#41 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

@ Hetan and Anomander, somebody had to stick up for her, I wish i was not alone, that is all.
souls are for wimps

#42 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

Well, it all happened pretty quickly. As far as I noticed Mezla and Stalker were also up in arms over the ban.

#43 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

I was just chatting to the 'Rez on MSN. She said she's going to miss the place!

@ Yellow - the reason we ladies allow the Hawt thread to persist is because we don't know what goes on in there! It is like the smoking room that the gentlemen retire to after dinner to discuss "mens things". We ladies will enjoy our sewing circle and convince ourselves you are not all obsessed with women with unattainable physiques!

I am now going to be more adept with the "report post" button. I think there are double standards because I don't think Terez was ever actually offensive by the real definition. She might have been annoying to some, but is personality a bannable offense?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#44 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

Wow, I guess I'm just oblivious to what goes on around here most of the time. I followed the stuff in the 'misleading' thread but had no idea that Terez had pissed so many people off. I thought she was entertaining if a bit opinionated...

I feel somewhat responsible since I initially derailed that thread when I asked her about music schools...

Still, she didn't heed the warnings and took it too far. She was asking for it really.

I think I contain most of my raunchiness to the Pub. I might drop an F-bomb here and there, but I never insult or demean anybody. At least not intentionally.

Oh well, it made for interesting post today.

#45 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

Oops...I mean apart from Stalker and Mez :harhar:
souls are for wimps

#46 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

For shame! My rebelious side cannot help point out that I have been having a lovely conversation with Ano about the entire thing. Basically, he admitted he was wrong and we both agreed that was that :harhar:

View PostMezla PigDog, on Feb 7 2009, 08:22 PM, said:

@ Yellow - the reason we ladies allow the Hawt thread to persist is because we don't know what goes on in there! It is like the smoking room that the gentlemen retire to after dinner to discuss "mens things". We ladies will enjoy our sewing circle and convince ourselves you are not all obsessed with women with unattainable physiques!

Quiet, woman! Men are talking.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#47 User is offline   Giles 

• Demon of the inn
  • Interests:Martial arts and Metal music

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

I think the original thing may be debatable as a banning offense but creating an alt (or 2) to circumvent a ban is perma ban simple as .
"Hollow. My name is Kurosaki Ichigo. You killed my mother. Bankai."

#48 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

In the event of a suspension, when the person suspended has questions about it, do they wait until they come back and PM or is there a way to contact Mods/Admins while on hiatus?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#49 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Feb 7 2009, 08:30 PM, said:

In the event of a suspension, when the person suspended has questions about it, do they wait until they come back and PM or is there a way to contact Mods/Admins while on hiatus?

you can still post messages to the admins, I think, I did so, but I guess my msg was looked at and chucked for bad spelling :harhar:
souls are for wimps

#50 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

I believe things are quite simple. If you are warned of something, stop doing it. If you disagree discuss it with the mod in question, or another one through pm.

If you are suspended you can argue about it with the mods, still through pms or e-mail or whatever medium you chose as long as its kept private.

Making new accounts to circumvent this, especialy making several, will result in a permanent ban. I don't think any of this is too heavy handed. Nor do I believe it makes it difficult to predict how we will react to your actions. There are grey areas yes, but in those cases we give warnings –usually several– before we go to the step og suspending or banning that member.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#51 User is offline   Mushroom 

• Banned

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

Wow, I didn't see that one comming.

She wasn't dong anything even remotely offensive as far as I am aware.

Came kinda quick too I guess.

As one of the newer members of the site that has only been around for a year I guess I'll miss the rebellious(?) one now.

#52 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

View PostMushroom, on Feb 7 2009, 10:11 PM, said:

As one of the newer members of the site that has only been around for a year I guess I'll miss the rebellious(?) one now.

Ha ha, you're fooling no-one, Hume :harhar:

#53 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

Hmm.

Do I swear too much?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#54 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on Feb 7 2009, 04:34 PM, said:

Hmm.

Do I swear too much?

No, but your over use of capitals makes me feel like I am being brow beaten over the internet. CEASE!

#55 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

THE LOWER CASE HAS INSUFFICIENT EMPHASIS FOR MY NEEDS

Most of the time, anyway.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#56 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

This thread is about Nazis and Terez...get back on topic!

Hi Apt...Just one more question. Do you think that Cougar could have been too heavy handed with her? The reason i ask you is that all the posts have been deleted and you are our only reliable witness. And why the need to delete all the posts in which you were telling her to desist?
souls are for wimps

#57 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

View PostFrookenhauer, on Feb 7 2009, 04:57 PM, said:

This thread is about Nazis and Terez...get back on topic!

Hi Apt...Just one more question. Do you think that Cougar could have been too heavy handed with her? The reason i ask you is that all the posts have been deleted and you are our only reliable witness. And why the need to delete all the posts in which you were telling her to desist?

The posts that were deleted were by me, Terez, Charl'z and Yellow. Charl'z was asking about the now taboo "stimulation", Terez was explaining in detail and Yellow and I were giggling on the sidelines like children. It was similar stuff that got posted in the thread that ended up being about the length of forum members members, which was also deleted a while back.

#58 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Frook I saw everything there as well, honestly Cougar had nothing to do with it. He merely hinted to get back on topic, while Apt was agreeing as well. It seemed more of Terez being told not to do something but continuing to do so just because. Which seems to be not enough for the Perma-ban, but even after that Terez kept going.

That said, yeah I liked Terez and I thought she was funny but I do see where the overlords are coming from.

#59 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

I see!. Oops. My bad, I just had a thought is all.
souls are for wimps

#60 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

Terez was not initially banned folks. She was suspended for a few days because she refused to listen to the warnings given. That is not being heavy handed, we would do that with anyone blatently ignoring the staff. She was banned after she went nuts creating alt accounts to bitch.
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users