• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 50.6

#61 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

View PostObdigore, on Aug 14 2009, 07:43 PM, said:

Low posting is not a 'valid strategy'.

This I disagree with, for a few reasons.
point zero: it is an opinion, not a fact. ;)

That aside, here's some valid stuff why I disagree.

firstly, because low posting does not equate posting no content.
secondly, there's no rule against it unless P-S puts one in the game. Well, you did this time around.
thirdly, just like pressuring other players without getting lynched for it is a skill, so is making contributions and observations in less posts than average.
fourthly, activity is reliant on being online at the same time as other players. Several of us are in underpopulated time zones.
point five, the mod-kill timer is created there to force a basic level activity, and is objective.
point 6; sometimes, whether roled or not, shutting up and letting others do the talking is the right thing to do.
example 1: a symp saving his killers bacon, this usually means that the accused has to shut the fuck up and let the 'impartial inno' run the show for a while
example 2: or a day vig who vigs not posting but lurking to not give away he was online.
example 3: certain roles invite low posting, unassuming play. for a prime example, look at Morgoth playing in the Highlander game - he was a healer there and was about as active as a dead slug compared to his usual self. why? because he felt he should.
point 7: how does asking for more posts equates receiving more content? It doesn't per se.
point 8: isn't receiving more info through enforced contribution leading to an advantage for town/ disadvantage for scum when there is more info on thread?
point 9: why use something that can be thoroughly manipulated such as P-S's posts to set the bar?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#62 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:44 AM

Tapper here, posting a few PMs.

Eloth:

If I die, does GL continue and gain killer powers? Because I might consider sacrificing myself for him.

I'd have to defer to Obdi whether I can answer this or not and he's not particularly around.

Will I be allowed to know anything about what happens to GL if I die?

No you will not.

Fair enough.

GL;

i HAVE ANOTHER FUCKING kIDNEY STONE. hAD TO GO TO THE er...AND LOOK AT ME, GET HOME, HOP ON AND PLAY MAFIA. thats dEDICATION!

alSO, i KNOW THE CAPS IS ON, BUT i AM HIGH AND DON'T CARE!

hehehehe. This made my morning. This, and an awesome espresso ;)

- Tapper

Gem/Sorrit:

Hey guys,

I will most likely experience internet downtime some time tomorrow, and most likely won't be able finish the game. I am sad. I don't know when it will come back.

Kara, I have my eyes set on Amp, GL, Eloth and Gamelon. But scum could be anywhere.
I'll vote before I got to bed, and hope everything works out. But if I don't return tomorrow, you guys know why.

/sad Gem

awww, hope everything's ok!

Korv with a provisional

Heal Ampelas

I know I'm not scum, and if I assume Ampelas, Gamelon, and GL are inno...

Sorrit was found as marker, so I doubt that's scum (flourescent light / surge protector makes sense sorta...unsure about marker in that comparison)

That leaves:
-Eloth
-Karatallid
-Barghast

noted.

- Tapper
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#63 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:48 AM

Ampelas, with a provisional:

Replace whatever action I have in with the following

Night 3 -- Investigate Barghast, or Eloth if Barghast is lynched.

noted, thanks for submitting - Tapper

Eloth:

So Korv is the healer and Amp a finder, although Amp doesn't know it. When Amp finds that i'm a flourescent light, he'll know i'm Kaschan's partner.

So Amp has to die tonight, but he's also by far the most likely heal. So killing him would be a massive risk. Korv will only not heal Amp if he's stupid or playing WIFOM games. I hate WIFOM games.

Killing Korv is the safe option, meaning we only have 1 more day to survive.

I guess I have to kill Korv and hope that Amp investigates someone else.

Kill Korv, please.

noted - Tapper

Kara/Hinter:

So when the definitive guide to Mafia is written, I reckon theerwill be an entire chapter entitled "How NOT to play Mafia - Hinter in the Office Supplies Game" :)

Well, steep learning curve ;) don't worry, it can be overwhelming and from what I've seen of it (which is not a whole lot) this is an odd game due to the pace of it alone - some days huge numbers, other times, next to none.

- Tapper
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#64 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

Modkill required?

normally, I'd axe Karatallid, but you may decide otherwise. Offending bits in red in the post below.

View PostKaratallid, on Aug 15 2009, 03:37 AM, said:

View PostEloth, on Aug 15 2009, 09:11 AM, said:

View PostKaratallid, on Aug 15 2009, 03:00 AM, said:

View PostEloth, on Aug 14 2009, 10:09 PM, said:

Hey Karat,
Karat, without a counter, how do you explain the two deaths?

I could, but I won't. I'll have to leave it at that for the moment.

Oh well, I guess I will have to explain. Unfortunately it means I won't last until the end of the game as it will prove me innocent.

