• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#28461 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 February 2022 - 07:32 PM

I could really use a Library Dungeon Master to DM the next 6 months for me.

#28462 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 15 February 2022 - 10:17 PM

View PostAptorian, on 14 February 2022 - 06:53 PM, said:

WHY ON EARTH DID I THINK BECOMING A TEAM LEADER WAS A GOOD IDEA!!!

Dirty cash?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#28463 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 February 2022 - 04:10 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 15 February 2022 - 10:17 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 14 February 2022 - 06:53 PM, said:

WHY ON EARTH DID I THINK BECOMING A TEAM LEADER WAS A GOOD IDEA!!!

Dirty cash?

I assumed it was the power and glory and mostly the power.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28464 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 17 February 2022 - 08:46 AM

Storm is setting my anxiety off something chronic.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28465 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 February 2022 - 02:51 PM

Philadelphia's in the international news again:

'Water in dozens of Philadelphia schools contaminated with lead, report finds

Potentially tens of thousands of students exposed to toxins[...] findings 'just the tip of the iceberg

[...] toxins proven to cause learning and behavioral issues as well as health problems including damage to internal organs.

[...] Philadelphia school board disputes the findings[...]

[...] 2017 law [...] requires lead testing on every campus at least every five years, and for the results to be made publicly available.

But [...] four years into the cycle, only 29% of [...] schools had posted information'

'[...] calling for the replacement of every drinking fountain with water bottle filling stations, and filtration systems to be installed in kitchens and other facilities where water is used for consumption.'

https://www.theguard...ad-water-dozens

At least it's not from all the bullets....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 18 February 2022 - 02:51 PM

#28466 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 18 February 2022 - 07:05 PM

Talked to my boss about the burnout since my sick leave has been prolongued by another week. The gist is I need a new job, which is just perfect *sigh*

So, he wants to keep me around, my absence is definitely being noticed. But he is not willing to work with me on finding solutions to what caused me to burn out. I'm apparently too sensitive and need to toughen up. He is not willing to consider his behaviour, which played a huuuge part in the whole situation. But he would love it ifI were to return to the performance levels I started out with.

Looking back on it, a big chunk of our talk was him guilt tripping me while saying that since I cannot work full time atm (I can, just not under these circumstances), we need to reduce my hours. Which I cannot afford since I'm already being paid a bit over minimum and I have rent to pay and food to buy.

He won't fire me, of course.

Soo... I have two months to find a new job, I guess? While navigating this one... Maybe it would actually be better to reduce my hours, provided I can find a way to still pay for everything, as that would reduce the time I need to give notice in should I manage, in these lovely times, to find anything new.

It's a shitshow and I'm really trying to look at it as a chance, buuuut...

This post has been edited by Puck: 18 February 2022 - 07:07 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#28467 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 February 2022 - 12:24 PM

You know what really gets my goose? When you are loading a large game and your console decides it's the perfect timing to do an update for the system software. On the weekend no less, WTF! um, #grrrr

#28468 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 19 February 2022 - 05:36 PM

View PostPuck, on 18 February 2022 - 07:05 PM, said:

Talked to my boss about the burnout since my sick leave has been prolongued by another week. The gist is I need a new job, which is just perfect *sigh*

So, he wants to keep me around, my absence is definitely being noticed. But he is not willing to work with me on finding solutions to what caused me to burn out. I'm apparently too sensitive and need to toughen up. He is not willing to consider his behaviour, which played a huuuge part in the whole situation. But he would love it ifI were to return to the performance levels I started out with.

Looking back on it, a big chunk of our talk was him guilt tripping me while saying that since I cannot work full time atm (I can, just not under these circumstances), we need to reduce my hours. Which I cannot afford since I'm already being paid a bit over minimum and I have rent to pay and food to buy.

He won't fire me, of course.

Soo... I have two months to find a new job, I guess? While navigating this one... Maybe it would actually be better to reduce my hours, provided I can find a way to still pay for everything, as that would reduce the time I need to give notice in should I manage, in these lovely times, to find anything new.

It's a shitshow and I'm really trying to look at it as a chance, buuuut...

This is a horrible response from your boss. I think at this point, you have to get stuff off your plate. No new projects or tasks unless two go off. Explicit emails to your boss saying you're overloaded and need to get X, Y, and Z to other people immediately.

Good luck with the job hunt.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#28469 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 February 2022 - 09:02 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 September 2021 - 01:47 PM, said:

I always find it a bit sad when I see a sign tacked at a street corner advertising an estate sale like it is a weekend garage sale (even though I have no emotional investment and the deceased is a complete stranger). There's something ghoulish about opening up a residence and allowing people to look through and purchase items of the dearly departed. I guess it's a necessary discomfort though, to unburden family and friends of someone's belongings. I've never been to an estate sale. I thought about going to this one. Have any of you guys ever been? What are they like?

