Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#281 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:37 PM

Got Sixty into a game last night. The man is quiet, and even though he had a 2bar (yellow) connection, he was snipin fools left and right.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#282 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

I think you guys might be a bit too good for me, haha. I don't think I ever got much over a 1:1 kdr during those couple games.

Was anyone else from Malazan in those games?

#283 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

View PostSixty, on 10 December 2009 - 08:04 PM, said:

I think you guys might be a bit too good for me, haha. I don't think I ever got much over a 1:1 kdr during those couple games.

Was anyone else from Malazan in those games?

I don't know about a couple nights ago, but last night me and SB where rolling with you guys. I didn't even realize that was you sixty until today.
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#284 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

Oh haha. Yeah, I'm Birreh. SB was Bridgeburner63...what was your gt?

#285 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Go Cards!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

View PostSixty, on 12 December 2009 - 09:25 PM, said:

Oh haha. Yeah, I'm Birreh. SB was Bridgeburner63...what was your gt?

dhoop17. I sent you a invite the other day.

#286 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

Hoo-ah, we went on a spree last night.

The whole 'if you don't like, get out of my trailer' thing was quite entertaining.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#287 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

For the record, I do not have this game and my gamertag is LuxuryYacht215. Even though I won't be able to join you guys on this game, add me if you like, we'll be playing the same game at some point in our lives I'm sure.
Error: Signature not valid

#288 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:59 AM

View PostObdigore, on 15 December 2009 - 07:04 PM, said:

The whole 'if you don't like, get out of my trailer' thing was quite entertaining.

Cougarbait might have had a few beers about then.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#289 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Go Cards!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:40 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 16 December 2009 - 12:59 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 15 December 2009 - 07:04 PM, said:

Cougarbait might have had a few beers about then.

Actually it was wiskey and it makes him grumpy.

Edit: Also, Obdi, Cougarbait wanted to know what the benifit of doing the prestige thing is. Everyone you ask seems to not know or think they know. Thanks.

This post has been edited by Eddie Dean: 16 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

#290 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

My friend who prestiged the other day says you get another slot for custom classes.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#291 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

every 'odd' prestige (1,3,5,7,9) you get another custom class slot, for a total of 10.

You get a new challenge 'category' (like killstreak or humiliation) called 'prestige' which dosen't reset as you prestige. You get access to new titles and emblems you can only get by prestiging.

Infinity Ward promised that getting to P10 70 would 'change the way you play the game' but I don't personally know anyone who has gotten there, so cannot comment on if you get anything.

#292 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Go Cards!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:45 PM

Thanks guys.

#293 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:46 PM

gah, I'm never even going to make it to prestige. I'm at lvl 59 for my online profile and I have level 60 playing with my friends offline.
I need to spend less time with them hah and I could be nearly at prestige 2.

#294 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:15 AM

Just played modern warfare 2. Game is amazing. The Graphics! I need to buy a HD TV for this game alone. But the Gamplay! The AI is smart, the levels clever and pumping. Its a game where grenades and flash bangs and such are not just fun to use they can be absolutley necessary.

Best moment so far was when I was standing next to a door. Suddenly it opens for a second a man pops out drops a grende at my feet and closes the door again. I died but it was worth it too see something so clever.

#295 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:00 AM

View PostCause, on 17 December 2009 - 03:15 AM, said:

Just played modern warfare 2. Game is amazing. The Graphics! I need to buy a HD TV for this game alone. But the Gamplay! The AI is smart, the levels clever and pumping. Its a game where grenades and flash bangs and such are not just fun to use they can be absolutley necessary.

Best moment so far was when I was standing next to a door. Suddenly it opens for a second a man pops out drops a grende at my feet and closes the door again. I died but it was worth it too see something so clever.

Now, I enjoyed MW2, but I certainly did not find some of these things.

The AI has some tricks up its sleeve - firing from cracked-open doors, for example. However the general AI behaviour is very standard and often stupid, to the point of running around in front of you without seeming to notice you. Not as in glitch-level, but as in the AI is moving from A to B and there is no interrupt for your presence. Or the fact that you've been firing at them from one spot but they don't use suppressing fire while moving - they just switch off to your presence for a bit.