I'm still a mafia n00b and this is only my third game. I got a bit confused about the game mechanics (in fact I still am) and the two deaths, thinking why couldn't the scum kill two people in one night? In fact they may well be able to for all I know, but if I was scum I would know.. Perhaps I should have PMed PS to check but unfortunately I opened my mouth before engaging my brain. Ho hum.

First you say that you could explain the two deaths, but you won't. Your later explanation is that the scum might get two kills. Which is perfectly reasonable, although without any evidence for it and with a claimed vig, I don't believe it.

But why weren't you willing to say so earlier? After GL's reveal you said you still suspected him, and voted for him, saying that it changed nothing. Yet you weren't willing to post this earlier? When you said "I could, but I won't. I'll have to leave it at that for the moment.", I personally assumed you hwere going to claim a role that disproved GL's.

Now, I accept that you're new. But newness does not preclude guilt. And a new scum is perfectly capable of thinking of the possibility of two night kills, even if they know it isn't true.

I was unwilling to explain earlier as I thought my explanation would CI me and thus make me a target. I'd dug myself into a hole over the number of NKs and couldn't explain it away without proving myself inno.

As we are all revealing so will I, and in the process I could well be making another n00by mistake and damning my partner, but we are about to lynch an inno here.

My PM from PS:

You are an innocent highlighter.

You are one part of a lover pair of Karatallid/Sorrit. You may speak off thread at any time.

I and Sorrit are both inno.

Here is my latest post from Sorrit, entitled "Internet downtime" and cc PS:

Hey guys,

I will most likely experience internet downtime some time tomorrow, and most likely won't be able finish the game. I am sad. I don't know when it will come back.

Kara, I have my eyes set on Amp, GL, Eloth and Gamelon. But scum could be anywhere.
I'll vote before I got to bed, and hope everything works out. But if I don't return tomorrow, you guys know why.

Personally I've been convinced of Amp's innocence for a while. GL too now, after getting myself into an uholy muddle earlier. Game I'm not sure, but Sorrit is a veteran so I'm going to go with his instincts (and some gut of my own) and

vote Eloth

...as Sorrit has had him on his radar since day 1.

There, probably a mistake laden post as I said, but I've got to try and stop the lynch on Sorrit.

View PostPath-Shaper, on Aug 15 2009, 04:38 AM, said:

Tapper here.

Karatallid, posting/ quoting any of P-S's PMs is an offense as per the standard rules.

Obdi wrote in post number 1:

It begins.

Do not post until I have posting the starting post with alts and time left.

Standard rules apply, 36hour days, 0 hour nights, provisionals are encouraged.

Modkill times are 24 hours unless you notify PS you will be gone. Anyone with less posts than PS at the end of any day will be modkilled.

Stanard rules say:

B7) Quote, in whole or part, PMs from (or other private conversations with) the mods on the thread, or discuss the timing of any PMs sent to the mods.

That being said, I'll leave it to Obdi to decide how to deal with this, also since you have said you're new to the game, but it could mean a mod-kill.

View PostKaratallid, on Aug 15 2009, 04:42 AM, said:

I apologise. Didn't think it through I guess, but mea culpa.

#65 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

GL:

i HAVE ANOTHER FUCKING kIDNEY STONE. hAD TO GO TO THE er...AND LOOK AT ME, GET HOME, HOP ON AND PLAY MAFIA. thats dEDICATION!

alSO, i KNOW THE CAPS IS ON, BUT i AM HIGH AND DON'T CARE!

hehehehe. This made my morning. This, and an awesome espresso :)

- Tapper

Im dying. Fuck it hurts and Ive been awake for 24 hours.

ouchie :)

Karatallid:

So when the definitive guide to Mafia is written, I reckon theerwill be an entire chapter entitled "How NOT to play Mafia - Hinter in the Office Supplies Game" ;)

Well, steep learning curve :p don't worry, it can be overwhelming and from what I've seen of it (which is not a whole lot) this is an odd game due to the pace of it alone - some days huge numbers, other times, next to none.

- Tapper

For some reason I've found this more difficult than the previous two higher TDMI games I've played.

Apologies again for the PS quotes, I haven't read the rules for a while but that is no excuse, so if I'm modkilled I will have no complaints as I can see now why the rule is there.

as I said in the thread, I'll leave it to Obdi - it's his game.
as for tmdi's: tmdi's only say something about the difficulties of rules/roles - nothing about how hard the game is in and by itself.

#66 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

This game has to be near record setting for mod & inactivity kills. Wowzers.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#67 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Aug 16 2009, 12:25 AM, said:

This game has to be near record setting for mod & inactivity kills. Wowzers.

Yeah. Luckily, Obdigore is now online and viewing the forum, so hopefully the mod issue is over now.

