• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Magic Wielder who would win in a clash of sorcery?!! Rate Topic: -----

#141 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

But that's not really Brood then, that is the destructive potential of Burn.

You might as well call the Circle the strongest mages because they pulled down a god that annihilated a continent and is consuming the world with poison.

#142 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:23 AM

Yeah but they are an unknown, do we actually know who pulled him down?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#143 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

Just that they were all High Mages and that they were idiots enough to think their plan would work. Or probably just desperate.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#144 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

so who would be the best magic wielder no holes barred? who is the meanest, toughest, strongest most powerfullest Magi? Top 10 :veryangry:

#145 User is offline   random marine doomed to die 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:well .. reading

Disk Golf also
  • CHARGERS

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

A little drunk have not read the thread, but has got to be Quick Ben.

spoiler up through RotCG
Spoiler

just to be careful, like I said a bit drunk

#146 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

so you think QB is stronger magically, better magically than Kruppe, Baruk, Rake, Tayschrenn, etc etc etc, I am not disagreeing, just asking

#147 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

Honestly I think QB is stronger than Kruppe magically. Kruppe is subtle and clever but I doubt he could summon great waves of magic and obliterate armies.

Baruk we know next to nothing on his prowess. he was supposed to be the strongest mage in Darujhistan but Vorcan wiped the floor with him.

Rake I think it's not fair to include. I mean we know that people like Rake, Gothos, Osric, Raest, Mael, Hood etc are no match for most (if not any) mortal mages.

Tayschrenn, I don't know. I think pre TBH/RG QB wouldn't have chance against him, but now they are more or less even.

This post has been edited by Bauchelain the Evil: 08 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#148 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:04 AM

I am a Quick Ben Fan boy :veryangry: I think he is awesome, Ossim, just Awesome not buts :rolleyes:

#149 User is offline   random marine doomed to die 

• Corporal

Disk Golf also
  • CHARGERS

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

Three names you chose are not in the same league if you ask me.
Just to be careful the whole New Content never tells me what forum I am in.
Spoiler

yes Tay I I really had to think about

just saw the forum name, well safe or sorry? so I say safe

This post has been edited by random marine doomed to die: 08 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

#150 User is offline   random marine doomed to die 

• Corporal

Disk Golf also
  • CHARGERS

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

oh you talking to The Evil, well I agree with the post so maybe random is evil.

#151 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

you are quite drunk Marine, impressive :veryangry: it is lunch time here almost, 11:21am

#152 User is offline   random marine doomed to die 

• Corporal

Disk Golf also
  • CHARGERS

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

yeah missed a word in the earlier post Kruppe PLAY the same game

I did do the double 'I' on purpose

Well here in California...

#153 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:30 AM

is 3:30 am, by god man, go to bed :veryangry:

#154 User is offline   irrelevant 

• Recruit

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:32 AM

I think the problem with this discussion is that depending on the author the power level of the characters seems to fluctuate. IE seemed to undervalue cowels power and pretty much the whole CG's power level seemed down from when SE was writing about them. While Dassem's and Tay's seemed to be up from when SE was writing about it. Maybe that's just my perception but I think that makes it hard to judge conclusively how characters stack up against each other.

#155 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

Not gonna get into a who's better thing here, but if i could have a half-dozen mages in a cadre, i would go Beak, Bottle, Tayschrenn, Quick Ben, Vorcan, and Cowl. Vorcan and Cowl could cover the basic Claw/Talon/Veil duties of taking out your leadership behind the scenes, Beak could be my nose for the opposition's mages, Bottle could be my spy, and QB and Tays for some good ol' general wholesale destruction. Then again, they might all be needed to take on a fully powered-up Ceda! Hehe! Sigh.....and i told myself i wouldn't go there........

#156 User is offline   bilbo_elffriend 

• Recruit

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:39 PM

I dont get the whole point of including Tay in the league of uber powerful mages.

The only place I remember seeing Tay kicking ass is during the Siege of Pale, when Tay and an ENTIRE cadre of High mages were assaulting Moon's Spawm, which was being defended by Rake alone. So Rake had to counter all the mages and try not to kill innocents below.

This doesn't tell me anything about Tay being an uber-mage. It only tells me that Rake deserves all the admiration I have for him.

But QB, he is another story. Stood up against Icarium (yes, he did get pwned in the end, but still, did manage to push him back for some time)
Post Icarium, he took down THREE ascendants. 3 freaking dragons. All without breaking much of a sweat. Post this, he teleports to Letheras and kicks some ass there too.

How is there even a comparison? From the available data, it seems like QB is way beyond Tay.

#157 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:57 PM

View Postbilbo_elffriend, on 22 November 2010 - 11:39 PM, said:

I dont get the whole point of including Tay in the league of uber powerful mages.

The only place I remember seeing Tay kicking ass is during the Siege of Pale, when Tay and an ENTIRE cadre of High mages were assaulting Moon's Spawm, which was being defended by Rake alone. So Rake had to counter all the mages and try not to kill innocents below.

This doesn't tell me anything about Tay being an uber-mage. It only tells me that Rake deserves all the admiration I have for him.

But QB, he is another story. Stood up against Icarium (yes, he did get pwned in the end, but still, did manage to push him back for some time)
Post Icarium, he took down THREE ascendants. 3 freaking dragons. All without breaking much of a sweat. Post this, he teleports to Letheras and kicks some ass there too.

How is there even a comparison? From the available data, it seems like QB is way beyond Tay.

I'm usually not one to really argue anything here, as i try to keep my fanboyism to a minimum (and really outside of Fiddler, everyone is fair game in my eyes.....please let him survive it all.....hehe!), but your comment about the whole cadre taking on Rake alone is a little bit off, in my view. While i'm sure some of them were lending a hand, the enfilade at Pale was a chaotic mess at best. Tays was keeping up with Anomander while also directing fire at his own mages, who were also directing fire at him and other mages if i have the right of it. So, overall, one big freaking mess! Also, he's the Imperial High Mage. That has to count for something, eh?

This post has been edited by The Seguleh 46th: 22 November 2010 - 11:58 PM

#158 User is offline   Kallyfudge 

• Corporal

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

Kruppe, by far, he would take out the next top 10 easy!

#159 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:46 AM

View Postbilbo_elffriend, on 22 November 2010 - 11:39 PM, said:

We've seen Tayschrenn do a lot more of that actually. In MoI he kills half the mages of Coral in a fiery blaze, even though he had just been blindsided by Kallor, AND dealing with the warren infestation.

Also, I don't know if you've read RotCG, I won't spoil any specific details, but whenever the Crimson Guardsmen talk about Tayschrenn they shit themselves. At times they honestly make him seem more potent than Kellanved. (that comment wasn't supposed to set off a tangent, just to illustrate that Tays is badass and has show it during the books)
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#160 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

My pick for top mage would actually be Ceda Kuru Qan. IMO his understanding of the Holds was unequalled. IT's possible that a full unveiling of Kurald Galain by the gathered forces of all the Tiste Andii, marshalled by Rake, could rival it, but other than that, I've not seen a working on that scale in the books so far. The only thing rivalling it off-screen could be the Matron ritual that called down the CG, or the Ritual of Tellann.
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users