• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#11161 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:14 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 22 May 2020 - 03:03 PM, said:

It feels like he came up with this inversion concept but has no idea what story to hang off it. It's not like the two trailers we've seen are teasers that aren't telling us anything, especially that one: we've got loads of info, it just doesn't seem to point to anything coherent.

He does seem to love "time" stuff too....as Memento, Inception, Interstellar, the Prestige, Insomnia and this new one all have it as part of the gimmick.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11162 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:24 PM

He loves time, and trying to be Satoshi Kon.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#11163 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:28 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 22 May 2020 - 03:24 PM, said:

He loves time, and trying to be Satoshi Kon.

That's a REALLY accurate analogy. Well done sir. Now I gotta go re-watch PAPRIKA!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11164 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:06 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 May 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Now I gotta go re-watch PAPRIKA!

My work here is done.

Having rewatched Paprika recently I am regretting that my copy of Millenium Actress is in England and I am not.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#11165 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:40 PM

Hellboy (2019).

I was pleasantly surprised. Based on the reception and the poor reviews I was expecting it to be terrible, but I enjoyed it well enough. I thought the guy from Stranger Things did a fine job in the roll. Nothing exceptional, but Hellboy (2019) is a fun movie.

#11166 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 May 2020 - 02:03 PM

What is this?

#11167 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 May 2020 - 09:39 PM

Looks like a standard enough Ferrell parody

#11168 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 May 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

Whaaaaaat! Cate Blanchett might be Lilith? Posted Image

Posted Image

Cate Blanchett confirmed!..yowzers! I really want this to be good. It has Chernobyl pedigree involved, but it also is being directed by Eli Roth *yuck. I will just be observing and seeing how this comes together.

#11169 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:48 AM

Watched the movie Us. It was really creepy. You should watch it too, if you want to be creeped out.

Jordan Peele can comfortably take his place as one of the new masters of horror. Who new the guy from Comedy Channel - Key & Peele was so twisted. Although thinking about it, there were some freaky-deaky skits on the show.

#11170 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:33 AM

Watched A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood on Saturday night - I think we may be set off on a Tom Hanks-a thon.

Lovely film. It was exactly what I expected of it and was not an iota less enjoyable for it. Hanks is perfect as Fred Rogers.

- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#11171 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:42 AM

Watched 2 movies with the ladyhawk last night.

When Harry met Sally.

Neither of us had seen it before and kind of just wanted to see it as it's such a referenced movie. But it's a good flick, well paced and funny as hell. Billy crystal dead pans it superbly for some of the best lines.

Also watched number 3 in the Carry On box set.
Carry on Teacher, they started to really to find their pace with this one, plenty of good physical comedy and a few great bits of word play. The usual foibles, instant love etc, but they are what they are, from a different age, a generally innocent comedy with a bit of innuendo thrown in. I'm looking forward to number four, where the legendary Sid James makes his first appearance.

#11172 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:36 PM

Something big is coming tomorrow... new trailer for Bill & Ted Face the Music? You jerks better not beat me to it! Aw, I'm just joshin'. If you do beat me to, just promise me you'll post whatever it is. Pinky swear?Posted Image

Posted Image

#11173 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

Here you go duders. Be excellent to each other and party on dudes!

#11174 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:24 AM

Keanu Reeves face looks so weird. Is it just because he's been rocking a beard a lot recently? Did he gain weight? Is it the long hair? I don't know. He almost looks editted.

#11175 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:00 PM

View PostAptorian, on 10 June 2020 - 03:24 AM, said:

Keanu Reeves face looks so weird. Is it just because he's been rocking a beard a lot recently? Did he gain weight? Is it the long hair? I don't know. He almost looks editted.

Just the beardlessness.

Here's what I think the story will be.

The 1st and 2nd movie events in time shenanigans created a bunch of alternate split realities/timelines, and as a result, the ending of BOGUS JOURNEY didn't create the one reality where they united the world they were supposed to...and they need to fix that....hence the one future reality they go to with Beefed out Bill & Ted in prison...I also think that their daughters (also named essentially Bill & Ted) will be the ones to unite it with their dad's help.

#11176 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:55 PM

The ARTEMIS FOWL movie is on Disney+ today, so I started watching it. I was expecting bad, but at about the 20 minute mark so far and nothing has jumped out as being terribly bad? Brannagh's direction is as deft as ever, and Patrick Doyle's score is lovely.

I wasn't sure about Josh Gad being in this...especially as the narrator and with a Bale-esque Batman growl voice....but honestly, it's not that bad once you get past the incongruousness of it.

Anyways, I'll chime in later about it when I'm done, but for now it's not bad....certainly not as bad as the trailers made it look.

Note: I have never read the books, so I have no idea how accurate it is to source material. EDIT: A trip over to the subreddit for this series and everyone hates the shit out of it...huh.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 June 2020 - 07:12 PM

#11177 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 June 2020 - 07:10 PM

View PostMacros, on 05 June 2020 - 06:42 AM, said:

Watched 2 movies with the ladyhawk last night.

When Harry met Sally.

Neither of us had seen it before and kind of just wanted to see it as it's such a referenced movie. But it's a good flick, well paced and funny as hell. Billy crystal dead pans it superbly for some of the best lines.

It's the best Romantic Comedy ever made. Love that movie.

I've been on a #BLM binge. The Thirteenth is pretty devastating. I knew most of the facts but seeing them laid out like that gave me a fresh perspective as a white person. Today I watched Straight Outta Compton. New found respect for Ice Cube.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#11178 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 June 2020 - 07:13 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 12 June 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

I've been on a #BLM binge. The Thirteenth is pretty devastating. I knew most of the facts but seeing them laid out like that gave me a fresh perspective as a white person. Today I watched Straight Outta Compton. New found respect for Ice Cube.

These are both movies I've never seen but wanted to. Glad to hear both are good!

#11179 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:41 PM

Double movie night last night

When we First Met.
Silly ROM com, we both like Adam DeVine and it's him being him so it worked fairly well. Predictable for most of the beats but still worth a watch, less out loud laugh moments than Jexi though.

Murder Mystery, with Aniston and Sandler. Eh, was ok, watchable sure but not making any waves.

#11180 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:51 PM

Just checking in to say that the first 20minutws of ARTEMIS FOWL were not indicative of the hot garbage that the rest of that flick is. Hoo boy what a sinfully boring flick.

Oh and why do fairies who have magic....need tech and science?

Avoid.

Share this topic:

• 642 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users