#68 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:41 PM

Bloody hell, how many mistakes did I make in that game!

Note to self - Read the bloody rules again Hinter, you dumb shit!

Apologies to all, hope I didn't spoil it for anyone.

#69 User is offline   Korvalain 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

Well I died. At least I was right about Eloth...

Doesn't scum win? Eloth, Barghast, GL is 3/6 majority.

#70 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:11 AM

yep, dont htink tapper was thinking striaght ;)

#71 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:09 AM

tbh, I don't want to harp/bitch/moan, but this setup is stacked for killers. Especially with the rampant modkills. 5 scum / 17 players, a killer pair, an every-other-night killer, and 2 symps?

=/

And inno doesn't even have a guard.

#72 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:25 AM

Aaand now they're going to vote off Eloth. Huh. That works...haha.

#73 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

View Postdrinksinbars, on Aug 16 2009, 02:11 AM, said:

yep, dont htink tapper was thinking striaght :thumbsup:

I wasn't, just doing the housekeeping, not running the game - I had already announced I didn't have time to co-mod. I had no idea how many people were alive, who voted for whom or whatever. :s

#74 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

View PostKorvalain, on Aug 16 2009, 12:42 AM, said:

Ehm, why didn't you guys call the game after you saw it should rightfully be over? :confused:

I'll do it.

#75 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

View PostTapper, on Aug 16 2009, 08:46 AM, said:

View PostKorvalain, on Aug 16 2009, 12:42 AM, said:

Ehm, why didn't you guys call the game after you saw it should rightfully be over? :confused:

I'll do it.

chill love, i was just in from a night out and wasnt totally sure what the hell was happening :)

#76 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

hmm
so, at least I was partially right when I said that if GL and Amp are the scum, we're fucked

oh, and my role PM clearly said "paperweight"
if it was later changed to a highliter, the mods neglected to tell me about it.

overall, this is probably a 4 and not a 2, but w/e

gg, scum.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#77 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Aug 14 2009, 08:44 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on Aug 14 2009, 01:43 AM, said:

I guess you all do it on instructions from Obdi, but why is everyone posting on not-in-the-game game alts? Any chance you guys could keep track of the passwords for these alts?

Obdi didn't leave any instructions about it but since there's no names in CF me and Shin started posting here in alts in Obdi's absence (makes sense if no names in CF). I was posting with Okaros just to mess with people still-playing's minds just for fun. Passwords are all kept track of in the pinned password thread, however Obdi didn't copy his changes of that alts used in this game into that thread.

View PostOmtose, on Aug 13 2009, 11:31 PM, said:

Also who was Fener? And why were they revealing Healer? What kind of silliness was that.

I (D'rek) was fener. Why the silliness? Because I was fucking Fener! There was no point in continuing beyond day 1 if half the players were just going to vote me by default and I'd continue being a distraction for the rest of the game, so I made a big kerbuffle and went down day 1 when there wasn't much else of a reasonable target anyways. I threw in the healer reveal in the hopes scum would believe it and think the real healer is dead. Can't believe everyone is believing I was a symp, that whole asking for a vig bit was a} completely sarcastic, and b} way too ludicrous for a symp to. And yet, they all took it seriously for some reason. Oh well, the chaos of my lynch did provide some fancy opportunities for people to make revealing accusations against each other :thumbsup:

--D'rek

tip for the future:
paranoid mafioso NEVER understand sarcasm.

like, EVER.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#78 User is offline   Peanutbutta 

• Analyst of High House Mafia

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

Fener was RI. I'm so awesome and you guys who said she wasn't are silly.

Also, 5 scum in 17 is pretty nuts. Normal rules are 2 scum for every 9 players. So you have an extra scum, 3 of which are symps, one of which has a killing power.

Stacked for scum for sure, and lol modkills...

edit: But congrats to scum. Bent for man of the match, so hard to doubt the vig find. I thought I did pretty well overall TBH

This post has been edited by Peanutbutta: 16 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

#79 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

I managed to survive until D-Day as the healer...that counts for something, right? :thumbsup:

#80 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:15 AM

View PostPeanutbutta, on Aug 16 2009, 10:37 AM, said:

Fener was RI. I'm so awesome and you guys who said she wasn't are silly.

Also, 5 scum in 17 is pretty nuts. Normal rules are 2 scum for every 9 players. So you have an extra scum, 3 of which are symps, one of which has a killing power.

Stacked for scum for sure, and lol modkills...

edit: But congrats to scum. Bent for man of the match, so hard to doubt the vig find. I thought I did pretty well overall TBH

no, 'normal' rules are 1:3 scum:inno ratio.

Sorry, my internet was dead and yesterday I was somewhat Drunk and couldn't figure out mafia...
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users