• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 50.6

#41 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

Eloth:

Ruse was my scapegoat for a Kaschan partner. I really don't want to kill him. But if there's any chance that he reveals as a finder tomorrow, he's got to die.

Fuck.

I really don't think I can win this at all. No chance.

GL:

Man, this is intense, the only thing I really have going for me is the fact that Emur has one more vote on him than me, but that one is Serc's, Korv could vote him, but I don't think anyone else is around to swap. However, Serc could change, Korv, barg and Amp could all put a vote on me...its really hard to think. And with so little time, I am hoping they dont figure that out. I am going to wait a few more minutes then post at 3 posts of Sercs that look symp like...hope that at least stalls the lynch....

Amp:

Game and Sorrit not showing up right now is really worrying me. Game I already think is scummy but Sorrit I had down as OK. I'd hate to feed info to Sorrit if he's scum, but I'm not going to second guess myself right now.

GL:

WOOHOO! YAY!!! GRATZI !!!!! YAY!!!!

I am slightly relieved....

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#42 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

Eloth:

"for silencer" said:

Go ahead and leave me
I think I prefer to stay inside
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you

GL:

"I think I might be screwed" said:

But we'll see.

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#43 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

GL:

I am going to say I am the finder. And I am going to reveal my finds. HP and Eloth.

Can I reveal and say Eloth is scum?

You're allowed to fake reveal (or real reveal for that matter), yes.

#44 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

Eloth:

If I die, does GL continue and gain killer powers? Because I might consider sacrificing myself for him.

I'd have to defer to Obdi whether I can answer this or not and he's not particularly around.

#45 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

We supposed to post in alt here? Also... they were both scum! Muahaha, I'm sometimes only a complete idiot. And, the italics shit was right! I'm drunkenly fucking brilliant!

#46 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:31 AM

WTF? I was Mod Killed? The forum was fucking down and I couldn't post and you Mod kill me. And PS was posting a lot there, how the hell was I meant to keep up. I was well ahead of PS there when I left.

I have to say it is the stupidest fucking rule i've seen in Mafia for quite some time.

Also who was Fener? And why were they revealing Healer? What kind of silliness was that.

#47 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

I guess you all do it on instructions from Obdi, but why is everyone posting on not-in-the-game game alts? Any chance you guys could keep track of the passwords for these alts?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#48 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:44 AM

I just saw everyone else, so thought why not. Besides he wasn't giving names in the CF so it adds to the mystery. Is Dibs still alive? Who knows! (anyone whose played before could pick he was Ruse though ;))

#49 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:01 AM

i just got to say - ha.

i pegged eloth and gl as killers and i was right.

#50 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:12 AM

shuit deleted that post as i thought i was in game thread, fuck my brain is fried.

oh aye - hope scum win as my cases were rock solid on eloth and gl. "they are guilty, dis has decreed it so."

but seriously slick was obviously fannying about pretending to do stuff by going for low posters. the cf scum on kaschan should have been obvious that he was distancing as well.

#51 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:38 PM

Omtose, on Aug 13 2009, 11:31 PM, said:

WTF? I was Mod Killed? The forum was fucking down and I couldn't post and you Mod kill me. And PS was posting a lot there, how the hell was I meant to keep up. I was well ahead of PS there when I left.

I have to say it is the stupidest fucking rule i've seen in Mafia for quite some time.

Also who was Fener? And why were they revealing Healer? What kind of silliness was that.

Hmm, let's see, were you a timer-modkill or a low-post-modkill?

For the timer modkills I gave them an extension and they used that up and then got to the end of their modkill timer anyway.

For low-post modkills, too fucking bad. You had it easy for the entirety of day 1 and most of day 2, but you still posted just barely above an afk PS. I didn't make up the rule but I'm not going to coddle you. If you could only make a dozen-and-a-half posts in 50 hours, the 3 hours of forum downtime wouldn't have made a goddamn difference and it's your own damn fault for not posting more when you knew it was a rule and could have foreseen this or some other similar circumstance happening.

--D'rek

#52 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

Tapper, on Aug 14 2009, 01:43 AM, said:

I guess you all do it on instructions from Obdi, but why is everyone posting on not-in-the-game game alts? Any chance you guys could keep track of the passwords for these alts?

Obdi didn't leave any instructions about it but since there's no names in CF me and Shin started posting here in alts in Obdi's absence (makes sense if no names in CF). I was posting with Okaros just to mess with people still-playing's minds just for fun. Passwords are all kept track of in the pinned password thread, however Obdi didn't copy his changes of that alts used in this game into that thread.

