Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#481 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

View PostJLV, on 06 November 2011 - 08:11 PM, said:

I liked the simplicity of CoD4. Especially how there were a clear 2 best weapons (excluding sniper rifles). m16 and mp5. I think it was more fun having 2 slightly better weapons, so using a different weapon shows that you're just that good. Compared to having a ton of mediocre weapons.

OH! I just remembered. When they took out stopping power! That's why I don't like it. Duh. Does MW3 have stopping power?

You must be joking. AK47 with a silencer was a laser beam in COD4.

Unstoppable at all times.

The M40a1 sniper was awesome. A silenced P90 wrecked entire teams, and nothing beats an RPD for laying on your face and making people cry.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 06 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#482 User is offline   JLV 

• Stoned Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

View PostObdigore, on 06 November 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:

View PostJLV, on 06 November 2011 - 08:11 PM, said:

I liked the simplicity of CoD4. Especially how there were a clear 2 best weapons (excluding sniper rifles). m16 and mp5. I think it was more fun having 2 slightly better weapons, so using a different weapon shows that you're just that good. Compared to having a ton of mediocre weapons.

OH! I just remembered. When they took out stopping power! That's why I don't like it. Duh. Does MW3 have stopping power?

You must be joking. AK47 with a silencer was a laser beam in COD4.

Unstoppable at all times.

The M40a1 sniper was awesome. A silenced P90 wrecked entire teams, and nothing beats an RPD for laying on your face and making people cry.

I was thinking more for search and destroy. That was the only game I played much of, and when I competed in Gamebattles that was the gametype of choice. I totally agree with the m40a1, that sniper is THE most fun to use of any game (imo) that I've played.

The only people who competed with me/my team used m16/mp5 in s&d, 3v3 or otherwise. Every once in a while I would run across a p90. And various snipers. But still.

Edit: Woah. I just slipped into CoDsp3ak. It's been a while

This post has been edited by JLV: 06 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

#483 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

Well sure, if you are talking search then you are going to run Silenced MP5 and deagle backup.

The problem with the MP5 in a larger game like ground war or TD is that its clip was so small you would end up reloading at just the wrong time, which is why something like the P90 was more effective, it takes an extra bullet to kill, but you have 50 rounds instead of 20.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#484 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

The game is downloading as we speak. Ohh sweet anticipation!

Here's giant bombs video review of the thing, 4 stars out of 5, remarking that it's no longer original or inventive but still a hell of a lot of fun. There's a great explosion montage in there.

I would have like to have heard some remarks on the new "Elite system". It really annoys me that it wont be available for us PC users.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 08 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

#485 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

Ahh and so it starts.

I try to run Multiplayer and it crashes with a error message saying that it can't load gamefonts_pc and when I try to load the SP it says it can't load "xp".

And the Steam forums are down for maintenance.

Halleluja!

EDIT: Turns out it is an old problem that also appeared on older versions. It's fixed by verifying the game files via the steam application.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 08 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

#486 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

"The best MW3 review so far"

Posted Image
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#487 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

If i had a nickel for every time i've heard that joke in the past week I would have Eleventy billion dollars...
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#488 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

So, for those of who have gotten your filthy hands on it and have been successful in getting the game to play, how is it? Campaign? Multi-player options any good?(i.e. team death match, capture the flag...etc.). How is the leveling up going? How are the weapon choices? (unlocked as you level up). I guess, overall, what do you rate the game? (must buy, wait to buy, rent, meh.... etc). Also, when online has it been a parade of fourteen year olds (who have already reached level 50 and prestiged) yelling "n00b!" or "pwned!" or <insult your mother / sexual orientation here>?

#489 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

I mute everyone but my friends so i dont know, but i'm sure there are lots of 12 year olds who have fucked my mother on there.

New game types. Kill Confirmed is fun as hell. Thats the only new one i've played. You kill someone, then there is yet another firefight over the dogtags, then a fight over those, then those, then.....

It takes a bit to level your guns up which unlock as you level up and you unlock attachments with kills. To get all the way to unlock everything on them you have to get a shitton of kills. Shotguns are underpowered, but you can unlock range and damage bonuses on them, but you have to get like 400 kills for that so its a bit of a grind so far. Sniper rifles are overpowered. OHK to most of the body on the powerful ones. If you shoot someone in the leg with a Barrett, they're dead.
SMGs are actually more like SMG's and not smaller AR's. The recoil on them is alot worse than previous games and they are actually closer to close quarters like they should be.

So far i'm diggin the hell out of the mulitplayer.

I just started single player. So far so good. If you liked the first 2 Modern campaigns you'll like this one.

I'm sure i've got more i'll share later but i'm tired of typing and my games starting.

#490 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 08 November 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

Sniper rifles are overpowered. OHK to most of the body on the powerful ones. If you shoot someone in the leg with a Barrett, they're dead.
SMGs are actually more like SMG's and not smaller AR's. The recoil on them is alot worse than previous games and they are actually closer to close quarters like they should be.

Eh, so, what you're saying, is that they've fixed sniper rifles to actually be like *real* guns, shotguns are still for some reason potato guns in terms of range and effectiveness (seriously, video games, wtf?) and SMGs are "a lot like the STUPID VIDEO GAME VARIANT OF SMGS" - seeing as, you know, in RL, SMGs do not actually have super-recoil and are these days effective up to 200m (i.e. the length of the longest CoD map ever made) with body armour penetration?

>.>

Huh, sounds like Modern Warfare to me! :)

Definitely a game on my "maybe only ever rent if I'm really bored" list, then. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#491 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

View PostGaystadFlourishHammer, on 08 November 2011 - 09:15 PM, said:

So, for those of who have gotten your filthy hands on it and have been successful in getting the game to play, how is it? Campaign? Multi-player options any good?(i.e. team death match, capture the flag...etc.). How is the leveling up going? How are the weapon choices? (unlocked as you level up). I guess, overall, what do you rate the game? (must buy, wait to buy, rent, meh.... etc). Also, when online has it been a parade of fourteen year olds (who have already reached level 50 and prestiged) yelling "n00b!" or "pwned!" or <insult your mother / sexual orientation here>?

The multiplayer is amazing, certainly the best so far. Kill Confirmed is fun, if nothing super-new.

If you play multiplayer online and have a couple people to play with, then must buy. I have played for 12+ hours so far, and only ran into one person talking shit, and he was mid 20s, and got his arse kicked and left. I'm sure this weekend there will be, but this weekend I will be playing skyrim. I'm up to level 55 out of 80 on the first prestige, and P90 feels like it did in MW1, which is awesome. The Type 95 is a three shot burst awesome gun, it is MW1's m16a4.

The ACR feels delicious, although one of the guys I was playing with actually owns the gun and he is quite mad that there is a large 'Remington' on the side of the model, since remington apparently has nothing to do with the ACR.

Bouncing Betties are fun. Scav does not give you more claymores or noobtubes. The Skorpian is now a machine pistol and secondary weapon instead of a straight SMG, which is awesome.

I don't like that Sleight of Hand and Scav are now on the same tier for perks, but I understand it. The maps are... what you would expect. Much better than anything in WaW or Blops.

And no, with the new 'weapon perks', you can put 'kick' on them to pretty much remove recoil, or for the SMG's put 'range' on there to increase the range.

No face paint, but cool new emblems and titles you have to unlock...

the killstreaks are fun, and interesting, they seem much more fair for what it takes to get them and quite enjoyable at the moment.

I'm not going to play BF3 again for a long long while if I ever do, not because it is a bad game, but MW3's multiplayer just feels 'right'.

#492 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

View PostSilencer, on 08 November 2011 - 09:54 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 08 November 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

Sniper rifles are overpowered. OHK to most of the body on the powerful ones. If you shoot someone in the leg with a Barrett, they're dead.

Eh, so, what you're saying, is that they've fixed sniper rifles to actually be like *real* guns, shotguns are still for some reason potato guns in terms of range and effectiveness (seriously, video games, wtf?) and SMGs are "a lot like the STUPID VIDEO GAME VARIANT OF SMGS" - seeing as, you know, in RL, SMGs do not actually have super-recoil and are these days effective up to 200m (i.e. the length of the longest CoD map ever made) with body armour penetration?

Yes, pretty much.

#493 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

Heh, coolio. MW is definitely one of those games I can rag on about the lack of realism for hours. At least it's fun for mindless, arcade shooting action. XD

Also:

I'm not going to play BF3 again for a long long while if I ever do, not because it is a bad game, but MW3's multiplayer just feels 'right'.

This, except:

View PostObdigore, on 08 November 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

I'm sure this weekend there will be, but this weekend I will be playing skyrim.

^ That's why. :)

Hence why MW3 is in the rent-eventually pile for me. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#494 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

Has anyone noticed that there is a complete lack of good sniper maps in the MP? I've noticed a few buildings here and there that can be used for some sniper action, but there seems to be no big maps with open ranges. Similarly there is no simple and small maps good for running and gunning at full speed like the highrise and bairo in MW2.
I'm a bit frustrated with that but otherwise I like the new modes and the level and perk system.

I just wish there were some proper snipping maps. I might end up buying Battlefield 3 just to get to do some long range snipping.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 10 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

#495 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

View PostAptorius, on 10 November 2011 - 09:25 AM, said:

Has anyone noticed that there is a complete lack of good sniper maps in the MP? I've noticed a few buildings here and there that can be used for some sniper action, but there seems to be no big maps with open ranges. Similarly there is no simple and small maps good for running and gunning at full speed like the highrise and bairo in MW2.
I'm a bit frustrated with that but otherwise I like the new modes and the level and perk system.

I just wish there were some proper snipping maps. I might end up buying Battlefield 3 just to get to do some long range snipping.

The maps are huge, and I got my ass handed to me by a sniper last night. One of them for sure has good sniping spots and i'm sure with others you'll find your perfect sniping location but to me the levels are so big i'm not familiar with them yet. There is no small levels, mostly medium to large maps which I like to be honest.
I found it hard to kill in the first few games but as i've continued it is getting easier, I like the m16a4 but I have just unlocked the type 95 which I will promptly use tonight and see how that goes.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#496 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Ok, there are 3 maps I normally snipe on, the highway bypass map, the burnt out parking lot with the buildings on the outside, and mission (one of the african maps), and there are 2 other maps I will snipe if I feel like it, the one with the downed chopper in the middle and the other african map. It works quite well.

The Type95 is awesome, the ACR is even better, and then the AK47 is meh-ish. The final (I don't remember the name, its like DAR or something) is just ok, it throws a LOT of bullets but it still takes a bit to kill. Good if you want to use an AR on a map like Dome.

Prestiged Already (Took about 23 hours playtime), finally ran into some good people, and it was a lot of fun :p

Some camping, but much less than I expected. The only map I don't really like is Carbon, because it is the map I see the most camping on.

#497 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

I hate sniping. I get waaaayyy too bored.

The best gun for me so far is the pp90m1. Slap on rapid fire with suppressor or suppressor with the range perk and that thing is just NASTY!

#498 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

Just finished the single player campaign and DAMN if it isnt badass. So flippin fun. The beginning of the end assault is sooooo sweet, all it was missing was some Metallica.

The only thing that pissed me off...

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Dont read if you want anything spoiled!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 11 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

#499 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

So far I am enjoying the perks. I like the support package but the special is good as well. The maps are large and I like that and I am enjoying domination. So far that is all, apparently I have played 8 hours so far and I'm on level 42 but tomorrow that will be a lot closer to prestige!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#500 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

I like the support killstreak option since I am terrible at the game. It allows me to at least get a little fun. I mainly enjoy it for the "drop tactical vests" bonus that allows me to supply everyone with armor. That's awesome. Also I take great pleasure in taking down the oppositions helicopters.

I've really gotten bad at this game since I played MW2, not that I was that good back then either. I'm missing a lot of "instinctive reactions" when I play, like auto meleeing as soon as you see a nearby enemy or not reloading every time I've shot 5 bullets.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

16 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users