Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#341 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:42 PM

I guess when you have played as much as we have, you can consider 6-7 hours "a couple of matches." Seriously though, as long as we didn't have someone go 3-15 on our team, we did some serious stomping.
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#342 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

Just so everyone knows, if you care, two of IW's founders got canned by activision on March 1, for 'insubordination'. Although IW was bought out by Activision in 2003, these two guys have 'full control over the Call of Duty Modern Warfare line' as part of the buy-out. Activision has announced that they are going to make a pay-to-play (MMO) activision game, as well as a new 'action-adventure' game made by a different studio. Note: The pay-to-play and action-adventure game MIGHT be the same game, but might not.

These two gentlemen have now lodged a lawsuit in the California courts, saying their termination was unlawful, as it was just an attempt to not pay these two the royalties they earned with over 3,000,000,000$ made from the sale of MW2 units, and it appears that they are claiming Activision, with this termination, is attempting to forcibly take full control of the Modern Warfare line.

Activision has made no comment, other than a filing with the SEC (Which I assume is how they are going to try and not pay the royalties) that these two were terminated for 'Insubordination'.

(Countersuit link which has links to the rest of the story.)

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 04 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#343 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:48 AM

Did the gaming session work out for today? I sadly had to miss it. I went to a class yesterday ready for the midterm and instead the professor said we had to write a paper, due the next night (so midnight, 2 hours ago). I had to spend most of my day researching that, when technically I was already home for spring break. I am just slightly annoyed haha.

Yeah, Obdi. That sucks for West and Zampella. I certainly hope their lawsuit is sucessful, if anyone deserves royalities it is those two and IW.
I still hate all CoD games not made by IW. Basically Treyarch sucks and I don't have great hopes for Sledgehammer (new studio with Dead Space lead designer as head). I saw a rumor the Activision had them working on a new CoD game, which hopefully is not true.

#344 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:41 PM

didnt see antbody on last night. tonight maybe?

#345 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Go Cards!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

View Postdrinksinbars, on 06 March 2010 - 03:41 PM, said:

didnt see antbody on last night. tonight maybe?

I got on last night, but it wasn't till 9 us central which i have no idea what time that is for you dibs but i figure you were gone already. Doubt i'll get on until later tonight either.

#346 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

Haven't been in this thread for awhile due to my hiatus from MW2.

Had to take care of some stuff in life and had no time for games.

But....

I was playing last night while riding my bike trainer thingy. My god that game is awesome to combine with physical excercise. Time bike sprints with sprints in the game. Lean forward onto the handlebars when crouching, Lean backward when standing and shooting.

It makes the game somehow even more fun...I was getting really into it but then my heart almost exploded and I had to stop.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#347 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

Gamer vs Soldier on the combat obstacle course

They built a replica of the firing range from MW2 and they see who is the fastest, a professional soldier on the real course or the gamer on the virtual course.

A bit sad really.

#348 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

Hmm. MW2 is on sale for 240 kroner down from 400 kroner originally. I'm wondering whether I should get in on the fun now or wait another 6 months and hope to get it cheaper...

On one hand I like food... on the other hand it's MW2.

#349 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Go Cards!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

View PostAptorian, on 24 March 2010 - 09:24 PM, said:

Hmm. MW2 is on sale for 240 kroner down from 400 kroner originally. I'm wondering whether I should get in on the fun now or wait another 6 months and hope to get it cheaper...

Eat Ramen noodles and get MW2.

#350 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:55 PM

View PostEddie Dean, on 25 March 2010 - 12:51 PM, said:

YES

Apt, get this game. It seriously rules.

Having a shit ton of fun with it right now. It's MW1, except perfect. *

*well...not perfect perfect, but on the shooter game scale, it's tops.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#351 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

Is CoD world at war any good?

#352 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

View PostCause, on 25 March 2010 - 02:12 PM, said:

not really, no. Not even cheap (its still like 20$ over here), since its just bland. A remake or some classic CoD battles on the russian front and some disjointed and fucky missions in the pacific theater, all of which are just too short, even next to the zip through it SP of MW2. If you can get it for like 5$ though, you'll break even with playtime and money. MP was standard fare too so that could be a plus or minus depending.

