• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 April 2022 - 07:25 AM

Oh apt, you silly goose, this is how the Illuminati crab people get you

#12022 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 April 2022 - 07:39 AM

This is all setting up the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences / WWE crossover event we've been waiting for. Combining the Oscars and Wrestlemania into one event has always been Vince McMahon's dream.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#12023 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 09 April 2022 - 07:42 AM

worry, on 09 April 2022 - 07:39 AM, said:

This is all setting up the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences / WWE crossover event we've been waiting for. Combining the Oscars and Wrestlemania into one event has always been Vince McMahon's dream.

Well, it certainly would revitalize the Oscars.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#12024 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 April 2022 - 11:44 AM

All is going as planned. Expedites retreat from public life, elevation to lieutenant in worldwide satanic baby pedophile cabal that will require all of his effort, where he will be in charge of securing new born babies that will first be baptized by the pope before they are used in satanic rituals to extract adrenochrome for the entertainment elite.

Or more probable, a bit that backfired and he has to accept the blow back because he doesn't want to throw Rock under the bus. Something, something <hill to die on> something something.

Posted Image

#12025 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 09 April 2022 - 03:40 PM

Or maybe you were just wrong and got dragged into a silly conspiracy rabbithole? It happens, no harm done. But it usually pays not to paint people as idiots up front for sticking to the most plausible explanation and not immediately diving down the crazy slide.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#12026 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 09 April 2022 - 10:39 PM

Bad Boys II is wrong on so many levels. This may be the third time I have seen it. It gets worse each time.

On topic and on trend. Go me.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#12027 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 April 2022 - 04:05 AM

Antlers -- horror movie with Keri Russell and Jesse Plemons. Big on atmosphere, themes, and monster design -- real bad on character (after a strong start), plot mechanics, and follow-through on those themes, which are all pretty much left dangling. Baffling and unfortunate.

#12028 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 April 2022 - 07:26 PM

Watched Godzilla: King of the Monsters. It was quite the disappointment. Mothra was underused and the final square off between Godzilla and Ghidorah had some neat moments but it was a long wait for a brief payoff of action. Also, can someone explain to me the plot of the human component in the movie? It didn't make any sense to me.

With the flick being a disappointment, I have some concerns about going in to a viewing of Godzilla vs. Kong. Is it better then this? I sure hope so.

#12029 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 10 April 2022 - 08:25 PM

Godzilla vs Kong is great every time they are in a scene together. The rest of it is fluff to fill time until their next scene together. I think it was the first movie I saw after cinemas reopened in the pandemic and I remember thinking "This is what the big screen is for".
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#12030 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 April 2022 - 09:30 PM

Everything Everywhere All At Once is a superb movie. Ke Huy Quan and Michelle Yeoh should get awards for their roles in this. Stunning range of acting from every single person in the movie besides Becky, great at making me feel what's happening, gorgeous showcasing of the fights (can see everything clearly, which makes me give so much leeway for choreography and pace), and so much humor interspersed with the sadness.

I love, love, love this movie. I think you all will too.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#12031 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 April 2022 - 09:30 PM

It's Parasite quality.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#12032 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 April 2022 - 08:34 PM

Question about the new Jurassic Park movie. Is that the first one of this latest iteration to bring back all of the cast members from the original? Except the two kids, and of course the actor who played the "spared no expense" old dude who created the park.

#12033 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 April 2022 - 09:56 PM

^^^I think so.
I watched The Batman, now on HBO Max™. It was aight. Can't say I felt thrilled or excited at any particular point, but it's steadily pretty decent for its runtime. So while there aren't any particularly high highs, there weren't any low lows either. Probably a good watch if you love binge-watching Midsomer Murders or Rosemary & Thyme. Definitely the most detective-y Batman movie. I liked all the performances, and would say that reports that Ferrell is doing a glorified cameo are way off, Penguin's screen time is plentiful and crucial. If I had any sizable complaint, it's that aside from the opening Halloween stuff, this is the least Gothamy Gotham City in any of the movies.

#12034 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 April 2022 - 05:33 AM

Watched Uncharted. I guess it's a semi-ok as a time-waster because that's pretty much all it does. I'm generally on board with switch your brain off if it's at least consistent or a few percent plausible but geez ...
I was actually kind of bored at some points. It was a classic case of by-the-numbers because it seemed noone gave a shit.

The "I'm Out" moment was a bit later than I expected, but it was a good one: when a Sikorsky Skycrane with a lift capacity of around 10,000 kg or so can lift a 500,000+ kg Spanish galleon you know they're just not even giving a shit about the audience's ability to think. There's a difference between "unrealistic but cool so I'll go with it" and "insult to the intelligence of a 5 year old".

Tom Holland was ... Tom Holland. Mark Wahlberg was ... Mark Wahlberg. Antonio Banderas was sadly underutilised and the rest were window dressing.
I did think "that guy looks familiar" about the Scotsman character and it turns out he was the English Major dude in the Daniel Day Lewis Last of the Mohicans.

Four overly-complicated strangely operational 500 year old large scale mechanisms in the middle of a modern day city out of ten. Kind of like a poor man's Da Vinci Code or Last Crusade.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 24 April 2022 - 05:43 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#12035 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 April 2022 - 10:44 AM

that's disappointing to hear, yes yes video game adaptations are rarely good, but such a great IP to work with and they've stuffed it

This post has been edited by Macros: 24 April 2022 - 10:45 AM

#12036 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 24 April 2022 - 06:06 PM

Have tried The Batman twice on MAX.

What a shit movie so far.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#12037 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 April 2022 - 12:13 PM

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE. We liked it. My wife liked it quite a bit. It's a TAD overlong, but every time it feels like it's flagging, an action sequence livens things up. I think I prefer Johnny Depp's Grindelwald just a bit more, but Mads Mikkelsen is a stunning actor and does a wonderful job in the role. It's also probably a good thing Ezra Miller is on the verge of cancellation as he SUCKED in this one...like atrocious acting. They tied things up enough that IF they decide not to make films 4 and 5, they could leave it...but it's obviously still open to making those two.

The new Witch on the team (who I assume is present because Tina is mostly absent due to the actress not wanting to shoot during COVID) Eulalie Hicks, played by the WONDERFUL Jessica Williams stole the absolutely show. She was dazzling to watch, and I hope she's in the rest of the movies.

And of course Jacob was another standout for being the resident muggle who doesn't care about offending the wizarding world.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12038 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 25 April 2022 - 02:54 PM

The Batman. Still not sure how I feel about it. I think Worry hit it pretty well upthread. No real highs, no teal lows. It just is. I did enjoy the twist on the recluse emo Batman as opposed to the billionaire playboy Bat.

Still, I mostly enjoyed it. But the soundtrack was phenomenal. Something in the Way by Nirvana might be the best use of a pop song in a movie ever. At least off the top of my head.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#12039 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 April 2022 - 03:10 PM

'Where is my mind' by the Pixies for Fight Club. Hands down. Or 'White Rabbit' in Platoon and The Game.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#12040 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 April 2022 - 03:10 PM

Possibly 'The End' by the Doors in Apocalypse Now, too.

Share this topic:

• 643 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users