• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#28501 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 07 March 2022 - 08:41 AM

My dad used to follow cricket so I was reasonably acquainted with him, the absolute bane of England batsmen. 52 is no age.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28502 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 March 2022 - 09:03 AM

one of the best ever I'd say.

#28503 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 March 2022 - 02:54 PM

My mom is contemplating stopping her chemo as it's making her unable to function.

So that fucking sucks. It means we will have less time with her.

I just wanted her to get though the first batch (9 treatments) so they could see whether they tumour had shrunk enough to operate...but she's at 7 and can't seem to go on with it. I want her to do whatever is best for her, but this is just tearing me down.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28504 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 07 March 2022 - 04:01 PM

Chemotherapy is a series of horrendous experiences bad enough that everyone I've seen go through them has wanted so very much to stop. Most kept going after having their feelings heard and their terror/anger at the body betraying them in a way that requires this savage treatment.

Keep talking to her. See if this is a "I need to be heard about how awful this is" time that can transition to "I will finish the remaining two treatments". If not, it's a very powerful emotional experience, so give yourself time to deal with that.

I'm so sorry about this. It's horrible.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#28505 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 March 2022 - 04:05 PM

View Postamphibian, on 07 March 2022 - 04:01 PM, said:

Chemotherapy is a series of horrendous experiences bad enough that everyone I've seen go through them has wanted so very much to stop. Most kept going after having their feelings heard and their terror/anger at the body betraying them in a way that requires this savage treatment.

Keep talking to her. See if this is a "I need to be heard about how awful this is" time that can transition to "I will finish the remaining two treatments". If not, it's a very powerful emotional experience, so give yourself time to deal with that.

Yeah, that's what we've been doing. My wife being a health care worker helps as she very much listens to her and has the knowledge to talk to the doctors and nurses.

It sounds like they MIGHT do the MRI to see where she's at, which might give her the impetus to do the last two rounds.

Thanks for the support. It means a lot.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28506 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 07 March 2022 - 04:07 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 March 2022 - 02:54 PM, said:

My mom is contemplating stopping her chemo as it's making her unable to function.

I just wanted her to get though the first batch (9 treatments) so they could see whether they tumour had shrunk enough to operate...but she's at 7 and can't seem to go on with it. I want her to do whatever is best for her, but this is just tearing me down.

Man that's rough I'm so sorry. My father in law is facing another round of chemo about 3 years after the initial one and he really doesn't want to have to go through that again. We're here when you need to vent.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28507 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 March 2022 - 04:15 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 07 March 2022 - 04:07 PM, said:

Man that's rough I'm so sorry. My father in law is facing another round of chemo about 3 years after the initial one and he really doesn't want to have to go through that again. We're here when you need to vent.

Absolutely

That really suck QT. Sorry man.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#28508 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 March 2022 - 04:10 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 March 2022 - 04:05 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 07 March 2022 - 04:01 PM, said:

Yeah, that's what we've been doing. My wife being a health care worker helps as she very much listens to her and has the knowledge to talk to the doctors and nurses.

It sounds like they MIGHT do the MRI to see where she's at, which might give her the impetus to do the last two rounds.

Thanks for the support. It means a lot.

Seconding Amphi's point entirely.
Hang in there QT.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28509 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 08 March 2022 - 04:25 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 07 March 2022 - 04:07 PM, said:

Tiste, I'm sorry about the treatments your father in law has to go through. I hope it works swiftly.

#28510 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 March 2022 - 01:17 PM

Thanks all for the support. It's very appreciated.

Tiste, I'm sorry your FiL has to go through Chemo again. It's awful to even have to contemplate, let alone do. Support.

#28511 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 08 March 2022 - 05:12 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 08 March 2022 - 01:17 PM, said:

Tiste, I'm sorry your FiL has to go through Chemo again. It's awful to even have to contemplate, let alone do. Support.

Thank you. It worked well last time and he's had relatively good health the last 3 years or so. But he's getting frailer and we're not sure he'll make it this time... Cancer is the worst.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28512 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 March 2022 - 05:37 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 08 March 2022 - 05:12 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 08 March 2022 - 01:17 PM, said:

Thank you. It worked well last time and he's had relatively good health the last 3 years or so. But he's getting frailer and we're not sure he'll make it this time... Cancer is the worst.

For what it's worth, I very much hope the chemo works again and he's with you for many more years to come and your kiddos bring him much joy.

#28513 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 March 2022 - 02:14 AM

Dang, so here's the scenario:

Here in the Rocky Mtn. west there is a popular convenience store chain called Kum & Go. There is one near me that is adjacent to the interstate highway and it is a magnet for all manner of drifters, vagrants, homeless... people looking for a handout or more. I normally don't drive by this particular one on the way to work but I needed to get gas (holy shit guys, the gas prices!) and I pulled in and was filling up. As I was filling up I noticed this woman was sitting on the corner and filling out a message on a cardboard cutout. As she was writing she was yelling and talking to herself the whole time, none of it I could understand. I finished filling up with petrol (holy shit, the gas, expensive gas!), and pulled out to continue on my way. As I approached the corner she had finished filling out her message (usually they say something along the lines of "God Bless, any help is appreciated). She, however, was standing on the corner incoherently yelling, holding up her message - "Kum & Go FUCK YOURSELF!" And there was additional writing I couldn't decipher, something about "respect" and "matters"... stuff like that. I felt bad for her and it made me think about the plight and desperation of people who are homeless and trying to get through each day.

#28514 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 09 March 2022 - 08:51 AM

Sorry to hear about your family guys, cancer sucks ass.

#28515 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 09 March 2022 - 08:51 AM

The weather, urgh, every time the ground starts to dry out we get another two days of brutal rain and we're back to square fucking one

#28516 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 16 March 2022 - 02:18 AM

Why is in South Africa if I order a coke I get a coke. A Pepsi I get Pepsi and a sprite a sprite.

In the USA if I order sprite I get 7up, if I order 7up I get Sierra Mist and if I order Sierra Mist I get sprite. They don’t even ask if they can substitute.

#28517 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 16 March 2022 - 07:45 AM

Dragged up to the office for some training on equality / diversity - entire firm has to go through it.

I get why it's being done but don't see why it can't be done via Teams tbh. Then I could stay in my jammies and have nearby cats...

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28518 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 March 2022 - 07:11 PM

Son has HFM for like the 4th time in his young life.

I hate this virus. It makes him miserable.

#28519 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 March 2022 - 09:59 PM

View PostCause, on 16 March 2022 - 02:18 AM, said:

Why is in South Africa if I order a coke I get a coke. A Pepsi I get Pepsi and a sprite a sprite.

In the USA if I order sprite I get 7up, if I order 7up I get Sierra Mist and if I order Sierra Mist I get sprite. They don’t even ask if they can substitute.

If you dont ask they assume you dont care, and they only carry what they give you so you didnt have a choice.
Big Soda.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28520 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:54 PM

View PostCause, on 16 March 2022 - 02:18 AM, said:

Coca-cola and Pepsi make deals with restaurants all over the country to be the exclusive sodas. So that means a bunch of the substitution happening is because the restaurant is supplied by only one or the other.

Share this topic:

• 1527 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users