The levels are fairly linear, bar one or two attempts at giving you alternate paths, and the respawning enemies (they said they got rid of that, dammit! I am so disappointed...) mean that if you get bogged down in one spot, you can have Soap shouting at you to "get here quickly" or whatever, but with no apparent consequences. That ruins the immersion of the otherwise well thought-out and action-packed ride, because you clearly shouldn't be stopped where you are. They didn't allow for a slower pace of play, especially when you're playing on Veteran.

Grenades in singleplayer? Never ran out. Always afraid of wasting them, and use the 'frags' (which are actually still more like HE 'nades), to take out people in hard to reach places, but basically never use flashbangs unless I needed a quick break, and this meant that I didn't make use of them...which meant I found out that you didn't need them at all. :crybaby:

The graphics weren't that improved over Modern Warfare, at least not on Xbox. PC would obviously benefit more just based off the fact that they are more powerful, and can scale up.

Overall, I noticed more moments of AI stupidity than AI cleverness...but maybe I'm just jaded.

*disclaimer. Yes, just like Oblivion, I still enjoyed this game. I just tend to hate on it more than I praise it. <_<

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#296 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

well, I wouldn't mind if the AI had some actually realistic spotting. It's silly that they have no problem seeing and recognizing you if even an inch's worth of you is visible through a crack in a wall 50 meters away, or in dense foliage. I love the "sneak around and take them out one at a time" approach, or even maybe sneaking around an ongoing battlefield - but the AI enemies always know where you are, unless scripted otherwise... that bugs me.

as for graphics, I must say that MW 1 and 2 have some of the best I've ever seen. The enviroments look so real it's baffling, even at the low resultion and details I played on. Water effects, textures, meshes, bump mapping, lighting, it's all done so perfectly it's jaw-dropping, considering the rather low use of hardware (comparably). I think that's why the game sits on what, 11 gigabytes of data? so real... I can only imagine what the nVidia 3d system could do with that game.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#297 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

Just got my first nuke today, sniping in derail. :p

#298 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

Started playing again, friends have gotten into S&D to level up fast, let me give you a hint:

1) Riot Shield. People in S&D have no idea how to counter it. I do better with a riot shield on every map (except wasteland) than most people on my team, or the other team. It is amazing for planting the bomb then defending it.

2) One Man Army, Danger Close, Nube Tube. Yes, it works. Yes, it is dick.

3) Lots of people used the modbox glitch to get to p10 70. They are terrible. Amazingly horrible.

4) AA-12 with grip is the most amazing shotgun in the game. Auto-pistols are nice as well.

5) Throwing Knife is an amazing 'equipment' if you get good with it. Silent and 1-shotkill, very nive for taking out shielders.

Hints for killing shielders, also known as things that beat me:
Run at me, then jump and throwing knife down. very hard to defend against with a shield, as you expect them to go to one side to try and knife you.
Flash/Stun, then knife.
DO NOT USE EXPLOSIVES. THEY DO NOT HURT ME. I will take an RPG with danger close directly onto my shield, and live. I will get my shield stuck with a semtex, charge your ass and blow you up with your own grenade.
if you have a sniper rifle, just back away quickly, you will not snipe me. nor will your backup weapon.
The best way to kill a shielder is to come up behind them unaware, or use a striker, expend most of your ammo to make my sight obstructed, then circle around to one side and use the rest of your ammo on an exposed surface. The riot shielders left side, because of how the shield is held, the ass sticks out a little bit, much easer to hit them that way.
turning and running is foolish. I will either chase you down or switch to a pistol and put 2 in your head.

If I there is a guy or two on my team behind me, just run, you will not win.

Riot Shields are amazing for respawn games like S&D, where you generally will not be swarmed. It is a very under utilized tactic. Use a Blast Shield/Claymore/Throwing Knife with your equipment and a backup akimbo glock or raffica and you are a tank, you don't need no stinking vehicles to roll over your enemies.

#299 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

Luckily most riot shielders i've come across arent that smart. I played a game the other day with a guy using one, he'd see me and start charging. Plant claymore, the dumbcrack walked into it 3 times. Or if you have Danger Close if you shoot to the side and slightly behind it'll do them in.

I'm gonna have to try out the riot shield tonight, thanks Obdi.

Finally starting to get good at this friggin game. Bout damn time.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#300 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

I flip my blast shield on and wander into claymores all the time, they tickle.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users