Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#441 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 26 April 2010 - 06:16 AM, said:

Nobody blames you. They have it coming.

right... and its so unfair you cant kill them all...
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#442 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

I always wonder about this every time I hear the warning. Calling a predator missile friendly is absurd!

Posted Image

#443 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

What are you guys talking about? Pro piping (aka OMA+Danger Close+Grenade Launcher) is amazing and shouldn't be attached to any sense of shame. On maps where it's useful (Rundown, Terminal, Crash, Karachi, etc.) it racks up kills like no other, and danger close guarantees your killstreaks will do some work.

It's above Commando + Tac Knife, at least. D:

#444 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

With commando and tac knife you can at least shout some ridiculous blather to make your teammates laugh whenever you go for another should-be-impossible kill. noobtubing is just noobtubing. :D

#445 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

@Apt - well, once again this is one of those things CoD just fails to do right. Predator UAV's are hardly ever armed with Predator missiles (which afaik are not a real type of missile in current usage), preferring Hellfires or Stingers. Not to mention the Predator UAV in campaign which circles around just launching missiles at you? Yeah, they basically can only take two missiles at any one time. XD Unless, ofc, it is actually a Reaper or Warrior variant, with 7 or 4 missile hardpoints instead.
As for 'friendly', I presume you do know what it means, and yes, that pic is win. :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#446 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:54 AM

Call of Duty: Black Ops announced

#447 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

Bah, WaW wasn't that good and CoD3 is arguably one of the worst games in the franchise. Not terrible, just not as good as the Infinity Ward offerings. I'm completely un-hyped for this, and will probably remain so forever. No decent info yet, anyway. But good to know about it, thanks Apt. :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#448 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

The first Teaser for COD: Black Ops

#449 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

T minus 2 hours until the map package is unlocked!

#450 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

Map pack is pretty good.

Too bad the IW label is dead to me, thank you Bobby Kotick.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#451 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

Questions:

Thoughts on map pack 1?

Anyone getting map pack 2?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#452 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

I'm a bit annoyed with the pack.

Except for the "apartments" map, I like them well enough, but they've put the new maps in a slot by themselves. I want to play them in a mix with the older maps, but that's not an option. You can only play those 5 maps alone so much before you go back to the bigger selection.

I'll still buy the second map pack anyway though, because I'm a mindless lapdog to the DLC industry.

#453 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

You do play them in the normal modes as well, as long as the host has them.

You can just play a group of games on only those maps to learn them for now.

After a week or two, that play list will go away, at least that is what they did for the 360 release.

Which one is 'the apartment' one?

The one with the street in the middle and the cop car and you either spawn in the parking lot or the pool?

#454 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

View PostObdigore, on 01 June 2010 - 06:46 PM, said:

You do play them in the normal modes as well, as long as the host has them.

So far I have only played one game where it switched to a DLC map and it immediately disconnected for some reason. And I've played a lot of games. The new maps are not anywhere in Free-for-all, Ground War or Team Hardcore.

After a week or two, that play list will go away, at least that is what they did for the 360 release.

I was expecting the same, but it's been a month or something now. And it still hasn't switched.

Which one is 'the apartment' one?

The one with the street in the middle and the cop car and you either spawn in the parking lot or the pool?

Yup. For some reason I can't really get into it. The pathways are too long and the open areas are terribly cluttered.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 01 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

#455 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

Yea that map you are talking about, the fight revolves around 2 areas. The upper 'ledge', where you can shoot into the apartment across the street, or the apartment across the street. If your team controls one and the other is contested, you will win.

Weird, maybe a lot of people didn't purchase the map pack, and thats why you don't see it? Also, PSN is terrible compared to Live. I have both, and I'm sorry, but it is.

#456 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

Not getting the new map pack until I hear some good reviews. Got the last one and deleted it because I hated it so bad. Every new map strategy: camp your ass off and win.
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#457 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

I hit P9 last night, put some microshaft points into my xboxlive account so I can get the new map pack.

Weeee.

#458 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

I like the new maps. I like them only on the mosh-pit type playlist they are on now.

Carnival is not fun for S&D, but for any other objective map it is.
Trailer Park is great for CTF.
Fuel is... well I only played it twice. Still attempting to get used to it. Was really fun in Demolition, not so much in S&D. I think it might be larger than Derail.
Vacant is still vacant, if it is more beautiful and harder to see.
Strike feels a lot more cluttered, and they adjusted spawn points a little bit, but it seems about the same.

#459 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:15 AM

They've begun mixing the DLC maps with the regular maps now. Fun.

Now to wait 2 months untill they release the next DLC map package.

I honestly don't see why they don't just remaster all the COD4 maps and give them to us free. That is what Valve would do. But this is of course Activision. Bloodsucking parasites.

#460 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

I am an idiot :D

I am currently on my first prestige and I'd selected the AA12 as one of the weapons I would train to max level completion on the first tier. I've been using it along with marathon, Lightweight and either Scrambler or Ninja. All well and good, only, I've been doing something incredibly stupid.

Since I didn't need my primary weapon I just chose the shield. I thought that was a good idea, because it provided protection on my back and I could use it to soak up damage and distract the Harriers and Sentry Guns. Only, I'm a fucking noob bastard, because the shield is stupidly heavy and I've been running like a turtle.

I just tried switching to a small primary weapon instead of the shield and now I'm practically zipping about raking up easily 10-15 more kills per round than before. I''ve played 60 levels, plus the first 70 levels without even considering the handicap I was giving myself.

Yeah, yeah, speedrunners are almost as annoying as noobtubers, but it really is surprisingly fun to get the rush of just sprinting across the map, closing distances and blowing people away up close.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

21 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users