Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#241 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

View PostAleksandrov, on 26 November 2009 - 09:24 AM, said:

ACOG/Sniper seems to have a lot less sway it's true, or that your TV is too small, Silencer. But in CoD4 you needed to hold breath of you can't pull of any shots, let alone headshots like you can on console. I've never played original on console so I don't know if it's a change but it feels really weird. Oh yeah, no lean.
ACOG/Sniper scope in takes a bit longer time and cover less screen size too now I realise.
Enemies in Spec Ops with Veteran are a bit tougher but nothing we couldn't handle. Akimbo'ing wasn't that great... I admit that on console I'm generally a weaker player so my aim is dreadful.
Weapon variety seems a lot more diverse than the first round, haven't had too much time to try it out. Only did Spec Ops with Silencer to see roughly half the available weapons.

Price already dropped from $118 to $98-ish... Waiting for that miraculous and hopefully inevitable 20$ Xmas drop for me to snag it at around $80. Until then, will have to suffice playing with friends rather than online on the consoles. When I do we should get together for some Malazan/Modcraft steam group gaming going on, if there isn't already one or if any one owns it on PC.

MW2 or 1? Because mw2 multiplayer is more or less shit on the pc from what I hear, what with no dedicated servers and all.

And what do you need to pay $98 for?

#242 User is offline   Aleksandrov 

• Cold War Warrior
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:29 AM

I have the first one also, so if you want to play on the first one you can hit me up also.

Be prepared of the timezone differences though.

From what I've heard from a couple of sources, most of the bad things predicted for the PC version and IW.net came true.
There isn't the outrageous amounts of lag, but usually it takes you a couple of tries to get a good hoster you're bouncing off of.
Oh yeah, cheating is rampant. Need Punkbuster at the very minimum.

Reason I'm getting MW2 is basically I need a good online FPS to tide me over this Christmas, and I can't wait to buy BioShock 2 since I'll be too busy next year to play any games at all.

Oh yeah there's a mod in the works making dedicated servers available, I'm following the progress on that at this stage with great interest.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.
Decimation, Propagation, Assimilation, Unification

#243 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

Bioshock 2 probably won't be a good multiplayer FPS either, :D

@Sixty, like me, Aleks has that slight problem of being in New Zealand. So our currency means we pay $98NZ...roughly that translates into 50USD, but ofc for some reason we get it marked up way higher than it should be - if the game is 50USD it should be 75NZD or there abouts...but no, we get charged more. And it's not for shipping either.
Go a few pages back and you'll see us ranting about it. XD

As it is, the game retails for $120 under normal circumstances, i.e. EB Games. D:

I'm on the last mission of Act III as of tonight. Will finish tomorrow. Just over 5.5 hours logged now...and I'm a conservative, tactical player. _-_

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#244 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:46 AM

Finished earlier today. Just before I had to take it back. XD

6.5 hours all up, and I must give credit where credit is due, the last three missions or so, from 'Loose Ends', were pretty good. Still, not a campaign I'd be replaying very often, even if I hadn't already done it at Veteran. :S

Ah well, back to the ACII now. ^^

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#245 User is offline   Aleksandrov 

• Cold War Warrior

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:42 AM

It's definitely more of a LAN game than a solo game.

When was the last time I played a Call of Duty game for it's SP?
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.
Decimation, Propagation, Assimilation, Unification

#246 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:53 AM

About when CoD4 came out, considering you played through the campaign before you played online. :D

Shinrei said:

#247 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

I always start the SP first. Though I played the first 4 missions on this and then switched over to MP for a while.
Depends on who is online to play with.

Finished my 100% on Spec Ops- the Echo missions are difficult but most have a trick to get through them easily.
Working on 100% for SP- I need 5 more intel items to get it.
Also still playing multi often, I love thermal scope on anything. Though my time with the game has been lessened due to Dragon Age.

#248 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image
Their comments about it are so true, http://www.penny-arc...com/2009/11/30/

I loved it because this is the class I use offline against my friends in the dorm. I have used a nuke with this class and rarely die.
They just get pissed. Now everyone who reads PA knows the trick though hah.

#249 User is offline   lokiman 

• ...Is afraid

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

From this comic I geuss i'm a rapist.
Remember, God lets good looking people into Heaven. That said, you're one ugly Bastard.

#250 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

What the akimbo 1887's trick or the supply crate trick?

(Akimbo 1887's isn't a trick, it is just amazingly long ranged for a shotgun compared to the other weapons.)

The supply crate trick:
Make class with Marathon, Lightweight, Commando. Have a supply crate (4 killstreak) as one of your killstreaks, when you get the supply crate, do (xbox) d right to pull out the supple crate grenade. You now run about double the speed as when you had marathon on. You can knife with the supply create grenade out. Have fun.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#251 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

just finished it. as brilliant as the first one, with overabundance of the Rule of Cool... bloody awesome really :p only I have that feeling it was even shorter... ah well. good stuff.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#252 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:12 AM

@Gothos, it was shorter. By...quite a bit. But the last three levels were truly epic, yes? ^^

Shinrei said:

#253 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:57 AM

haha yeah they were! though I have to ask... does collecting those "enemy intel" things make you unlock some sort of level? I think I've got the feeling that something mid-late game was missing...

also, That One Level... defending the safehouse in the Caucasus, it's crazy
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#254 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:06 AM

Collecting all of them is an achievement for xbox 360 (maybe a trophy for PS3 too?)

Beyond that, I don't think so. In CoD4 collecting them gave some cheats (like infinite ammo/ black and white mode).
If anything happens, I'll let you know though. I'm currently at 37/45 and getting the last ones tomorrow.

#255 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:28 AM

ah well screw them then if it's just an ach... no time to go looking for stuff in this game. RATAT TAT TA TATA TA >WHOOP< TA RATA TATATA

#256 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:33 AM

Just got MW2 for the 360, though I suck at console (dropping from 2:1 kdr -> 1:2 is not fun haha). Gamertag is Birreh.

#257 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:09 PM

will add you to my list for some mutual suckage :)

#258 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:13 PM

View Postdrinksinbars, on 07 December 2009 - 12:09 PM, said:

will add you to my list for some mutual suckage :)

that probably sounds more gay than you intended

#259 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

not really, i was watching a carryon movie yesterday and have been talking in double entendres all day :)

#260 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

So finally started playing this. First one of these kind of games i've played and the suckiness was all over the place. Finally started to not suck quite so badly last night.

Suck.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

38 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users