• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#12121 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 June 2022 - 12:13 PM

View PostMacros, on 07 June 2022 - 07:45 AM, said:

Watched Burn After Reading last night, we both loved it, top notch cast and all hit their roles superbly. Coen brothers rarely get it wrong I guess

Goofy Brad Pitt is the best Brad Pitt.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12122 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:27 PM

Well this look dope!

Also I hear tell it has a fully Comanche language track you can listen to it in with subtitles.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12123 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 June 2022 - 12:53 AM

Yah it looks pretty tight! And that's cool about the language track too.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#12124 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 June 2022 - 05:21 PM

Who would win in a fight between Black Adam vs <insert hero/villain name here>?

#12125 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 08 June 2022 - 05:22 PM

Just finished Harry Potter 4. I really liked the shaggy hair for the guys and wouldn’t have minded if they kept going with it.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#12126 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 09 June 2022 - 04:16 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 June 2022 - 07:27 PM, said:

Well this look dope!

Also I hear tell it has a fully Comanche language track you can listen to it in with subtitles.

I like that this feels like what made this series good.

(I will admit was hoping for another cloverfield with that opening , I still want all 10)
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#12127 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 June 2022 - 08:56 PM

Wife had never seen Top Gun, and wanted to watch it before we go cinema it up for two.

It's not as cheesy as I remembered, but goofy enough in places. still unsure what purpose the volleyball scene serves.

That was early cruise career, I know he's a mega star now, but just looking through his early filmography his eighties and early nineties, what a run of films!

#12128 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:53 PM

Sandler's new film on Netflix

Hustle

Man this was so much easier to watch than Uncut Gems. There's nothing ground breaking going on, I'd go as far as to say it's borderline by the number sports redemption arc movie, but it's well done, it's well shot (something I normally don't give a shit about) and the score works perfectly with the montages (save me, QT has infected me!)
Sandler can act, we know this, but loon, this ain't an Oscar worthy show, any hype saying "Sandler's best performance yet" etc take with a grain of salt, but not too big a one, he's good in it, but he's not stretching like he was in Uncut Gems.

It's worth a watch

#12129 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 22 June 2022 - 04:28 AM

Watching Star Wars Ep 2 with my daughter Jaina right now.

#12130 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 June 2022 - 06:57 PM

Werner Herzog is a gd treasure and should be classified as such by the governing board of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.

#12131 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2022 - 05:52 AM

We have 56 minutes left of Ep 2. I’m enjoying seeing her be into it and asking questions. I wish I could have been like this for the clusterfuck cheap $ grab bait dangling poorly written absurd lore breaking train wreck of a shitshow Obi Wan but alas for most of that I was in shock and to broken hearted to properly engage with her then. We will finish tomorrow most likely and move onto Ep 3 at some point soon after. I’m kinda nervous she will not be into 4(esp)-6 as I find her Gen has issues with non HD era looks. Then again she did sit and watch a good deal of My Name is Nobody and Once Upon a Time in America with me with no complaints so I ll see.

It’s also on a whole different lvl between kids for me this time going through. My son was way younger on his 1st and not asking many questions at the time. She on the other hand is way older 1st time and just firing away.

#12132 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 June 2022 - 12:08 PM

View PostDown the shitter in the great flush, on 23 June 2022 - 05:52 AM, said:

I wish I could have been like this for the clusterfuck cheap $ grab bait dangling poorly written absurd lore breaking train wreck of a shitshow Obi Wan

You may want to watch the finale before saying this. I don't see how any Star Wars fan could be disappointed in that finale.

#12133 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 June 2022 - 04:13 PM

Does it end with Opie Juan telling Dirk Vidir that he will look after his kids and they will be just fine? And Dirk's only request is that Opie Juan keeps him informed of their progress and important life moments? And to at least think of him on Father's Day?

Obi Wan(ts) more Star Wars <<<< see what i did there? Posted Image

#12134 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2022 - 04:36 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 June 2022 - 12:08 PM, said:

I wish I could have been like this for the clusterfuck cheap $ grab bait dangling poorly written absurd lore breaking train wreck of a shitshow Obi Wan

You may want to watch the finale before saying this. I don't see how any Star Wars fan could be disappointed in that finale.

I had. It was shit.

#12135 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 June 2022 - 04:36 PM

View PostDown the shitter in the great flush, on 23 June 2022 - 04:36 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 June 2022 - 12:08 PM, said:

I had. It was shit.

THEN YOU ARE LOST.

#12136 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:46 AM

Well this look dope!

Is this a video game adaptation? If so then on one hand, instantly cautious, on the other if they have actually gone to the effort of including a Comanche language track then it might actually have enough effort going into it to make it oreyt.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#12137 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:14 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 24 June 2022 - 07:46 AM, said:

Well this look dope!

Is this a video game adaptation? If so then on one hand, instantly cautious, on the other if they have actually gone to the effort of including a Comanche language track then it might actually have enough effort going into it to make it oreyt.

It's not. It's basically explaining the story behind the fact that the Predators had been coming to earth for a very long time before Arnie met them in the 80's.

See the trophy wall on the ship in PREDATOR 2 that Danny Glover finds with skulls and weapons from many centuries of humanity.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 June 2022 - 11:15 AM

#12138 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:14 PM

Finally got to see the new Top Gun movie. It's beyond description. I thought it started weak but by about 20 minutes in, there was a grin on my face that barely left until the end. I wanted to whoop at many points. There were late-middle aged men lining the corridor outside the screen almost weeping as we left!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#12139 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 June 2022 - 08:42 PM

Haven't seen it yet, but I wonder why they replaced the iconic shirtless volleyball scene with beach football? The volleyball scene in the original is so iconic that there is a side mission in Borderlands 2 that is a riff on it. I'm guessing that with the high definition and fidelity that is the modern cinema that they figured they couldn't sell people on a 5ft 6in Tom Cruise as a passable volleyball player? But then again, maybe they just wanted to mix things up. Is there a backstory to why it's different in the movie?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 25 June 2022 - 08:42 PM

#12140 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 25 June 2022 - 08:52 PM

A lot of it is shot in silhouette which can only be to make Tom look decent next to all the youngsters. I said as much to my friend during the scene. I don't think you would get as many usable shots out of volleyball in silhouette. He still looks bloody good given his age but he's obviously not in his 20s anymore!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

• 642 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users