• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:09 PM

Good. Don't know why Bethesda made that stupid end game choice for Fallout 3

#62 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

I heard that Bethesda hired some people to write novels about this universe, specifically events after the main story is over.

Anyway, I'll probably buy them. Some video game tie-in books are good (like Halo).

#63 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

View PostStalker, on Apr 29 2009, 03:59 PM, said:

I heard that Bethesda hired some people to write novels about this universe, specifically events after the main story is over.

Anyway, I'll probably buy them. Some video game tie-in books are good (like Halo).

Greg Keyes is writing the first book. Its supposed to come out in the fall I think.
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#64 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

My gaming experience has changed radically the last couple of weeks. It was only today that I realised that I've not actually been doing that many missions. I've just been robbing people for two weeks straight! :p

I've installed a "clutter" mod that makes even the worst trash worth a few coins along with a mod that lets me carry 5 tons. This has let to me taking EVERYTHING when I brake into a house.

Anvil, Bravil, Skingrad and Bruma are now more or less completely empty of any and all item that isn't bolted down or constantly watched by a guards.

Soon I will be moving on to the capital where I shall be creating a spree of break-in's that will surely rock the nation. If only the fools knew that their beloved hero is the thief stealing their most prized possessions.

Every coin I make goes into the Cyrodil Bank which is giving me a lousy interest rate of 7 gold for 1000 gold in the bank per day but with around 600.000 saved so far the payoff generated is beginning to become rather delicious.

#65 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:34 AM

5 TONNES?

That's...not even RP. That's just...ridiculous. Why would you ruin a game simply to horde? I mean..make multiple trips instead, man!

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#66 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:30 AM

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. But I'm the kind of player that doesn't like to leave things behind.

The encumbrance limit in these kinds of games drive me insane when there at the same time is so much stuff to gather and the enemies drop so much loot. If I'm raiding a decent sized cavern or dungeon I can kill the first five guards and then I will already have reached my encumbrance level when I pick up all their armor and weapons. Then I can run out of the dungeon, fast travel to what ever city is nearby (hoping the stores are open), then fast travel back, run further into the dungeon, pick up some more things, have to run even further out of the dungeon, fast travel... etc. etc.

Maybe if they had included Portal Tombs like Diablo, or a teleport ring it would have been okay, sort off. I experiemented with a travel mod that gave you a ring to teleport into all Mages guilds. But the mod made weird graphic shapes appear in the cities so I dropped it.

Instead I'm using this mod and it makes my gaming experience a lot more enjoyable. Besides, the amount of silverware I steal from castles alone, would probably top my encumbrance with out the mod.

#67 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:43 AM

it's still cheating on a grand scale

With a mod like that there's no point what so ever using light armour for instance
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#68 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

View PostMorgoth, on May 11 2009, 07:43 AM, said:

it's still cheating on a grand scale

With a mod like that there's no point what so ever using light armour for instance

You know... you just answered a question I've been wondering about. Light armor. So that's why people chose it. I thought it might make people faster.

I'm just chugging about in the heaviest gear I can find.

You're just jealous Morgypoo.

#69 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:01 AM

Well, Morrowind had Mark and Recall, Alsmivi and Divine Intervention, and suchlike, but it also didn't have fast travel.

Still, what's the point in having an encumberance stat if you're just going to cheat and make your character into Atlas? The point is that you have to pick and choose the quality goods, rather than try and take everything, or you have to spend the time running back and forth. I am disappointed in you, Apt. :p

EDIT: See? You are breaking half the game. I admit, Light armour was done poorly in Oblivion, but that's beside the point! Why don't you just do away with health and go all god-mode?

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#70 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:13 AM

Seriously, there's a big difference between being able to become RICHER THAN GOD and being immortal. If you remember some of my earlier posts I've actually taken steps to make the combat a bit harder by using the adrenaline mod that adds more enemies to any encounter.

I am not a role player. I'm more of an explorer and action addict. If this was a real roleplaying game I couldn't both serve the nine devine and run around killing guards and stealing everything. If it was a role playing game a master warrior wouldn't become the leader of the mages guild, I couldn't walk around Kvatch in Daedra armor without anyone noticing that I AM DRESSED AS A DEMON. If they wanted people to get all RPG immersed they should have made strict paths for the player. Your choices having bigger consequences. Hell, I've knocked most of the royalty out and stolen their possessions within their inner chambers, run to a fence and when I cam back they were all... Ohh, nice to see you. Nice weather isn't it?

