• You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#10601 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:21 PM

View PostGorefest, on 09 May 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

Soooo.... with both Decetive Picachu and Sonic lioned up for release soon, is this Nintendo's version of Marvel's 'Phase one' and are we working towards a Smash Brothers franchise...?

Replace that pen with a scalpel and replace the games with karaoke and we've got Jigglysaw
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#10602 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:40 PM

Watched creed 2. I liked it. Sometimes I really appreciate Michael b Jordan, sometimes I really don’t. For this movie it was the former. Dolph does well too, and Stallone can still play rocky just fine.
Error: Signature not valid

#10603 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:01 PM

Seeing John Wick 3: Popacapinacerebellum tomorrow evening, will let you know how it goes
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#10604 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 14 May 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

Seeing John Wick 3: Popacapinacerebellum tomorrow evening, will let you know how it goes

I don't think this is a spoiler but I heard that some people might get shot in that film...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#10605 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:53 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 14 May 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

View PostIlluyankas, on 14 May 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

I don't think this is a spoiler but I heard that some people might get shot in that film...

And perhaps stabbed by errant flying knives.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10606 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:56 AM

Crazy Rich Asians is a very enjoyable movie. Michelle Yeo is an immortal treasure and I'll watch anything she's in forever.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#10607 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 15 May 2019 - 05:56 AM, said:

Crazy Rich Asians is a very enjoyable movie. Michelle Yeo is an immortal treasure and I'll watch anything she's in forever.

My friend worked with her behind the scenes on STAR TREK: DISCOVERY and said she was a constant, and absolute delight in person. Humble, wonderfully knowledgable, and interesting.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10608 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:29 PM

I rewatched Into the Spider-verse. It's hard to sum up how good that movie is so I'll let Movies with Mikey do some of it instead (there are spoilers):

This post has been edited by polishgenius: 15 May 2019 - 05:29 PM

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#10609 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:57 PM

John Wick 3 trip report: Jabroni is excellent as always, 0 was a little too jokey for me and wasn't as good a villain as the first two films had, the gunfights were excellent if a leeeeeetle wasteful on bullets and shells, the story had some rough parts (but just remember that one pigeon) and someone managed to resurrect Halle Berry!

#10610 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:39 PM

John Wick 3 was excellent as an action movie, Halle Berry was surprisingly kick ass, and as for her two back ups in the fight scenes.... phenomenal stuff.

It's amazing to me just how a third film in a series can come in with something new when it comes to action scenes rather than just re-hashing stuff from the first two, but there are a BUNCH of scenes from start to end that impressed me as much as anything i've seen.

Plot is, as ever, paper thin, but the action is absolutely 10/10
meh. Link was dead :(

#10611 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:39 PM

#10612 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:43 AM

I am really excited for the new Godzilla. The trailers look awesome.

#10613 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:54 AM

View PostLackluster Bachelorette, on 26 May 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

Umm I’m trying to watch Ready Player One. IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT THOUGH! Giving me a headache!

It doesn't just look like shit, it IS shit.

@Ando
Agreed, looks like a lot of over the top monster carnage fun.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#10614 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:53 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 May 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

I don't think this trailer looks bad at all. I also don't see why this film is necessary.

Why do they continue to try and make a sci-fi horror film into an action summer blockbuster movie?

Also, I think the terminators lose some of their awe and horror when they're too well designed. The body horror element and the psychological WTF element is lost.

#10615 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:49 PM

View PostAptorian, on 26 May 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

I don't think this trailer looks bad at all. I also don't see why this film is necessary.

Why do they continue to try and make a sci-fi horror film into an action summer blockbuster movie?

Also, I think the terminators lose some of their awe and horror when they're too well designed. The body horror element and the psychological WTF element is lost.

I still think the idea you had a couple years back works better.

Whole thing is just a horror movie with a seemingly unstoppable/supernatural killer.

Eventually they kill it, police report states its a robot. Gets broadcast on the news and a scene similar to the end of Split happens, but with Linda Hamilton reacting.
meh. Link was dead :(

#10616 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

Aye but that's asking a lot of Hollywood.

#10617 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:32 PM

Mary Poppins Returns - quite good, strong songs, but two things bugged me. The first is that there's a lot of mountain biking going on, which didn't need to happen. The second is that Lin-Manuel Miranda had zero chemistry with Emily Mortimer. Emily Blunt should be a way bigger movie star than she is - can sing, dance, act, and shoot the hell out of stuff.

John Wick 3 - excellent, excellent action, held together by a loose plot. I didn't like the resurrection of one character, but it's ok. I liked this less than the second one, but feel like the series embraced enough locale shifts to be able to move elsewhere and stay fresh.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#10618 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:55 PM

How to Train Your Dragon 3: I skipped over earlier mentions of this, so apologies if I'm repeating other people's thoughts, but this movie didn't make a whole lot of sense. It had some good ideas, character moments, and even visuals, but it strung them together in ways that undercut the overall logic of what was happening and dulled the urgency and emotional impact. That said, there were a few standout scenes that are among the best in the series, and Toothless remains adorable. Mixed bag.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#10619 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:16 PM

Have you guys ever seen a movie called Battle Royale? Damn, that was messed up. Not being familiar with the movie (or read any background going in prior to viewing), I was shocked by the violence.

The showdown between Hirono and Mitsuko was my favorite. Damn, I knew Mitsuko would get far, she was my favorite. But yeah, it was pretty obvious who was going to be standing at the end.

Never trust an exchange student. Posted Image I recognized the actress from Kill Bill.

Posted Image

Fun fact: it's the main inspiration for the popular video game trend that has captivated every video gamer between the ages of 8 and 20 - a la 'Fortnite'.

This movie should be compulsory for every student to watch each graduation season. It would give them that 'take no prisoners' attitude they will need to be successful in the real world as they spread their wings and advance to the next phase of their lives.

Life is a game.

So fight for survival...
and find out if you're worth it.

#10620 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:58 PM

Are you serious? Battle Royale is a classic! So much so that the Hunger Games woman was almost accused of plagiarism.

Just don't watch the follow up it's not nearly as good.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 643 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic