Malazan Empire: Weird News Story Du Jour - Malazan Empire

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weird News Story Du Jour One thread to bring them all and in the darkness ... wtf?

#141 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

She lives in Manchester, she probably needs a run in with the chest minge.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#142 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/8627335.stm

I know I might be considered tasty by some people, but this is somewhat ridiculous... If I ever see someone reading a copy of this, I'm going to make a run for it...
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#143 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

*gets her witching cauldron*

Hey hussssbannnd! too too funny. (In that 'its so fucking obvious it was deliberately put in' sort of way)

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 18 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

#144 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

Shit, that bit of the recipe was a misprint??!!

Ah well, it tasted great anyway, so it could've been worse I suppose.

#145 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on 18 April 2010 - 11:17 PM, said:

Shit, that bit of the recipe was a misprint??!!

Ah well, it tasted great anyway, so it could've been worse I suppose.

Did you know here in South Africa the "EVIL" witch doctors steal genetalia of albino black
people to concoct love food?

Attached File  sangoma.jpg (39.89K)
Number of downloads: 2

Thelomen I believe I have found your true identity. :D
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#146 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

You utter, utter fucking loser ...

http://www.news.com....r-1225858424139

British 'Avatar' fan pays people to see the film ... and only dates blue women

* By Graham Donohoe
* April 26, 2010 2:42PM

Some fans of Avatar have taken obsession to a new level / Century Fox

* Fan is fluent in Na'vi after two months work
* Has spent hundreds seeing the film
* Is looking for tall blue girlfriend

BRITISH linguistics student Richard Littauer paints himself blue and talks 'Na'vi' as the world's number one fan of the hit sci-fi movie "Avatar".

The 21-year-old, who is fluent in the movie's invented language, Na'vi, pays people to see the film so they will be fans like him and will only date girls who also 'go blue' like him.

Littauer, who has published an online Na'vi-English dictionary, said it took him two months to learn the langauge used in the film.

"As soon as I saw the trailer I knew "Avatar" would take over my life," he said.

"I've spent hundreds going to see it.

"Strangely, I haven't got a girlfriend - it's hard to find someone 14ft (4.2m) and blue.

"I did pull a girl by speaking Na'vi.

"She found it beautiful.

"Dating websites are springing up with blue-colored women on them."

From Edinburgh, Littauer said his friends do think he's crazy.

"I get slagged off and called an oversized Smurf," he said.

"But I insult them in Na'vi."

Read more at the Sun.

---------------------------------------

"Strangely, I haven't got a girlfriend - it's hard to find someone 14ft (4.2m) and blue."

I can think of many more believable reasons. Maybe if someone convinces him that if he holds his breath long enough he will go blue ... ? Here's some high-tensile rope and a convenient sturdy ceiling beam. :Urb:

Well, consider your critics wtfpwned by your rapier-like wit then ... sheesh. :)

Seriously, who do you rank lower - Twitards or Avatards? Both come in below furries on the geek hierarchy, I hasten to add.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Sombra: 27 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#147 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:57 AM

Oh please ... :D

-------------------------------

http://www.news.com....9-1225860509376

Ageing rocker Mick Jagger grounds daughter over wild partying

* By Gordon Smart
* April 30, 2010 10:24AM

* Mick Jagger grounds daughter for wild partying
* Georgia forced to cancel plans by parents
* Shooting Stars: Week's hottest celeb photos

MICK Jagger, The Rolling Stones rocker famed for his hell raising antics, has grounded his 18-year-old daughter after she hit the town one too many times.

Mick Jagger, The Rolling Stones rocker famed for his hell raising antics, has grounded his 18-year-old daughter after she hit the town one too many times.

The Sun reports Jagger and his ex-wife Jerry Hall laid down the law with their youngest daughter, Georgia May Jagger, over her showbiz lifestyle.

The model was due to attend the launch of a new range of 3D televisions at London's Saatchi Gallery on Tuesday night, but was forced to send her apologies because she was banned from leaving the house by her folks.

Jagger, 66, is apparently determined that Georgia, who fronted campaigns for Versace and Hudson Jeans, pass her high school exams in art, photography and sociology.

"Georgia wanted to go and had accepted the invitation," said a source.

"But she respects her parents and had to obey their rules.

"Mick wants her to focus on her exams.

"She's only got a few months to go so this is a crucial time."

Jagger was once known as a snake-hipped hedonist, but Georgia admitted in a 2008 interview that he's not as laissz-faire as people might expect.

"He’s not as cool as you’d think he’d be," she said.

"He worries like most dads do."

-------------------------------------------

It's like Pablo Escobar (or Pete Doherty) doing a "Say No To Drugs" TV commercial - coming from a fully qualified position, but quite hypocritical.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#148 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

I could see him doing an anti-drugs advert that goes something like, "Say no to drugs, that way I get more!"
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#149 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

I can imagine Pablo Escobar doing an anti-drug commercial. It'd be like Puff Daddy's 'Vote or Die' song on South Park.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#150 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

Can someone spell HYPOCRITE? :D
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#151 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:34 AM

H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e.