#71 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:24 AM

The point is, what they have put in there are basic gameplay mechanics - I don't deny that Oblivion fails as a RPG, but that doesn't mean you should just disregard any semblance of what you can create. There is nothing to say that you have to be both good and bad, or the Master of the Fighters Guild and the Arch Mage of the Mages Guild.
Sure, I knock Oblivion for these very things - they shouldn't have been possible. But they are. Actually modifying the game to allow yourself to carry more is no different to using the console to set your health. Why not just additem some money in, if you want cash? It's the same thing. One could argue that it takes still slightly more time and effort to do it your way, but that's not the point - it's the breaking of the game in order to facilitate your obsessions. You are probably actually making the game a lot less enjoyable by doing what you're doing - I know I've been frustrated by the occasional over-encumberance, but I just drop stuff, and if it's important then I come back later.
Meh, up to you, of course, but I just find it weird that you'd do that.

Shinrei said:

#72 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:34 AM

In my opinion it has enhanced my enjoyment. I tried playing the normal way for a few weeks, but this is much, much better. And I do get a great enjoyment from breaking into all the houses and selling the stuff at the fences. I find it a lot more enjoyable to watch my fortune grow than to just add the money.

I guess you think the Bank mod is cheating aswell then?

#73 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:41 AM

How is the bank mod cheating? Does it make the game broken? Does it completely and utterly change the mechanics of your character to make them a god? It adds a funcitonality that is missing from the game, which enhances depth and makes the world more believable.

Shinrei said:

#74 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

The point of video games is to have fun. If you want to play in "god-mode", then do it. If you want it to be as realistic as possible, do that. But for crying out loud, neither way is the "right" way. This is Apt's first time playing Oblivion; I did it that way the first time, too. Then I replayed it without help and its a lot more fun. But if thats what you do do make the game enjoyable, do it.
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#75 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

my brother saved over my lvl 14 character, i put in many hours and just completed getting all my recommendations for the mages guild...

i dont know if ill have the heart to play again any time soon.
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#76 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

View PostZanth13, on May 11 2009, 05:23 PM, said:

my brother saved over my lvl 14 character, i put in many hours and just completed getting all my recommendations for the mages guild...

i dont know if ill have the heart to play again any time soon.

View PostZanth13, on May 11 2009, 05:23 PM, said:

my brother saved over my character

Kill him.

No, I'm serious. Kill him. That kind of shit is unforgivable.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#77 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

I know truly I was crushed, I havent picked up the PS3 since....
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#78 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:43 PM

Oh, I remember a friend doing that with Resident Evil 2, I was so very close to the ending as well.

His excuse was that "there wasn't any more room on the memory card". Then just don't save ye evil bastard! There was shit like Bomberman and Tekken on there he could have deleted instead. Pfffhh.

#79 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

I have to weigh in and say I've completed Shivering Isles and I'm working my way through some of the peripheral quests on the main section but I find the most fun thing to do is going into the Oblivion gates Pwning a load of daedra, nicking their Sigil Stones and then making my armour and weapons better with them. It's great fun.

It's a bit perculiar doing the Daedra quests having already done the Shivering Isles; you get to the Sheogorath one and think, hang the fuck about I am Sheogorath why am I trying to find a loads of items I don't want.
I AM A TWAT

#80 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:14 AM

I just finished the Thieves Guild chain and became Guild Master.

I'm wondering about this Mask of Nocturnal the Gray Fox gave me. I looked it up in the wiki but It didn't actually make me sure about the hoods abilities.

It says that the Mask takes all my notority and bounties, etc. But will I be affected by the same curse that the Grey Fox was? Will I become unrecognicable to the other characters when I take it off? Lose my Fame and Infamy? Will I stop being the hero of Kvatch? Can I still do the main quest, etc? Or is it only a temporary thing that affects me when I have it on?

EDIT: Another question.

If I go on ahead and finish the main quest line, will all the gates to oblivion close? If I want to raid them all for loot and fun, will I then have to get them all before I finish the main quest?

Currently I've been doing anything but the main quest, and have only just revealed the existance of the Mythic Dawn cult and their haven. I think an attack on Cloud Temple is under way. How much longer is the quest line? Am I half way through the Main Quest line yet?

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users