• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Magic Wielder who would win in a clash of sorcery?!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Seras 

• Wicked Sick
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:MBotF, Anime, Hockey, Strawberry Icecream, Parkour, Piano, Gaming, Music

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

i saw the one for best swordsman, and thought it'd be interesting to start one for mages.
for me its goes as follows
1. Quick Ben
2. Cowl
3. Topper
4. Tayschrenn
5. Dancer?? (it said in RotCG that Cowl and Dancer once fought...i think he counts)
Lives and loves, the gamut of existence was marked by such things. A breaking of paths, the ragged, uneven ever-forward stumble. Blood dried, eventually. Turned to dust. The corpses of kings were laid down and sealed in darkness and set away, to be forgotten. Graves were dug for fallen soldiers, vast pits like mouths in the earth, opened in hunger, and all the bodies were tumbled down, each exhaling a last gasp of lime dust. Survivors grieved, for a time, and looked upon empty rooms and empty beds, the scattering of possessions no-one possessed any longer, and wondered what was to come, what would be written anew on the wiped-clean slate. Wondering, how can I go on?

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

Rake pre TtH.

Now? Silverfox. Random, I know. Can't really answer this as you have assassin's included with battlefield mages and what-not. I guess whoever got the drop on the other would win, unless it's Tay because he's a bad mamma-jamma.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 22 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   Seras 

• Wicked Sick
  • View gallery
  • Interests:MBotF, Anime, Hockey, Strawberry Icecream, Parkour, Piano, Gaming, Music

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Feb 22 2009, 01:21 PM, said:

Rake pre TtH.

Now? Silverfox. Random, I know. Can't really answer this as you have assassin's included with battlefield mages and what-not. I guess whoever got the drop on the other would win, unless it's Tay because he's a bad mamma-jamma.

i should changed it to best magic-users :p
Lives and loves, the gamut of existence was marked by such things. A breaking of paths, the ragged, uneven ever-forward stumble. Blood dried, eventually. Turned to dust. The corpses of kings were laid down and sealed in darkness and set away, to be forgotten. Graves were dug for fallen soldiers, vast pits like mouths in the earth, opened in hunger, and all the bodies were tumbled down, each exhaling a last gasp of lime dust. Survivors grieved, for a time, and looked upon empty rooms and empty beds, the scattering of possessions no-one possessed any longer, and wondered what was to come, what would be written anew on the wiped-clean slate. Wondering, how can I go on?

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

Oh noes.

Before making such a thread, I suggest going back through older forums and checking out similar threads.

When you say mage, it's important to understand what exactly you mean and who is allowed or not allowed to be included on the list.

By mage do you mean all magic users? Including ascendants? Gods? Elder Creatures? because if they are included you can strike that little list and start adding the big boys and girls. Like KCCM Matrons, Elder Gods, Jaghut Tyrants, etc.

EDIT: Also, Dancer and Cowl fought as assassins. Not a test of magical strength.

EDIT2: I'll change the tittle for you.

#5 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

non-ascended characters
1. Quick Ben
2. Tay
3. Kuru Quan

#6 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

I think tay is stronger than QB to be honest.

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#7 User is offline   Benji 

• Fist

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

Tay has more power, yes. QB is probably more intelligent and crafty though. In a battle between the two, I would think that QB would win. But then again, why would they fight?

Tay is the most powerful non-ascendant.

#8 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

Stronger, I agree. Better, I am not so sure. (Quick Ben seems to always find a way to get out of most situations on top)

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

Elemental beings like Mother Dark and Father Light
KCCM Matrons: no examples just legend
Jaghut Tyrants: Raest, Jhenna and Gothos
Elder Gods: Mael, K'rull, Nightchill, Draconus, Osserc, Killy basically the old and strong ones that didn't seem to ascend but was born awesome.
Ascendant Magic: Rake, Envy, Spite, ST, Hood, etc.
Near God like, if not ascendant level strength, mortal mages: Tay, Quick Ben, Agyala, Obo, Pust, Ceda Kuru Quan, Warlock King, The Tano Spiritwalker from DG.

#10 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

Yes, but then you have to consider that Rake has the power of EGs/Tyrants as does Hood and...

Much simpler to say best mortal mage. Or, best mage from a mortal race.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#11 User is offline   Seras 

• Wicked Sick
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:55 AM

View PostAptorian, on Feb 22 2009, 01:37 PM, said:

Oh noes.

Before making such a thread, I suggest going back through older forums and checking out similar threads.

When you say mage, it's important to understand what exactly you mean and who is allowed or not allowed to be included on the list.

By mage do you mean all magic users? Including ascendants? Gods? Elder Creatures? because if they are included you can strike that little list and start adding the big boys and girls. Like KCCM Matrons, Elder Gods, Jaghut Tyrants, etc.

EDIT: Also, Dancer and Cowl fought as assassins. Not a test of magical strength.

EDIT2: I'll change the tittle for you.

i feel i screwed up badly T_T, sorry

#12 User is offline   TeddyGraham 

• Corporal

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

I suppose bottle couldnt be included could he? He showed a different kind of power.

I'd say quick ben, because he is crafty, and tayschrenn, how that Yath fellow from rotcg showed considerable power as well, wasnt it said he had the power of 20 mages? And he held off the high mage.....

Silverfox would be up there as well, having nightchill, belurdan, and tattersail within her, plus she is a flesh and blood bonecaster.
sometimes I wonder if the gift of revelation, of discovering the means underlying humanity, offers nothing more then the devastating sense of futility, it is the ignorant who find cause and cling to it, for within that lies the illusion of significance-steven erikson.

#13 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

• Baconator of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

QUICKBEN FTW!!! i think he is the baddest mage in the series
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

The Man, The Myth, The Manning

#14 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

Tayschrenn for me.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#15 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:38 AM

In an Epic Mage duel I could not pick between Tay and QB, but can either of these two stand up to Envy and Spite?

I must admit as far as raw power goes that Silverfox may indeed be the strongest but we do not know that for sure since we have yet to see her really do anything at all.

Kilava I will never forget to mention, but we do not know what she can do other than Tellann. Clearly Osseric is incredibly strong but RotCG shows that no one is completely immune to an all out assault from multiple sources. There is a reason Osseric is still around however and thats probably because he always comes up with a way to get away or triumph and he always seems to be experimenting with one form or another.

Much like most duels we have seen so far I doubt if anyone other than the sisters will get into it in a one on one confrontation. Interestingly enough to me is that Icariums crazed destruction is such that most mages can not contain it either. So lets put it this way who would last longer versus Icarium in a rage. I will include everyone but the gods with worshippers that they listen to. Ie Queen of Dreams not included. Osseric is.

I think these are all 1 A, B, C etc. with not much difference between.
Osseric
Spite/Envy
Tayschenn
QB
Kilava
Vorcan
Baruk
Silverfox (dont know enough about her but I would like to)

Kruppe...who knows...sidestep it like Broods hammer blast?

This post has been edited by L'oric: 26 February 2009 - 12:39 AM

What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#16 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:13 AM

Seriously, you cannot mention mortal mages in the same breath as Spite, envy and especially Osserc.

Tay himself notes in NoK, that Ossercs power is way out of his league.

#17 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:13 PM

View PostAptorian, on Feb 26 2009, 12:13 AM, said:

Seriously, you cannot mention mortal mages in the same breath as Spite, envy and especially Osserc.

Tay himself notes in NoK, that Ossercs power is way out of his league.

Of course I can. I just did. They are in the conversation because as the books have told us over and over again. You dont mess with mortals. When you the poster clearly state that such ascendants will almost always come out on top and then you mention that just because they almost always will does not mean that they are invincible. What seems more likely that ascendants will kill off mortals or the other way around?

Tay has taken on Rake and survived. Rake might not have been concentrating on him, but it was a battle and the High Mage of the Malazan Empire managed to damage Moon Spawn, defend himself, and probably kill a mortal elder goddess and a cadre of mages led by another high mage. The raw power he has got, and we have no idea what D'rek the worm brings to the equation. Rake has defeated Osseric thus Tay could survive a battle with him.

Go back to the battle between QB and Icarium...QB lost buthe held his own. Spite thinks Icarium would be able to kill her sister so she is not that much more powerful that QB.

I am not reading a series that constantly suggests mortal mages or mortals in general have no input in the workings of ascendants and gods. I thought I was reading a series where everyone was up for grabs and under the knife.

Sincerely

This post has been edited by L'oric: 26 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

#18 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

I'm sorry but your arguments are fallacious.
As we all know Rake didn't even attack Tay so you cannot say that he survived against Rake. Rake could wipe the floor with him. As for Nightchill she was taken by surprise and anyway there was the influence of Kallor's curse. Anyway I'm not saying that Tay is a weakling, he's probbaly the strongest mortal mage.
As for QB stopping Icarium and Spite saying that Envy would have been killed doesn't man that QB is stronger. Icarium shrugged QB attacks as if they were nothingand only the Eres stopped him killing everyone included QB. Envy is one of the most powerful mages out there. I think she could beat QB too, unless he uses some dirty trick as he always does.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#19 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

View PostBauchelain the Evil, on Feb 26 2009, 11:00 AM, said:

I'm sorry but your arguments are fallacious.
As we all know Rake didn't even attack Tay so you cannot say that he survived against Rake. Rake could wipe the floor with him. As for Nightchill she was taken by surprise and anyway there was the influence of Kallor's curse. Anyway I'm not saying that Tay is a weakling, he's probbaly the strongest mortal mage.
As for QB stopping Icarium and Spite saying that Envy would have been killed doesn't man that QB is stronger. Icarium shrugged QB attacks as if they were nothingand only the Eres stopped him killing everyone included QB. Envy is one of the most powerful mages out there. I think she could beat QB too, unless he uses some dirty trick as he always does.

I like fallacious...sort of like lacivious...lets see whats false about them shall we?

Rake did indeed to my recollection attack Tay. There is a part where he is warding off multiple attacks of magic and its killing everyone around him. Did I get the scene wrong in my head? Maybe, but thats what I remember.

I said Envy is not that much more powerful than QB not that QB was the stronger of the two. They both exist in an area of power that would be less than able to kill Icarium. Granted a pretty damn high level but he did force him back over and over again and has since shown exceptional ability against extremely powerful beings. QB is stronger since his meeting with Icarium. I just read the QB and Icarium scene and he shrugs off the attacks eventually but he is at the time in almost full rage mode and getting very close to blowing everything up as only he can. Consider that the Bonecaster became part of the Throne because of Icarium. To think that QB can not fight an ascendant and survive is the only fallacy I see here. He has fought and beaten them before.

Another thing to consider IMO. If Osseric can escape and see the layout of the land as a sword what tricks does QB have before his death? We see him give out vials to make sure Coltaine would survive and we see how he revives Hairlock as puppet, it would be pretty dumb of him to not have a final ace in the hole for himself wouldn't it?

So can they, QB and Tay, stand up to and be mentioned along with Ascendants? Yes. They already have and will probably do so for the rest of the series.

Sincerely

#20 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

QB hates gods so much he will probably let himself die when the time comes and or fade into oblivion as to not be a tool... this is only a half joke, I could believe it happening,

alas Quick Ben as far as we know already has his way out of a normal death, he is a Bridge Burner and so gets the ascendediness that they all seem to get upon death, though he might not accept such a cloak/gift.

circumstances have alot to do with magic battles in the series, if you take out chance that is the only way you could find out max strength vs max strength... like make them fight in a empty warren, in a tekken/mortal Kombat type aspect.

alas Someone should linky some of the old threads we had on these topics, there are alot of insights in them, i am getting used to the forum layout.

This post has been edited by Zanth13: 26 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users