• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 44 Spoilers people behind bars aren't in prison

#481 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

View PostGem Windcaster, on Apr 30 2009, 08:05 PM, said:

Thanks Venge! *blushes* Look, I'm with the cool kids! :)

It helped loads :p
Thanks for the support Gem :)

I personally disliked the way we ended it, but this was way too much the golden opportunity to finish the game.

Props to HD, DW, Shin & Tehol for good play on their first (few) games, and welcome back Khell - you're not rusty at all! Slick Mongoose: awesome play. Thanks to malaese, Venge and HD, and Bent. Also, Dibs... what were you chain-smoking, man? Never have seen you this wrong, and Slick Mongoose was playing you better than you did yourself...
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#482 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

View Postteholbeddict, on Apr 30 2009, 06:30 PM, said:

View PostGem Windcaster, on Apr 30 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

View Postteholbeddict, on Apr 30 2009, 07:22 PM, said:

View Postbwgan, on Apr 30 2009, 01:20 PM, said:

But tehol...when do I not talk gibberish? :) :p

And I thought the whole point of mafia was to do your head in...or am I missing something? :)

Well yes my dear this is true and funnily enough the minute they revealed who you were I thought fuck! If I had alt guessed you I never would have pushed so hard, because quite frankly you were just being the bwgan I know and love! :p

Maybe mafia is supposed to do your head in! I'm still not sure I'm ready for some of the more complex games though. I need a chance to get the hang of things!

No use hun, just jump right into the fire, it's the only way... :D

Lol! I'll consider it Gem! You guys are going to turn me into a mafia addict! Nooooooo!

It's not all bad, it will improve your social skills and your argumentative skills. :p
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#483 User is offline   Tapper 

View PostBent, on Apr 30 2009, 07:46 PM, said:

Khell - Game was Tapper....sure he'll be flattered to see you thought he was Morgy though.

Hehe, the Norwegian and I see a lot of the game the same way, he just sees it a lot faster and better than I do :)

#484 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Oh, and I said it in the thread but will say it here too...thanks to Bent for setting up the game, that was a great way to reacquaint myself with this awful, head-bangingly frustrating and ridiculously addictive game :)
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#485 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

View PostTapper, on Apr 30 2009, 07:32 PM, said:

View PostBent, on Apr 30 2009, 07:46 PM, said:

Khell - Game was Tapper....sure he'll be flattered to see you thought he was Morgy though.

Hehe, the Norwegian and I see a lot of the game the same way, he just sees it a lot faster and better than I do :)

Yeah, sorry about that. You played a fantastic game, never caught even a whiff till the very very end...."Shadow HAS to be a killer" "Er...hang on...." :)

#486 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

View PostKhellendros, on Apr 30 2009, 02:27 PM, said:

Just read over the spoilers, first 10 pages of spoilers - I was on fire! Last 10 pages or so...not so much :) I think we can sum up where I went wrong quite easily - good instincts, no true follow-up.

View PostVengeance, on Apr 29 2009, 10:11 PM, said:

Ok I can't help but snicker at the way that Shadow keeps bringing up everybody as suspects. You want to know why he is suspicious and very probably the next lynch. That is why. People who should be ruled out get dragged back into the suspect pool and frankly that has a tendency to look scummy and sympy. It is great for him to make lists like that but if he doesn't want people to think that he might be a symp then he needs to send them to PS.

-Vengeance loves Khell....

You're totally right, Venge, but I have this problem where I just have to let everyone know exactly what I'm thinking, even when I know I'm just digging a deeper hole for myself. Anyway, I always did it with the intention of helping other innos make up their own minds....only they too often decided to go for me - I can understand why, though.

View PostPeanutbutta, on Apr 29 2009, 11:56 PM, said:

IMO, Khell/Shadow has played one of the best games of the lot. He's highly vocal but has managed to direct at least one lynch while simultaneously not getting lynched or killed. Furthermore, he's usually at least as correct as he is wrong, far more so than most of the players have been.

Hard to not give the pro play to the killers or symps because let's face it, they have only gotten killed from finders, not mistakes, but I'd give Khell a close runner up.

Thanks, PB, I accept runner-up with much gratitude, although I think I was more of a hindrance than a help towards the end, when I was just really trying to stay alive! And thanks for the modding and end scene, that was terrific :p

Overall, team evil deserved the win, they played far more sensibly I think. Cold, brutal, and efficient, just like the scum they are :)

Hah, I still feel you deserve that title after the game you played. You basically dodged the lynch three or four times with well-thought out logic. If you had hit scum even once, you would have been vindicated and almost certainly night-killed for being too clever for your own good.

You had a solid thought-game, you just kept looking at the wrong people. But still mad props for making it to the end. That's impressive given how bright your spotlight was.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#487 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind

View PostKhellendros, on Apr 30 2009, 06:32 PM, said:

Oh, and I said it in the thread but will say it here too...thanks to Bent for setting up the game, that was a great way to reacquaint myself with this awful, head-bangingly frustrating and ridiculously addictive game :)

Great it have you back Khell, we missed the Khell-factor. :)

#488 User is offline   Tapper 

View PostGem Windcaster, on Apr 30 2009, 08:20 PM, said:

Talking about complicated games, when do I get to play a TMDI 10+ game? Anyone feel like doing some field research? :)

Obdi will run one, my Highlander game is going to be complicated, and the Spy Game I have in mind is going to be 20+, but I think everyone likes the low tmdi-ones for all the sleight of hand it allows.

#489 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

View PostTapper, on Apr 30 2009, 06:34 PM, said:

View PostGem Windcaster, on Apr 30 2009, 08:20 PM, said:

Talking about complicated games, when do I get to play a TMDI 10+ game? Anyone feel like doing some field research? :)

Obdi will run one, my Highlander game is going to be complicated, and the Spy Game I have in mind is going to be 20+, but I think everyone likes the low tmdi-ones for all the sleight of hand it allows.

Great, I love the high TMDI ones, especially field research, and I haven't had the chance to play a 10+ game yet.

#490 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

View PostGem Windcaster, on Apr 30 2009, 07:34 PM, said:

Great it have you back Khell, we missed the Khell-factor. :)

haha, thanks Gem, good to be back! Although, I doubt you'll feel the same way when I inevitably manage to accidentally screw you over!

#491 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

View PostKhellendros, on Apr 30 2009, 06:37 PM, said:

View PostGem Windcaster, on Apr 30 2009, 07:34 PM, said:

Great it have you back Khell, we missed the Khell-factor. :p

haha, thanks Gem, good to be back! Although, I doubt you'll feel the same way when I inevitably manage to accidentally screw you over!

Ditto! :)

This post has been edited by Gem Windcaster: 30 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

#492 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Awesome scene and modding, PB - and whoever awarded you that title for your reveal - it is seconded. Unorthodox play, but I like it!

edit: it was Bent himself.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 30 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

#493 User is offline   Malaese 

• Recruit

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Finally got through the whole thing. There were a lot of missing PM's from Tap and I at the end, jesus we were biting our nails. Good game again to all.
QUOTE (morgoth45)
That's been established as scientific fact. For those of you who are familiar with science, you know it proves nothing conclusively as there can always be an anomaly, but a scientific law is something that is true 90% of the time.

#494 User is offline   Knucklehead 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Games, girls, food, girls, books, girls... did I mention girls?

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

So...........what's next?
Save the fine arts, shoot a rapper

#495 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

look up about 4 posts and we're good to go.

#496 User is offline   Knucklehead 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Games, girls, food, girls, books, girls... did I mention girls?

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:45 PM

I was kinda getting at who's running, and why isn't the goddam signup up yet. But I suppose that'll have to suffice. TMDI 10, yay. Cuz I'm sooooooo good at those. /sarcasm Well, when I'm Sauron I do okay. :)
Save the fine arts, shoot a rapper

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users