• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#81 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

It gives you a 500 gold bounty while wearing, iirc. Other than that it has no effects (does it give you detect life, or something as well?).

And, this is Oblivion, man. There is no way they'd make an item that takes away your ability to do the main quest, or people forget about you. :(

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#82 User is offline   Stradivarius 

• Marine
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

found a really good glitch on the xbox 360 version so not sure it works on the others. did the mission that provides the antidote for vampirisum for the lord where both he and his wife become vampires. he gives you 10,000 gold but if you keep going back and asking for th reward he keeps giving it to you! you can have as much gold as you want!
Whole bag of orios! crappin all over the carpet! twelve ribs my ass!!!

#83 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

View PostSilencer, on May 24 2009, 11:20 AM, said:

It gives you a 500 gold bounty while wearing, iirc. Other than that it has no effects (does it give you detect life, or something as well?).

And, this is Oblivion, man. There is no way they'd make an item that takes away your ability to do the main quest, or people forget about you. :(

It also gives feather 300, detect life and some 25 points to sneak/security I think. Can't quite remember what the abilities were.

Okay, I'm going to use it then. A bit weird that it cursed the grey fox for 10 years but I'm not going to be affected by the curse, pfffhh. :D

#84 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

:(

It does curse you - 500 gold bounty! (Like that is an issue...)

Plus you can just take it off whenever. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#85 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:33 AM

Any knowledge on this?

View PostAptorian, on May 24 2009, 11:14 AM, said:

EDIT: Another question.

If I go on ahead and finish the main quest line, will all the gates to oblivion close? If I want to raid them all for loot and fun, will I then have to get them all before I finish the main quest?

Currently I've been doing anything but the main quest, and have only just revealed the existance of the Mythic Dawn cult and their haven. I think an attack on Cloud Temple is under way. How much longer is the quest line? Am I half way through the Main Quest line yet?

#86 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

View PostAptorian, on May 24 2009, 06:33 AM, said:

Any knowledge on this?

View PostAptorian, on May 24 2009, 11:14 AM, said:

EDIT: Another question.

If I go on ahead and finish the main quest line, will all the gates to oblivion close? If I want to raid them all for loot and fun, will I then have to get them all before I finish the main quest?

Currently I've been doing anything but the main quest, and have only just revealed the existance of the Mythic Dawn cult and their haven. I think an attack on Cloud Temple is under way. How much longer is the quest line? Am I half way through the Main Quest line yet?

Yes they will

#87 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

encumberance is part of the game. it's what makes you actually choose what you carry around to eliminate the ridicule of a character carrying a set of 50 full body armors and an armory's worth of weapons all in his pockets. only pick up the stuff that's worth something decent. not to mention the awesomeness of actually reaching 100 in Heavy Armor when it stops encumbering you at all, or the importance of the Feather effect.
as for money making, it's quite easy anyway. buy Rosethorn Hall in Skingrad, pimp it out, hire the servant... now, she has an unlimited supply of Shepherd's Pies, which - with 100 Alchemy - are a 1 ingredient cure disease potion... fill up as many pies as you can carry, make it into potions, sell at the local alchemist... repeat until you have as much as you need.
truth be told once I broke 100 thousand from various sources (not just alchemy, but also the tonnes of daedric, ebony and glass armor and weapons I spent hours hauling out of various caves) I stopped picking up ANYTHING. gold is useless after a certain level.

now, I dare you to make a char that actually reaches 100 in every attribute :( (including luck!)
effective leveling wins.

This post has been edited by Gothos: 24 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#88 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:40 PM

I have about 2, 5 million in the bank right now. It's more or less become a hobby for me to feed the bank account and watch the numbers grow.

I love the garden behind the Mages University. You can pick up almost 1000 flowers every 3 days. That a lot of cash. I went from 20 something alchemy to a hundred very quickly.

#89 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

seriously tho, what's the fun part about this? you've cheated your way to a fortune that means nothing. where's the fun in all of this? it's like saying that artificially leveling your character through the console is OK because it's only a matter of time doing it in-game.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#90 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:36 PM

Its a sickness, I can't control it. I hoard anything and everything I can get near when playing computer games. Its a compulsion.

#91 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:38 AM

Besides, when you start off, everything is worth about half a gold coin, so I can understand upping its value a bit lol
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#92 User is offline   beru 

• shy guy
  • Interests:gaming (strategy/tactic first persons)<br />reading<br />swiming

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:02 AM

just a warning:
DONT COMPLEATE THE DAMN MAIN QUEST
it will lock all oblivion gates and thus stop you from getting more sigilstones
i want to see this world where T'lan imass kneels

#93 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

I agree with Apt. It breaks my heart every time I need to leave behind that Elven axe or Daedric cuirass from a goo sack on the oblivion plane. I would probably use a weight mod as well. It just takes a really long time to level up heavy armour to the point where it doesn't encumber you anymore (expert? master?) and until then carrying around full plate means you can't loot shit-all.

For me looting is what its all about and I'm constantly rearranging my inventory to maximize weight-to-sell value.

Also, a good way to cut weight is go on a huge alchemy spree. I tend to accumulate so many ingredients. Just do it in a town where you can sell off basically everything except health and sorcery potions and you'll be surprised how much your carry weight goes down. A single alchemy spree can net you enough spare weight for a nice daedric weapon or two.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#94 User is offline   Stradivarius 

• Marine

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

it is heart breaking to leave things of such value lying around
find myself droppinjg less valuble weapons just so i can carry the pretty and expensive ones

#95 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

I can carry 200 Daedric Cuiriasses and still have room for a couple hundre potions, books and stoleb silverware B)

#96 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

Friends, here's the future. One of the few upcomming games that makes me want to give up Oblivion.

Drangon Age:Origins

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#97 User is offline   Stradivarius 

• Marine

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

View PostAptorian, on May 29 2009, 10:26 PM, said:

I can carry 200 Daedric Cuiriasses and still have room for a couple hundre potions, books and stoleb silverware B)

well mee mee mee!

#98 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, DA:O has some great potential, I have to admit. Will wait to see what it's actually like before going all swoony over it, though. More to the point, have you see the image of the dwarf commoner? D:
And Oblivion will not die until the next ES game - mods ftw! (Morrowind is still going strong in that regard). B)

Shinrei said:

#99 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

Yeah, the game seems to have extreme longevity. Currently I think I'm beginning to have exhausted most of the quests in the orginal game but I still have Shiverng Isles to do and then there's the first half a dozen mod packs with whole new areas and tons of quests that I want to install.

#100 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

Well there's LOTS to do in Shivering Isles so you still have a ways to go.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users