#152 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, that Mick Jagger is such a hypocrite. How dare he make his daughter stay home and study! It's not like he's a grown man and she is still in school! I mean, just because he is a parent doesn't mean he has the right to, you know, think about what's best for his child. I am outraged. OUTRAGED I TELL YOU!

#153 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

Apt nailed it. Mick is a fucking hypocrite of the highest order. It makes him know better.

Better for her to be grounded until she's finished her schooling or be Lindsey Lohan? Seriously, with how retarded most people are today about celebrity, it's no damn wonder is it?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#154 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 01 May 2010 - 07:29 AM, said:

I could see him doing an anti-drugs advert that goes something like, "Say no to drugs, that way I get more!"

Unless they split the spoils 50/50, Keith Richards would be sooooooooo jealous that he'd quit the Stones...

This post has been edited by Tapper: 02 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#155 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

View PostMTS, on 02 May 2010 - 09:34 AM, said:

H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e.

(sings) " ... find out what it means to me ..." :D

I'm not saying what Mick did was necessarily wrong as a Dad, it's just that it's a bit rich coming from him. He can appeal to her, talk to her, demonstrate that he knows what he's talking about (like Ozzy can) or other possible alternatives that I haven't considered. But for Mick freakin' Jagger to ground his daughter so she does her schoolwork and parties less, even if it is for her own good, is rank hypocrisy.
I think his "dad" role outweighs his "lost all rights to comment on this shit a long long time ago" role by a nanogram. It would have made more sense if he had been denouncing his wild ways for years as she grew up - but he didn't. Neither him nor Keef nor Ronny nor Charlie have said anything like "Yep, it was fun but we were wrong" in any outbreak of common sense or concern for their image or their children. For him to pull this shit now is pretty callow.
I'm not saying he doesn't lead a healthy lifestyle now - he does (apparently). And I'm not saying he should be in a "drugs are bad, mmmmkay?" commercial, because I doubt anyone would take it seriously. OK, we have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes for years at Chateau Jagger, but frankly the bloke does have some sort of civic responsibility, which comes with great popularity.

I will however give him points for putting being a better dad (at the moment) ahead of the popular opinion of him, which to a narcissist like him must smart just a little.

Of course, if he had done his job better as his daughter was growing up she might not have been in the situation of having him concerned about her. Now (like a lot of uncomfortable dads) he has to warn her about blokes just like he used to be. Or - looking at even a fairly recent track record - still is. :D

This post has been edited by Sombra: 02 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

#156 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

View PostSombra, on 02 May 2010 - 10:15 AM, said:

View PostMTS, on 02 May 2010 - 09:34 AM, said:

H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e.

(sings) " ... find out what it means to me ..." :D

I'm not saying what Mick did was necessarily wrong as a Dad, it's just that it's a bit rich coming from him. He can appeal to her, talk to her, demonstrate that he knows what he's talking about (like Ozzy can) or other possible alternatives that I haven't considered. But for Mick freakin' Jagger to ground his daughter so she does her schoolwork and parties less, even if it is for her own good, is rank hypocrisy.
I think his "dad" role outweighs his "lost all rights to comment on this shit a long long time ago" role by a nanogram. It would have made more sense if he had been denouncing his wild ways for years as she grew up - but he didn't. Neither him nor Keef nor Ronny nor Charlie have said anything like "Yep, it was fun but we were wrong" in any outbreak of common sense or concern for their image or their children. For him to pull this shit now is pretty callow.
I'm not saying he doesn't lead a healthy lifestyle now - he does (apparently). And I'm not saying he should be in a "drugs are bad, mmmmkay?" commercial, because I doubt anyone would take it seriously. OK, we have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes for years at Chateau Jagger, but frankly the bloke does have some sort of civic responsibility, which comes with great popularity.

I will however give him points for putting being a better dad (at the moment) ahead of the popular opinion of him, which to a narcissist like him must smart just a little.

Of course, if he had done his job better as his daughter was growing up she might not have been in the situation of having him concerned about her. Now (like a lot of uncomfortable dads) he has to warn her about blokes just like he used to be. Or - looking at even a fairly recent track record - still is. :D

'If he had done his job better?' Oh yes, because if a father is concerned about his daughter getting into trouble at a party, he's done a bad job. Get real, Sombra. 'Civic responsibility'? Bullshit, the man doesn't have to answer to anyone when it comes to raising his daughter. Every parent is a hypocrite.

#157 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

View PostMTS, on 02 May 2010 - 11:04 AM, said:

'If he had done his job better?' Oh yes, because if a father is concerned about his daughter getting into trouble at a party, he's done a bad job. Get real, Sombra.

I am. If he had the confidence and trust in her that a proper upbringing would have created between them both, he wouldn't have had to do this because she wouldn't have been in such a vulnerable (?) position in the first place. My parents raised me (fairly) well, to think for myself and trusted me, and I never gave them cause for concern. Admittedly daughters are a bit different, but the principle remains the same.

'Civic responsibility'? Bullshit, the man doesn't have to answer to anyone when it comes to raising his daughter. Every parent is a hypocrite.

Yes he does - he has to answer to her.

The more I think about it, the more his actions seem like those of a person more concerned with trying to look like a father to outsiders than actually having done a decent job in the first place. This is a guy who fucked around like crazy up until very recently. If he was concerned about his kids, he wouldn't have done that, it's just that simple. And no, I'm not holding him to a different standard than other average dads, anyone who pulls that shit is an arsehole.

Hmmm, this type of musing is just too deep for this thread. :D

#158 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

View PostSombra, on 02 May 2010 - 11:43 AM, said:

View PostMTS, on 02 May 2010 - 11:04 AM, said:

'If he had done his job better?' Oh yes, because if a father is concerned about his daughter getting into trouble at a party, he's done a bad job. Get real, Sombra.

I am. If he had the confidence and trust in her that a proper upbringing would have created between them both, he wouldn't have had to do this because she wouldn't have been in such a vulnerable (?) position in the first place. My parents raised me (fairly) well, to think for myself and trusted me, and I never gave them cause for concern. Admittedly daughters are a bit different, but the principle remains the same.

I never gave my parents cause for concern, yet they refused to let me go to parties 3 weeks out from my exams. Does that mean I had an improper upbringing? Of course not, they were just trying to make sure I studied and did well.

'Civic responsibility'? Bullshit, the man doesn't have to answer to anyone when it comes to raising his daughter. Every parent is a hypocrite.

Yes he does - he has to answer to her.

The more I think about it, the more his actions seem like those of a person more concerned with trying to look like a father to outsiders than actually having done a decent job in the first place. This is a guy who fucked around like crazy up until very recently. If he was concerned about his kids, he wouldn't have done that, it's just that simple. And no, I'm not holding him to a different standard than other average dads, anyone who pulls that shit is an arsehole.

Hmmm, this type of musing is just too deep for this thread. :D

How is answering to her 'civic responsibility'? And it's not like she's up in arms about it anyway. Besides, what basis do you have for making the claim that he didn't do a decent job? She knows what 'laissez-faire' means and can use it in a sentence - that puts her leagues above most kids her age. I would say the man has done a very decent job, considering her career and prospects so far. What he (I imagine) is recognising, is that kids can get caught up in their lives and ignore the important stuff like school. In the environment she is in, I would think that's an even more likely scenario. So how dare the man forbid a minor to go out partying and stay home and study for exams instead. What an arsehole.

#159 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

View PostSombra, on 27 April 2010 - 09:45 AM, said:

You utter, utter fucking loser ...

http://www.news.com....r-1225858424139

British 'Avatar' fan pays people to see the film ... and only dates blue women

* By Graham Donohoe
* April 26, 2010 2:42PM

Some fans of Avatar have taken obsession to a new level / Century Fox

* Fan is fluent in Na'vi after two months work
* Has spent hundreds seeing the film
* Is looking for tall blue girlfriend

BRITISH linguistics student Richard Littauer paints himself blue and talks 'Na'vi' as the world's number one fan of the hit sci-fi movie "Avatar".

The 21-year-old, who is fluent in the movie's invented language, Na'vi, pays people to see the film so they will be fans like him and will only date girls who also 'go blue' like him.

Littauer, who has published an online Na'vi-English dictionary, said it took him two months to learn the langauge used in the film.

"As soon as I saw the trailer I knew "Avatar" would take over my life," he said.

"I've spent hundreds going to see it.

"Strangely, I haven't got a girlfriend - it's hard to find someone 14ft (4.2m) and blue.

"I did pull a girl by speaking Na'vi.

"She found it beautiful.

"Dating websites are springing up with blue-colored women on them."

From Edinburgh, Littauer said his friends do think he's crazy.

Read more at the Sun.

---------------------------------------

"Strangely, I haven't got a girlfriend - it's hard to find someone 14ft (4.2m) and blue."

I can think of many more believable reasons. Maybe if someone convinces him that if he holds his breath long enough he will go blue ... ? Here's some high-tensile rope and a convenient sturdy ceiling beam. :D

Well, consider your critics wtfpwned by your rapier-like wit then ... sheesh. :D

Seriously, who do you rank lower - Twitards or Avatards? Both come in below furries on the geek hierarchy, I hasten to add.

Since having sex with an alien is technically bestiality then the guy is an erotic furry.
If he's inserted himself into the story than he is the lowest wrung of sad sad geek there is.

Though I think we should lock the guy in a room with a bunch of the hardest core twitards possible.
Seems like apt punishment.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#160 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:10 PM

Apt indeed.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +