Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#401 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

Best I ever did was 11 with the WA2k on mercenary TDM.

To be fair, the other team was HORRIBLE and my team was great. I sat in the central building complex of Rundown, guarded by my team and sniped everybody coming over that bridge...over...and over.....They kept trying to get a bead on me and I kept being like BOOOOM HEADSHOT.

My other best was another 11, with the mp5k (of all the shitty guns to get it with too) on Karachi. over half wer knife kills.

Too bad I had zero unlocks at the time for killstreaks...mine stopped at harrier.

Armed with new knowledge on snipe rifles, I plan to do hammer together a serious barret snipe class tonight.

Whats everybody's opinion on best SMGs?

I really liked the vector at first, and I've used all of them to the point of unlocking akimbo and silencers...but I'm undecided. A lot of people are really stoked on the UMP but I find it can be hard to get kills with.

How bout LMGs

The only one I've used at all really is the AUG...which I love.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#402 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:39 PM

View PostJusentantaka, on 23 April 2010 - 04:09 AM, said:

View PostSilencer, on 22 April 2010 - 10:21 PM, said:

In other news, yes, silencers are kinda useful for nerfing your own gun, and to me the stated bonus of not appearing on radar, while decent, is not really worth it most of the time. People know where they're being shot from, where the sniper spots are...
And how the hell did they put a silencer on a Barrett .50 cal that doesn't shatter instantaneously? And what is the point? It's a frakking .50 cal! XD

You can't silence a super sonic bullet period, and trying to do it royally screws the ballistics, which the game here gets right for once, since the bullet will slow down and *correct term fail* so its not as accurate. Anything subsonic can be silenced easy though, even firing bursts.

And you CAN silence a .50 rifle, same as any other supersonic shot, it just has to match up to the wonky, but linear, relationship between powder load and shot weight the same as with smaller calibers, it just kind of defeats the real life purpose of the weapon to do so, since there's no way a shooter could reliably hit a target at a half mile or more with a silencer on.

Just started playing again... to find that "I" am prestige 8 now. Interesting. :p

Pretty much what I said, 'twas just being less specific. XD

@cf - yeah, I like the AUG too. Smaller mag but damn it's fun!

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#403 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

View PostAptorian, on 23 April 2010 - 06:57 AM, said:

How does prestige actually work. You reach level 70, then what? Do you get new challenges or a new goal? Is it something about getting a good K/D ration or something?

You start over at level one and have to unlock everything again. You get a new class slot every other prestige and you unlock new challenges/titles/emblems
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#404 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 23 April 2010 - 11:29 AM, said:

I really liked the vector at first, and I've used all of them to the point of unlocking akimbo and silencers...but I'm undecided. A lot of people are really stoked on the UMP but I find it can be hard to get kills with.

Easily the P90. It has great accuracy AND good stopping power. I just got the Uzi a few levels ago and I really like the bursts it makes, but it's not very accurate. It's fun for the small maps but not great for distance or fast aiming. I really loved the MP5 in COD4 but I'm not really feeling the love yet.

How bout LMGs

The only one I've used at all really is the AUG...which I love.

I'm not particularly fond of the AUG. The only thing it has going for it is the faster reload capacity. Otherwise it doesn't seem very strong, the lower fire rate is a let down.

I haven't gotten the last LMG yet, but so far I really like the first one the LSW which is my favorite, but I also like the RPD. Both of them have high firing rates, big magazines and good stopping power.

I'm one of those people who will just keep the trigger down and spray the every loving crap out of everything I get near.

View PostEddie Dean, on 23 April 2010 - 01:25 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 23 April 2010 - 06:57 AM, said:

How does prestige actually work. You reach level 70, then what? Do you get new challenges or a new goal? Is it something about getting a good K/D ration or something?

You start over at level one and have to unlock everything again. You get a new class slot every other prestige and you unlock new challenges/titles/emblems

Wait, so how do you gain "levels" in prestige? Do you need to reach level 70 again to get Prestige 2? and then do 70 levels again to get Prestige 3, etc?

#405 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

You reach level 70, go to level "71," then have the option of prestiging. The first time, it gets you a set of new challenges and a new custom class. Every odd prestige gives another custom class; every single prestige gets you a new icon (some suck, others are nice).

To really get good at building killstreaks, you generally have to use good builds. For example, some of my tryhard classes are:

AK-47 + Noobtube, RPG, Claymore, Stuns, Scavenger, Danger Close, Ninja
UMP-45 + Silencer, M93 Raffica + Silencer, Throwing Knife*, Stuns, Marathon, Lightweight, Ninja
Intervention + FMJ, Akimbo USPs, Throwing Knife*, Stuns, Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power, Steady Aim
TAR-21 + Noobtube, OMA, Claymore, Stuns, OMA Pro, Danger Close, Sitrep
*The throwing knife is just for fun kills and when climbing ladders (you can use throwing knives on a ladder)

It's basically important to make sure that your perks synergize with your weapons. If you have an explosive-based class (like with noobtube and RPGs), use scavenger or OMA (if you want to be a complete asshole haha) and consider danger close, especially if you're using OMA. If you have a sniper, use SoHP. etc etc

Also, the UMP is pretty much the best SMG hands-down. Even silenced it's a 3-hit kill at any range. It's really easy to dropshot with, too.

This post has been edited by Sixty: 23 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

#406 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

Hey Silencer, take OMA off your TAR-21 and put on Scav Pro, unless you are camping like hard.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#407 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

You mean me? OMA is for propiping ... aka the easiest way to farm killstreaks. Find a propipe spot (e.g. point C on terminal / looking down the hallway to A), fire two noob tubes, refresh class, repeat.

#408 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

sure if yo want to camp it.

Put on Scav, and you need to move, but you have infinite tubes, and can use an AT4 for larger explosions.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#409 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:29 AM

Yeah, that's what the AK class I listed is for. The OMA / propiping class is for sitting in a good spot (or just moving around, really) and doing crazy shit like tubing people capping C on rundown from behind A. By far the easiest way to farm kills ... not the most exciting or skillful though.

#410 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Go Cards!

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

How bout LMGs

ump is the best if your running a cold- blooded class because it is the only gun ingame besides the fal and sniper rifles that are a 3 hit kill at range without stopping power.
Personally, I love the mini uzi with rapid fire or a silencer.

Everyone loves the Aug or the RPD, but for me the L 86 is hands down the best. Horrible recoil, but if you can handle it this gun is a beast. It is the highest DPS gun in the game. The only downside for me is that it has horrible Iron sights (the only ones I can't use in the game besides the FAL and m16) so I need to use bling. Had a new high kill total using this bad boy on scrapyard last night. 65-15 or something. Would have got that damn nuke but I'm a dumbass who didn't hide good enough with my chopper gunner in the air and I got killed

#411 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

Just got killed by some guy who was "infected", what the hell is that about? Chemical weapons?

#412 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Go Cards!

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

View PostAptorian, on 24 April 2010 - 07:03 PM, said:

Just got killed by some guy who was "infected", what the hell is that about? Chemical weapons?

No, just his title, which you should now have. Theres another one called std you get by stabbing someone wearing it.

#413 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

View PostEddie Dean, on 24 April 2010 - 07:55 PM, said:

Theres another one called std you get by stabbing someone wearing it.

I spent almost half an hour the other night trying to get that one. And failed.

#414 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:54 AM

I just kill zombies, I cant remember if i posted that in here yet or not...

I kill alot of zombies...
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#415 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:16 AM

Nobody blames you. They have it coming.

This post has been edited by Adjutant Stormy: 26 April 2010 - 06:16 AM

<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#416 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:35 AM

So, I went ahead and pre-purchased the Stimulus package for PC. It's coming out next week and it was 10% off on steam.

I have to say it is the most greedy addon I have ever heard of. 15 euro for 5 maps, 2 of which are old, and that is it. No new upgrades, no new weapons, no nothing. That's like hundreds of millions of dollars in Activisions wallet for what amounts to very little work. Also, while I loved Crash, Overgrown is a piece of shit map. It's worse than that rainy map in MW2.

Unfortunately I don't want to get kicked every time a new map loads, which I'm sure the servers will be geared to do trice as often as usual. Also I am addicted, I just want more!

#417 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

Something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. And people are (as you so kindly demonstrate, Apt :Urb:) willing to pay that much.

Ah well, Halo: Reach Legendary Edition pre-ordered here. $250 NZD. (Approx $180 US, for comparison...)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#418 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

@ Eddie

didn't know that about the UMP.

I was having a severe rip with the SMGs last night. My AUG is already leveled through to the really hard-to-get ones, but the other ones I realized have zero levelups for them. Got all my red dots for all the LMGs on my session yesterday.

Also have been rocking the Barret and intervention pretty heavily. Intervention really just cause I want the points...but I'm completely converted from my earlier opinion on the WA2k. Piece of crap gun compared to one-shotting damn near everything with the barrett.

I also need to level up my lightweight and marathon, so I made an akimbo uzi with commando lightweight and marathon on it. My word its fast.

I feel like a wanker using it, but its fun for a couple of rounds on maps like junkyard and highrise.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#419 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

M/LW/C + Silenced UMP45 is the best setup, unless you use a pistol with tac knife like a knifing little bastard.

#420 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

I don't have any tac knife guns yet I don't think.

What is that? I've heard it mentioned but never used it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic