image...
Posted Image
I have no idea whatsoever.

Feel free to post your own dudes looking sweet as fuck too! And if you want to see a specific character early (was going in chronological order) then just say so, otherwise my sylvari engineer Rhubarb Rumble will be next.

#319 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:15 AM

Part 2: Salad Days

Here's my sylvari engineer, Rhubarb Rumble.
Posted Image
Granted, he's wearing fully enclosed armour, but I promise he's a plant man inside

Posted Image
pew pew

He doesn't always wear technologically advanced stuff, of course.
Posted Image
Sometimes he wears bones and animal skins and fires a gun made out of a femur! He keeps things fresh.

But the coolest part of making a sylvari is the fact they glow in the dark, like so;
Posted Image
This is Rhubarb showing off not only his fetching summer plant outfit and the colour he glows wearing it (especially around the face), but also one of the new models for engineer kits, replacing the giant backpacks for everyone - this is the new grenade kit, swapping out the backpack and single held grenade for a good bunch of them.

And THIS is the new bomb kit;
Posted Image
IT'S A GIANT BOMB

Next time: we get elementary.
(yeah I know no one cares about this, shut up)

#320 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

Part C: The Referencing

Amazingly even though I got to play GW2 with Luc, Shiara and Centz for about ten minutes (that phone interview never happened btw, scratch that job I guess sadface.jpg they just emailed me about it, the lying liars, now I'm back to the waiting game) I forgot to badger them to do their own alts here, which they should as they have some cool looking characters! DO IT

Anyway, here's my human elementalist and the first of my characters named after GW1 alts of mine, Toolong Stupidname Kharza Velehedemon. Yes the last past is literally a string of syllables, whatcha gonna do
Posted Image
Currently my ele is rocking two of the disgustingly richest and most expensive dyes available, pyre and enameled crimson (colourful 1%er) along with berserker ascended scepter and focus.

Why those weapons? My usual answer is I've already killed 5000 dudes with staff and dagger so I'm working on the last set. The real answer?
Posted Image
Dropping molten rocks on giant birds.

That's not to say I don't use the other options occasionally! Here's my ascended daggers*
Posted Image
*one is actually an exo I reskinned, don't tell anyone

Daggers are a really fun set to use in combat as well as trav- oh hang on
Posted Image
Is... is that a chicken?

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Posted Image
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Posted Image
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Where was I? Oh yeah, weapons. The staff is probably the better option for eles nowadays, damagewise (definitely not funwise)
Posted Image
Here's me posing with my ascended (love dem pinks) in front of Divinity's Reach, the human capital, which is cocking huge and a great place to explore.

Sometimes though I like to mix things up a bit, have a less red wardrobe for a bit, just to mix things up.
Posted Image
Using my fancy mistforged hero daggers, just what every girl wants!

Posted Image
"Zere... in der castle" *thunder booms*

Next time: I become mesmerising! Without posting nudes*!

*unless by request

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 29 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users