Omtose, on Aug 13 2009, 11:31 PM, said:

I (D'rek) was fener. Why the silliness? Because I was fucking Fener! There was no point in continuing beyond day 1 if half the players were just going to vote me by default and I'd continue being a distraction for the rest of the game, so I made a big kerbuffle and went down day 1 when there wasn't much else of a reasonable target anyways. I threw in the healer reveal in the hopes scum would believe it and think the real healer is dead. Can't believe everyone is believing I was a symp, that whole asking for a vig bit was a} completely sarcastic, and b} way too ludicrous for a symp to. And yet, they all took it seriously for some reason. Oh well, the chaos of my lynch did provide some fancy opportunities for people to make revealing accusations against each other ;)

--D'rek

#53 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:53 PM

Eloth:

What is GL up to? I hung around before going to bed to see the reveal, and it's that he vig'd Ruse? WTF?

I imagine that he's worried about the Ruse death coming back on me. But I might well have got around that, and nobody will believe his reveal, because he distrusted Serc, not Ruse. So that will lead people to wonder why he claimed to have vig'd Ruse, and point them to me.

Fuck.

Plus the real vig might reveal to have killed Serc. Which would screw us completely, unless he is the real vig and killed Serc himself.

Fuck.

I'm using that word a lot.

Fuck.

Amp:

You found Sorrit as a Marker.

Neat.

Night 3 - Investigate Korvalain, or Eloth if Korva is lynched.

Getting really close now... not sure who the scum may be but at least I can CI myself on Sorrit and GL.

Eloth:

Oh, please stick a provisional on Sorrit, for the dastardly behaviour of being unsuspected, and not liking me.

I may put more thought into it later.

Goodnight, PS.

Korv x3 (and picking all the wrong people):

Heal Galayn Lord

Just in case he's truthful and scum want to take out a PI/CI.

I think that, if there aren't paired killers (and in fact 2 separate killers), I must have healed properly on night 1 (or a guard).

I healed Ruse night 1--saved him, maybe?

Ruse is NKed night 2.

Hmmm.

Heal Eloth

For now.

#54 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

Karat:

I've just posted as Hinter in the game thread! Korvelain noticed it, not sure who else.
Sorry.

Does that mean I'm dead?

Not modkill-wise, but if you're on anyone's list you might not live much longer in the game. Or someone might try to get you killed just because of that. Or not, who can say? Happens to all of us sometime, just try not to do it again.

Korv:

Let's test Gamelon's claim.

Heal Gamelon

HP(dead):

I knew playing this game would be a mistake. I keep being yelled at! Mother wants me off the computer, my friend wants me on the computer, but playing WoW, and I want to play this! Good God, if I'd known he'd become a full on hardcore WoW addict in 30 minutes I never woulda tried so hard to get him interested. And I definitely wouldn't have signed up for this game.

Get him addicted to mafia instead!

I tried, he failed...epically...and quit.

Eloth:

I've just re-read the Emur lynch, and the way the innocents talked themselves out of lynching GL was a thing of beauty.

Without a counter, GL's reveal could actually work very well for us, and probably make us favourites. But if there is a counter, and I think there will be, I think we're screwed.

From Silencer (aka kaschan):

Convey my apologies to Slick. Shouldn't have taken on that extra game, given RL and various other events that transpired. Hopefully he can pull it off without me. Good luck, man!

-Silencer

Eloth:

What is GL up to? I hung around before going to bed to see the reveal, and it's that he vig'd Ruse? WTF?

I imagine that he's worried about the Ruse death coming back on me. But I might well have got around that, and nobody will believe his reveal, because he distrusted Serc, not Ruse. So that will lead people to wonder why he claimed to have vig'd Ruse, and point them to me.

Fuck.

Plus the real vig might reveal to have killed Serc. Which would screw us completely, unless he is the real vig and killed Serc himself.

Fuck.

I'm using that word a lot.

Fuck.

I wish to apologise most profusely to GL for this. There was no counter, and he's widely believed. Given that, it was an awesome move.

He's also put in a huge amount of effort in defending himself and deflecting any suspicion that I get.

A thousand apologies and a thousand thanks to GL. If we win, it's due to him.

GL:

What the hell is Game?

Ninja? Finder? BP?