Saw a sign advertising an estate sale whilst out and about running errands. Probably should have checked this one out because it was pointing to a house located in a neighborhood that abuts a private country club. I just feel too icky about it though. Like a vulture hovering and waiting to pick a carcass clean. Plus, what if some of the stuff is haunted?

#28470 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 20 February 2022 - 04:13 PM

I think my mind is diseased! I can’t go to a hotel without trying to go home with some little shampoos and pots of little jams if available. It’s all in a good fun but with all the traveling I have been doing I have a ton but I keep doing it.

#28471 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 February 2022 - 04:43 PM

If you’re not taking batteries out of the tv remote you’re probably still ok.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#28472 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 February 2022 - 05:56 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 20 February 2022 - 04:43 PM, said:

If you’re not taking batteries out of the tv remote you’re probably still ok.

HOW DID I NEVER THINK OF THAT DAMMIT
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28473 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 21 February 2022 - 07:12 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 February 2022 - 09:02 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 September 2021 - 01:47 PM, said:

I always find it a bit sad when I see a sign tacked at a street corner advertising an estate sale like it is a weekend garage sale (even though I have no emotional investment and the deceased is a complete stranger). There's something ghoulish about opening up a residence and allowing people to look through and purchase items of the dearly departed. I guess it's a necessary discomfort though, to unburden family and friends of someone's belongings. I've never been to an estate sale. I thought about going to this one. Have any of you guys ever been? What are they like?

Saw a sign advertising an estate sale whilst out and about running errands. Probably should have checked this one out because it was pointing to a house located in a neighborhood that abuts a private country club. I just feel too icky about it though. Like a vulture hovering and waiting to pick a carcass clean. Plus, what if some of the stuff is haunted?

I love estate sales!

#28474 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 21 February 2022 - 08:51 AM

Fucking sick of these bastarding storms now.

#28475 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 21 February 2022 - 10:41 AM

Agreed. Climate change was supposed to turn the UK into a lovely mediterranean-style holiday resort, not a potential setting for the Winds of Winter. I'm seriously starting to rethink setting up that mini coal power plant in my backyard to power the lights on the runway for my private jet that I plan to use to go to the local supermarket, let alone diesel-powering my entire house to achieve the optimal steampunk vibe. Although storms would provide a great power source for wind turbines which are good for the environment, so in a way this may be nature course correcting itself. How long does it usually take for wind turbines to evolve?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#28476 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 24 February 2022 - 08:44 AM

Wife has a stinking non covid head cold and gave it to me. I was doing so well until about 8pm yesterday and then it hit me like a fucking freight train. Ugh.

#28477 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 February 2022 - 01:25 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 24 February 2022 - 08:44 AM, said:

Wife has a stinking non covid head cold and gave it to me. I was doing so well until about 8pm yesterday and then it hit me like a fucking freight train. Ugh.

I currently have one of these, so I commiserate.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28478 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 February 2022 - 05:30 PM

I think I hate my new job. There hasn't been a day in weeks were I haven't had this awful feeling when looking at my inbox, my calendar or my teams roster.

Everything is just a little fucked, not enough ressources, long waits for new equipment that's needed yesterday, hands tied behind your back because decisions need to be improved, getting chewed out for not following the mandates from above even though they're impossible.

Never follow your own ambitions people. Better to enjoy the freedom of obscurity and mediocrity.

#28479 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 February 2022 - 09:56 PM

View PostAptorian, on 24 February 2022 - 05:30 PM, said:

I think I hate my new job. There hasn't been a day in weeks were I haven't had this awful feeling when looking at my inbox, my calendar or my teams roster.

Everything is just a little fucked, not enough ressources, long waits for new equipment that's needed yesterday, hands tied behind your back because decisions need to be improved, getting chewed out for not following the mandates from above even though they're impossible.

Never follow your own ambitions people. Better to enjoy the freedom of obscurity and mediocrity.

I'm a few weeks ahead of you on the promotion that you knew was going to give you big problems. I hated the first 3 months but have got more at peace with it since Christmas. This may not help you and I am struggling with it but I found it helps if I accept the shit exists and is the environment I have to work in and can't change. So of you approach it like all of that is a given and it's not your responsibility because the organisation created it and is bigger than you will ever be, and just try to keep going within reason, then it kind of helps. Like it's a game with some parameters you can't adjust, so you stop letting them get to you. The more tired and overworked I am the less I can turn it off but if I have a word with myself I'm getting better at the "fuck it" approach.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#28480 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 25 February 2022 - 03:22 AM

TV's been on whole day, following the news on the Russo-Ukrainian War

Night in Kyiv now, so I'm having a lie-down, half asleep.

Feeling drained. And God knows how long this will last.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

Share this topic:

• 1527 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users