Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

I killed a Grandmother without remorse.

Hahahahahahahaha!

#22 User is offline   Osric 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books, Games, Programming, Beer, Women, Movies

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

Im waiting for it to finish downloading buying.

Seriously tho Ill download now and buy it next month. :(
Cant wait!
Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.
-Bult

#23 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:20 PM

I was looking at Fable 2; now I'm not so sure as it apparently has a lot of glitches. I liked the original, and more of the same would be good, but I hate getting a game that has a lot of potential and finding out that it's crap.

Should I get Fallout 3 instead?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 30 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#24 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

I have defeated the fire ant menace, and for doing it I get a perm upgrade, ant sight!

Oh yes Perception +1!

My sledgehammer is almost broken, and I only have 3 laser rounds left... I need more energy cells!

I can't cross the river to get to the broadcast station because every bridge I cross is held by enemies... and I don't think I can take the human centaur abomination babies! The SuperMutants are hard enough.

I want to joint he Brotherhood of Steel again and get uber armor and ammo and weapons oh yes.

I also can't find 'the family' although I have found all 3 of their 'hideouts' - Anyone done that one? I think I explored them all, but there wasn't much at the drive-in theatre.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 30 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#25 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:06 PM

I'm onto that now Obdigore. No luck, I'm afraid. I picked Ant Strength! :)

Then I killed the doctor and stole his coat :(

#26 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

BTW, Just outside of the train station near Falls Church there are a bunch or Brother hood of Steel guys. Kill them and take their armour. :)

I am the biggest wanker in this game :(

Traveller>> Get Fallout 3. Having played both, Fallout 3 is superior in every way.

#27 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:31 PM

I really liked Oblivion - mainly for the freedom. Is Fallout 3 kinda similar, but with guns? I just finished Gears of War, I hope it's not anything like that, post-apocalyptic landscape aside of course. (I didn't like Half Life either.)
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#28 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

You didn't like Half-life? What kind of a monster are you?

#29 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

It was the latest one I didn't like - the sequel. Just seemed like more of the same, and the motion of the running/walking was horrible. On the pc, anyway.

#30 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:51 PM

View PostTrouble, on Oct 30 2008, 09:26 AM, said:

BTW, Just outside of the train station near Falls Church there are a bunch or Brother hood of Steel guys. Kill them and take their armour. :)

I am the biggest wanker in this game :(

Traveller>> Get Fallout 3. Having played both, Fallout 3 is superior in every way.

I'm trying to be good this game - with Melee, Lasers, and Lockpicking as my main skills. Oh yes.

I went into falls church for a second, and there was lots of stuff being shot around, I left as they appeared to be super mutants and as noted, I am nearly out of ammo. Craterside Supply dosen't have any more energy cells.

I cant find another sledgehammer to get mine repaired either. Have you crossed the river and gone to the broadcast station yet Trouble?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#31 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

I've crossed the river, but haven't gone to the station yet. I just blew up Megaton so I had to make tracks away from that side of the map.

The super mutants are relatively easy to destroy. Just use your Assault rifle and try to get a head shot since their heads are unprotected. Head to Tenpenny Tower. They have loads of ammo for sale and sledge hammers.

#32 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

View PostTrouble, on Oct 30 2008, 10:48 AM, said:

I've crossed the river, but haven't gone to the station yet. I just blew up Megaton so I had to make tracks away from that side of the map.

The super mutants are relatively easy to destroy. Just use your Assault rifle and try to get a head shot since their heads are unprotected. Head to Tenpenny Tower. They have loads of ammo for sale and sledge hammers.

Where is Tenpenny?

I have not destroyed Megaton, and am not going too as I'm playing all goodie two-shoes. And I got a hit taken out on me, so that makes me want to stay good because its cool.

I was using my laser pistol and dinking their heads, but one had a flamethrower and one had a minigun - it hurt.

I take it you aren't doing the wasteland guide quest chain then if you blew up Megaton?

#33 User is offline   Osric 

• Captain
  • Interests:Books, Games, Programming, Beer, Women, Movies

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT

Im still waiting. :):(:(

gief gief
Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.
-Bult

#34 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

I getz it this afternoonz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w00t.

Then I will help you guys solve your problems, and cause Osric grief!

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#35 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:24 PM

Well I got paid today...pay usual amount on my Best Buy bill or pay the minimum this month and get the game?

I'll flip a coin for it...........................................heads baby!!!! game ahoy!

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#36 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:09 AM

View PostObdigore, on Oct 31 2008, 01:21 AM, said:

View PostTrouble, on Oct 30 2008, 10:48 AM, said:

Where is Tenpenny?

I have not destroyed Megaton, and am not going too as I'm playing all goodie two-shoes. And I got a hit taken out on me, so that makes me want to stay good because its cool.

I was using my laser pistol and dinking their heads, but one had a flamethrower and one had a minigun - it hurt.

I take it you aren't doing the wasteland guide quest chain then if you blew up Megaton?

Tenpenny Tower is far South West from Megaton.

Spoiler

I was being good. but then little Billy in Grayditch or whatever fucked me over and didn't give me the key to his dads stash. after all that I did for him!

#37 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:22 AM

Slaughtered some super mutants with an assault rifle, that works really well.

I then took the armor from the paladin they had killed... I can't wear it without heavy armor training tho... know where I get that... southwest I go I suppose.

#38 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:50 AM

The Citadel trains you in the power Armour. I haven't done it yet, too busy Trying to get to Rivets City.

#39 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:21 AM

Oh yeah, I found another Sledge Hammer in the Tepid Sewers. It also leads to the other side of the river. :thumbsup:

#40 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

Just got it this afternoon. Been playing for about an hour. It rocks.

What kind of settings are you guys running it on? I've got it on Ultra High, with 1280*1024 res, and I just got a bit of slowdown around the area east of the Family-potential-hideout station. :thumbsup:

Other than that, it is looking awesome, playing awesomer, and is just plain AWESOME. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users