I don't know, but Eloth should target him, I am gonna push for a reveal, gently. And I have no idea how I am still alive. Player of the game should go to Amp if hes the symp.

#55 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

1) If you were modkilled for inactivity, D'rek gave you the extra time when the forums were down. You complain, she gets to hurt you.
2) If you were modkilled for posting less than PS, you can go fuck yourself.
3) No, the normal 'killers' don't need to know that GL steps up into a normal killer if they both die, they don't know his role.
4) As for posting as your alts in here, I didn't even think of it. It is a neat idea, but dosen't need to be done. If you would like to you can.
5) I get internets back tomorrow!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#56 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

Obdigore, on Aug 14 2009, 09:24 AM, said:

1) If you were modkilled for inactivity, D'rek gave you the extra time when the forums were down. You complain, she gets to hurt you.

Yay, sadism! ;)

Obdigore, on Aug 14 2009, 09:24 AM, said:

2) If you were modkilled for posting less than PS, you can go fuck yourself.
3) No, the normal 'killers' don't need to know that GL steps up into a normal killer if they both die, they don't know his role.
4) As for posting as your alts in here, I didn't even think of it. It is a neat idea, but dosen't need to be done. If you would like to you can.
5) I get internets back tomorrow!

Ah, see, didn't even know that GL steps up to a normal killer, very good!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#57 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

I see that I neglected to put that in there. Well, he does!

So frustrated with my internet.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#58 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

Amp:

He is either scum and knows I found him out, or he just missed the memo altogether (which could still make him scum).

Eloth:

Could Sorrit be a healer?

The conviction that Fener was a symp, coupled with the distrust of Gamelon (who might be trying to draw a heal) suggests the possibility.

Eloth:

If I die, does GL continue and gain killer powers? Because I might consider sacrificing myself for him.

I'd have to defer to Obdi whether I can answer this or not and he's not particularly around.

Will I be allowed to know anything about what happens to GL if I die?

No you will not.

#59 User is offline   Gavin 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

Path-Shaper, on Aug 14 2009, 08:38 PM, said:

Hmm, let's see, were you a timer-modkill or a low-post-modkill?

For the timer modkills I gave them an extension and they used that up and then got to the end of their modkill timer anyway.

For low-post modkills, too fucking bad. You had it easy for the entirety of day 1 and most of day 2, but you still posted just barely above an afk PS. I didn't make up the rule but I'm not going to coddle you. If you could only make a dozen-and-a-half posts in 50 hours, the 3 hours of forum downtime wouldn't have made a goddamn difference and it's your own damn fault for not posting more when you knew it was a rule and could have foreseen this or some other similar circumstance happening.

--D'rek

I like to point out I'm not critising you, I'm pointing out its a dumb fucking rule. I post when I can, I try and post content and don't spam the thread with garbage, as I post infrequently. 18 posts in 50 hours is pretty good for me as I'm sure others can attest to, I made an effort to stay well clear of PS.

And for the purposes of discussion yes the 3 hours of foum downtime does make a difference when it happens at 10pm - 1am. It means I couldn't post for 12 hours on a stretch since I gave up sometime after midnight and went to bed. Are you suggesting I should forsee downtimes during my key postings hours, and change my schedule around accordingly? Worked different hours? Cancelled social engagments? I was well ahead of PS when I left but due to the downtime I couldn't post anything since and PS went on a posting spree compared to the sparse PS postings up to that point.

Its a stupid rule for a few reasons:
The low posting route is a valid tactic, if you don't like it as a player then you can do someting about it, vote and make a case. The players need to take some responsibilty for what is being posted on the thread.
If someone isn't posting content then they should be chased up to post more. If they don't then voted off.
Real life problems can crop up, say you internet goes out at home the player will normally contact the Mod and ask for a Mod kill or the Mod can step in its why we have the timer mod kill.

There are some of us who unfortunately can never post a lot on thread, myself and Silencer and Baudin are often in this boat with a few others on occasion, basically with this sort of rule it means we can't even sign up for them.
Also it had the side affect of a lot more useless Spam on thread as people were just posting to post and not actually doing anything.

Finally - it wasn't even posted in the sign up thread, if I known it was going to be like this I doubt I would have signed up since I am a normal low poster. Instead it was sadly a waste of my time.

#60 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

I read that whole post as

'Waa Waa I want to lurk and not participate.'

You had less posts than the person lynched day 1, and the person who died night 1.

Low posting is not a 'valid strategy'. I don't like it as a player or mod, and I did something about it.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users