#353 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

MW2 is OK. It's a solid single-player campaign. The multiplayer is annoying as hell though. There's absolutely no sensible balancing, which I would be fine with if there were fewer bells and whistles added on that unbalance it.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#354 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

View PostEddie Dean, on 25 March 2010 - 12:51 PM, said:

They raised the price again. Coolshop (the e-shop I found it on) has a policy that the match the price if you can find a product cheaper than their price. I'm guessing some random shop or webpage did a birthday sale or something and Coolshop had to match it for 24 hours or so.

Not its up a hundred kroner, so I'll wait.

View PostCause, on 25 March 2010 - 02:12 PM, said:

I bought it, I did not like the SP at all. I've promised myself that I'd try to complete it, but so far it's way down on my to do list of games.

The MP was better but compared to MW1 it was pants. The weapons are crap, obviously it would be unrealistic to expect the weapons to handle like the ones in MW, but after having played with the future weapons, the WW2 versions are shit.

At least half of the maps were bad in my opinion, many of them are so ridiculously big that if you're not playing against some 30-40 players, you'll spend most of your time skulking along looking for an enemy and then get shot in the back.

#355 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

This weekend you can play MW2 Multiplayer for free via Steam.

I've already downloaded it and I'm testing out the first ranks already. Too bad I have a ton of shit to do during the weekend.

#356 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 25 March 2010 - 08:22 PM, said:

MW2 is OK. It's a solid single-player campaign. The multiplayer is annoying as hell though. There's absolutely no sensible balancing, which I would be fine with if there were fewer bells and whistles added on that unbalance it.

I'm sorry, but what is unbalanced? The only thing is UMP45, and even that is able to be beaten if you are able to get in close.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#357 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

First impression: "Oh my fucking god, did that guy just knife me from across the room?!" I've heard there was some kind of melee perk, but this is crazy, it's like people have buttefly longswords.

(In other news if I ever start a band I'm totally calling it Butterfly Longswords)

#358 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:41 PM

Commando is bullshit (and if you get anywhere near as mad at games as I do, you'll probably yell 100 times every hour as a result), but most everything else is fairly balanced.

I've lost a lot of my interest, however. Just doesn't seem as fun anymore, and the camping and such really bothers me more.

#359 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

Some of the changes between MW1 and 2 are strange.

I don't understand why they limited the Free For All number to 4-8 players. If there's only 6 players on the field and two are camping it becomes a really boring game, especially on the large maps. Why not have a small and big tournament, smaller maps for smaller games, bigger maps for bigger games. I want to play free for all with 12 or 16 or 20 players. I want chaos and destruction.

I also find the matchmaking system weird. Why was I fighting level 60-70 players when I was level 1? Not really the fairest odds. You get a bit peeved when you have a stock mediochre weapon and your opponents have high powered fully automatic riffles with heart beat sensors and other super perks.

EDIT: In other news the best new addition to this game has to be the Riot Shield. My god this thing is fun. I really enjoy running around playing tank in Domination and pummeling people with it. Unfortunately not many of the other players play strategically and use me as a walking shield.

I love it when I annoy some people so much they just give up shooting at me and run the other way. Then I get out my shotgun and blow a hole in their backs :D

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 11 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

#360 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

You don't need to level up too far before you can start having fun. The first gun (the M4) is as good as any of the others really...and the reddot is unlocked for any gun after 25 kills.

SCAR and TAR guns are both really good and get unlocked early-on. UMP45 is a sweet SMG that's well worth going through the challenges for.

Game really doesn't get interesting until you unlock the stealth perks, which allows you to run around undetected by the helicopters.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the PC version though...lots of the common plagues of MP shooters...like bunnyhoppers and rampant noobtubing. PS3 version at least plays a lot differently than the PC version. No bunny hopping for sure, and the games tend to revolve around obtaining and maintaining good high-ground areas. Maybe the controls layout or the inherent inferiority of a controller to a mouse-keyboard combo help in keeping the game more "playable" and less taken advantage-of. My PC user friends complain a lot but almost all the things they talk about don't seem to exist on PS3 network.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic