• You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#30521 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 June 2024 - 07:00 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 24 June 2024 - 04:06 PM, said:

Here's the problem. If we Brits complain about the heat, you Ozzies pop up and go "hurr Durr you call that hot?"

We complain about the cold and along come the blasted Canadians basically doing the same thing.

Yet moaning about the weather is a national sport and something were genetically programmed to do!

It's not fair.

Also as we've noted prior our houses are designed as heat traps so whilst it's 'only' 20 degrees outside, inside it feels more like 30 and there is no way to escape the heat at all. It's fucking horrible. Our houses aren't built for especially hot weather.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#30522 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 June 2024 - 08:01 AM

Here's the problem. If we Brits complain about the heat, you Ozzies pop up and go "hurr Durr you call that hot?"

Hey, I know you had some decent temps a couple of years back. One of the biggest and best signs ever of climate change IMHO.

We complain about the cold and along come the blasted Canadians basically doing the same thing.

Yet moaning about the weather and everything else is a national sport and something were genetically programmed to do!

It's not fair.

FTFY. ;)

@Maark
Houses here weren't designed properly for any sort of weather. Developers keep building brick tract homes in vast swathes across Generica that somehow manage to trap the heat in summer yet not in (our version of) winter. Our Govts need to make including all sorts of sensible building technology mandatory, but they won't because they're all in the developers pockets, and we can't have anything that reduces their profits, can we?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 25 June 2024 - 08:05 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#30523 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 June 2024 - 08:05 AM

Tsundoku, on 25 June 2024 - 08:01 AM, said:

Tiste Simeon, on 24 June 2024 - 04:06 PM, said:

Hey, I know you had some decent temps a couple of years back. One of the biggest and best signs ever of climate change IMHO.

Yet moaning about the weather and everything else is a national sport and something were genetically programmed to do!

It's not fair.

FTFY. ;)

Well that's also true.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#30524 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 June 2024 - 09:27 AM

It's a crisp 76*F (24*C) here right now, just a perfect afternoon. Except it's 2:30 AM. Expect it might nudge up a little bit later in the day.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#30525 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 June 2024 - 10:36 AM

View Postworry, on 25 June 2024 - 09:27 AM, said:

It's a crisp 76*F (24*C) here right now, just a perfect afternoon. Except it's 2:30 AM. Expect it might nudge up a little bit later in the day.

I'd say it's great conditions if you need to do the lawn, but of course it's a bit dark and ... do you even have one?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 25 June 2024 - 10:36 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#30526 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 25 June 2024 - 11:38 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 25 June 2024 - 08:01 AM, said:

It's not fair.

FTFY. ;)

@Maark
Houses here weren't designed properly for any sort of weather. Developers keep building brick tract homes in vast swathes across Generica that somehow manage to trap the heat in summer yet not in (our version of) winter. Our Govts need to make including all sorts of sensible building technology mandatory, but they won't because they're all in the developers pockets, and we can't have anything that reduces their profits, can we?

True, true... we could always simply cannibalise them instead maybe?

And yeah the rising summer temperatures + much more frequent and violent storms are a clear indicator. I remember growing up as a kid, a named storm was like a once in a blue moon jobber. Now I expect every autumn to have like six or so.

#30527 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 26 June 2024 - 03:06 AM

I haven’t talked to either of my best friends in a week and am now worried that they both don’t want to talk to me anymore since I have tried to reach them. I feel alone at the moment and I just want to share how much I love my new job. I’m worried now that I’ve done something wrong.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#30528 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 June 2024 - 07:13 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 26 June 2024 - 03:06 AM, said:

I haven’t talked to either of my best friends in a week and am now worried that they both don’t want to talk to me anymore since I have tried to reach them. I feel alone at the moment and I just want to share how much I love my new job. I’m worried now that I’ve done something wrong.

Nah, unless you committed some absolute atrocity in the last few days they're probably just caught up in their own shit like most of us. Give them some time.

Good to hear the new job is going well, :) :thumbsup:

#30529 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 26 June 2024 - 07:31 AM

Lady Bliss, on 26 June 2024 - 03:06 AM, said:

We are your only friends. You don't need anyone else.;)

In seriousness though, I think people end up getting busy and self involved. It's easy to see how it happens. Maybe give it a day or two and try again? I for one am glad your job is going so well. I'm nearly two years into my new job and I'm still riding the high of his good it is!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#30530 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 26 June 2024 - 07:43 AM

Posted Image

#30531 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 June 2024 - 10:23 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 26 June 2024 - 07:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

So it's been unseasonably warm in Russia the last few years too eh?

More seriously: if it's really bad, put a damp towel or cloth on, lay on the bed (or floor if the mattress keeps the heat in) and turn on any fans.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 26 June 2024 - 10:25 AM

#30532 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 27 June 2024 - 08:48 PM

Talking to Amazons AI customer service chat.

It types slower than I can read! Why? Its not hiding that its an AI so is this supposed to somehow comfort me or make it seem more human. I just find it frustrating to watch an AI work at a pace that is slower than even a human.

Been driving a lot recently, noticed American drivers like to change lanes first and then turn on their indicators. Its too late now buddy. Okay that's anecdotal data but it happened more than a few times this week. If I knew you wanted to change lanes Id let you and would make sure their is a gap.

Share this topic:

• 1527 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users