• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Magic Wielder who would win in a clash of sorcery?!! Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

View PostStradivarius, on Mar 2 2009, 09:26 PM, said:

Very cool! but a v good cut out for him!

What? That post makes no sense.

I don't normally comment on folks posting, since my own grammar and spelling is attrocious, but please elaborate when you post something and cut out the text message abbreviations.

Gods, I sound like Cougar :p

#102 User is offline   Stradivarius 

• Marine
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

View PostL'oric, on Mar 2 2009, 08:21 PM, said:

View PostStradivarius, on Mar 2 2009, 02:16 PM, said:

Has anyone else concidered Beak as one of the most powerful magic users? yes i said powerful not skilled

Its been gone over pretty thoroughly on the Toll the Hounds thread of almost the same name.

http://www.malazanempire.com/IPBforum/inde...showtopic=13199

Title from what we know the most powerful mage.

I like Beak. Now that he is dead I wish he was still around. The Savant of Magic users.

beak was very cool! but a good way to die. well written out!

many apologies aptorian!
Whole bag of orios! crappin all over the carpet! twelve ribs my ass!!!

#103 User is offline   AlanH 

• Lieutenant

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

I've just started re-reading the series, and am about 350 pages into GoTM. And by the way, when I read it the first time, it was rather confusing. However, reading it properly for the second time it makes perfect sense. If you've not re-read the series properly, ie not just skim reading as I have been prone to do when re-reading, then do it. I think it makes a lot more sense, and there are loads of wee details you forget.

Anyway, back to the list. The few I'm going to list are non-ascended (Although is Quick Ben ascended? He is a BB after all, and they're now ascendants aren't they? Not sure, but he's on the damn list.), and I'm going to include some dead people so make of this what you will.

1 - Quick Ben (Not the most powerful, but Tattersail comments that he can control warrens better than anyone else she has ever seen. He also has seven warrens. I can't think of anyone else with so many.)
2 - Tattersail (In GoTM Tayschrenn is surprised/frightened of her power, especially when she mentions her High Thyr (Sorry if spelling is wrong) wards.)
3 - Bottle (I think he is underrated.)
4 - Tayschrenn (He can defend himself against AR when he takes on Moon's Spawn.)
5 - Anomander Rake
6 - Hairlock
7 - Baruk
8 - Calot (I think he could have survived AR if he had wanted to.)
9 - Sinn/Beak (Sort of unknown.)
10 - Kulp.
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves." - Ludwig Wittgenstein

#104 User is offline   Stradivarius 

• Marine

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

View PostAlanH, on Mar 2 2009, 11:47 PM, said:

et.

Anyway, back to the list. The few I'm going to list are non-ascended (Although is Quick Ben ascended? He is a BB after all, and they're now ascendants aren't they? Not sure, but he's on the damn list.), and I'm going to include some dead people so make of this what you will.

quick ben won't be ascended through the bridgeburners link cause that doesnt happen till after they die

#105 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

View PostAlanH, on Mar 2 2009, 05:47 PM, said:

1 - Quick Ben (Not the most powerful, but Tattersail comments that he can control warrens better than anyone else she has ever seen. He also has seven warrens. I can't think of anyone else with so many.)

Actually, its in the neighbourhood of twelve, but he can only access seven at a time
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#106 User is offline   AlanH 

• Lieutenant

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

View PostStradivarius, on Mar 2 2009, 11:51 PM, said:

et.

quick ben won't be ascended through the bridgeburners link cause that doesnt happen till after they die

Thanks - I thought about that, but I wasn't sure. After all, are Stormy and Gesler not ascendents, and they are alive? Or is it just BB that need to die. Damn my head is getting sore. I'm sure someone will put me out of my misery.
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves." - Ludwig Wittgenstein

#107 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

View PostAlanH, on Mar 2 2009, 06:47 PM, said:

I've just started re-reading the series, and am about 350 pages into GoTM. And by the way, when I read it the first time, it was rather confusing. However, reading it properly for the second time it makes perfect sense. If you've not re-read the series properly, ie not just skim reading as I have been prone to do when re-reading, then do it. I think it makes a lot more sense, and there are loads of wee details you forget.

2 - Tattersail (In GoTM Tayschrenn is surprised/frightened of her power, especially when she mentions her High Thyr (Sorry if spelling is wrong) wards.)
4 - Tayschrenn (He can defend himself against AR when he takes on Moon's Spawn.)
5 - Anomander Rake
6 - Hairlock
7 - Baruk
10 - Kulp.

Wut?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#108 User is offline   AlanH 

• Lieutenant

View PostSinisdar Toste, on Mar 2 2009, 11:52 PM, said:

View PostAlanH, on Mar 2 2009, 05:47 PM, said:

Actually, its in the neighbourhood of twelve, but he can only access seven at a time

Good point - I'd forgotten about that.

#109 User is offline   AlanH 

• Lieutenant

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Mar 2 2009, 11:54 PM, said:

View PostAlanH, on Mar 2 2009, 06:47 PM, said:

5 - <no mistake made here>
6 - Hairlock
7 - Baruk
10 - Kulp.

Wut?

Shhh. Don't tell anyone - he is just pretending to be ascended...

#110 User is offline   Stradivarius 

• Marine

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

View PostAlanH, on Mar 2 2009, 11:54 PM, said:

et.

Thanks - I thought about that, but I wasn't sure. After all, are Stormy and Gesler not ascendents, and they are alive? Or is it just BB that need to die. Damn my head is getting sore. I'm sure someone will put me out of my misery.

cant remember the excect line but someone (possibly quick ben) said the both of them were ascended or pretty damn well near

#111 User is offline   AlanH 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:00 AM

View PostStradivarius, on Mar 2 2009, 11:59 PM, said:

View PostAlanH, on Mar 2 2009, 11:54 PM, said:

et.

cant remember the excect line but someone (possibly quick ben) said the both of them were ascended or pretty damn well near

Possibly Fiddler in RG?

#112 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:01 AM

Nah, it's in Deadhouse Gates when Gesler punches Coltaine. Coltaine has nearly ascended and Gesler's punch rocks him.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 03 March 2009 - 12:02 AM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#113 User is offline   Stradivarius 

• Marine

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Mar 3 2009, 12:01 AM, said:

Nah, it's in Deadhouse Gates when Gesler punches Coltaine. Coltaine has nearly ascended and Gesler's punch rocks him.

pretty sure coltrain cant ascend only be reborn? and its some where round there.

#114 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

nil and nether get all shocked by geslers blood when coltain lays him out, cuz he's nearly ascended. and then they realize that coltaine laid out a man two steps away from ascendancy, revealing his own badassitude

This post has been edited by Sinisdar Toste: 03 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#115 User is offline   AlanH 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:11 AM

Oh yeah, I remember now. I would say that Gesler has ascended. The thing in TtH with the leopard or something gave me that impression.

#116 User is offline   Dragnipurake 

• Captain

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:05 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Mar 2 2009, 06:01 PM, said:

Coltaine punches Gesler; the latter is almost ascended, yet Coltaine breaks his nose. so Coltaine must be something too, concludes the character (?Duiker) from whose POV we see this scene.

#117 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:14 AM

View PostStradivarius, on Mar 2 2009, 07:04 PM, said:

pretty sure coltrain cant ascend only be reborn? and its some where round there.

View PostSinisdar Toste, on Mar 2 2009, 07:07 PM, said:

nil and nether get all shocked by geslers blood when coltain lays him out, cuz he's nearly ascended. and then they realize that coltaine laid out a man two steps away from ascendancy, revealing his own badassitude

View PostAlanH, on Mar 2 2009, 07:11 PM, said:

Oh yeah, I remember now. I would say that Gesler has ascended. The thing in TtH with the leopard or something gave me that impression.

View PostDragnipurake, on Mar 3 2009, 12:05 AM, said:

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Mar 2 2009, 06:01 PM, said:

Coltaine punches Gesler; the latter is almost ascended, yet Coltaine breaks his nose. so Coltaine must be something too, concludes the character (?Duiker) from whose POV we see this scene.

In this mishmash we can determine that both Gesler and Coltaine have nearly ascended. And, the only viewpoint in the Chain of Dogs is Duiker's, so it had to have been his.

#118 User is offline   BeLeG 

• Captain

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

Ceda Kuru Qan

Greatest Ceda since the First Empire...

#119 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:03 PM

Because you can be sure that the Letherii have such a great understanding and complete knowledge of the last 70.000 years of the ir empires history, right? :p

#120 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

It wasn't a Letherii who said that, it was the Errant. He must know.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users