• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26301 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:19 PM

I just saw my first targeted ad for a menopause product.

Does it get any lower when you aren't even 40 yet?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#26302 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

View PostAbyss, on 06 September 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

When the Caribbean food truck dude preparing your roti asks you how spicy you want it,
never, ever, ever, ever, ever. ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever. ever, ever, ever,
ever, ever, ever, ever. ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever. ever, ever, ever, say "surprise me".

Just don't.

If anyone needs me, i'll be in a washroom stall, drinking six litres of milk, rocking myself back and forth, and weeping softly.

Posted Image

#26303 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:37 PM

Allergies are exploding to near blindness.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#26304 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:51 AM

Does anyone get into these moods where they just realize tons of people are just very redundant ...

And the billionaires once they figure out a few bots, a tech singularity can just unleash a virus (Captain Trips)

Slaughter the majority , forgo the 1 in billion supergenius ..drive the population to thousands

I mean I’m sure they would feel sad and stuff, they isolate the terrible decision to a few , but the rest would like have kids and life would go on...yeah kids!!

All the have to do is trick the few you know ? Technology is neat that way

Then presto! Equilibrium with the environment and all the advancements of modern civilization.

Yah that was me today./ugg
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#26305 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:17 AM

I mean, that's a pretty positive scenario in my book but maybe that's just me.

#26306 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:05 AM

Obviously yes I think about that, and hope to help build a society that girds itself from the whims of any monster who thinks of people as "redundant." Regardless, the fact is those billionaires will be no more immune to the viral horrors released by the permafrost melt than the rest of us, nor unaffected by any other civilization-level shifts that are coming. That's why we should appropriate their billions, in order to create the most humane physical, social, and governmental infrastructures possible in preparation for those changes.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26307 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:04 AM

I think focusing on individual billionaires wealth is a red herring. Their fortunes creates a servere feeling of inequality but their wealth is a drop in the bucket of a country or the planets yearly taxincome and public spending.

We should be more focused on the businesses. Corporations, banks, investmentfunds, etc. That's where the power lies and that's where there's a discrepancy in what is earned and what is paid in taxes - and ultimately who should be blamed for pollution and corruption.

#26308 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:29 AM

View PostAptorian, on 11 September 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

I think focusing on individual billionaires wealth is a red herring. Their fortunes creates a servere feeling of inequality but their wealth is a drop in the bucket of a country or the planets yearly taxincome and public spending.

We should be more focused on the businesses. Corporations, banks, investmentfunds, etc. That's where the power lies and that's where there's a discrepancy in what is earned and what is paid in taxes - and ultimately who should be blamed for pollution and corruption.

Get both corporations AND the individuals who hide the profits in order to minimise taxes or negate them altogether.

How about a flat (plucks number out of arse) 30% tax rate on all income - be it individual or corporate? No rebates, no deductions, nothing. Tax law becomes one page, no loopholes.

Shifting your money out of the country - sure, no problems. That will be double, thanks.

Corporations and the wealthy merely paying their fair share of taxes would totally solve all government funding problems. The real problem then becomes making sure the goverment spends it productively.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26309 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:48 PM

Corporations are people, my friend.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26310 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:17 AM

View Postworry, on 11 September 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

From a legal standpoint literally any company is a person.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26311 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:21 AM

Which just goes to show that all CEOs are humanitarians

#26312 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 12 September 2019 - 07:17 AM, said:

Noooo, unless common law has changed substantially since I finished my degree, there's still a distinction between a legal entity and a physical person.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#26313 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:34 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 12 September 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Noooo, unless common law has changed substantially since I finished my degree, there's still a distinction between a legal entity and a physical person.

That is still the case in Canada. I don't know what those funny people in the UK are doing though.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#26314 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:22 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 12 September 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

In English law, a company is a legal person - it's a sore point time and time again if I have to deal with anything involving loss of earnings for someone who is self employed but set up as a limited company, as they can only claim for their loss and not the loss of the company, despite that ostensibly they ARE the company a lot of the time. Claimant could get say loss of salary or dividend or something like that depending how they pay themselves but if the company itself has taken a loss it has to pursue that loss as an entirely distinct matter.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26315 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:46 AM

Just had a game rained out. We were winning 1:0
This was a re-scheduled game that got rained out earlier in the season, when we were winning 2:0 (that time we played a full half, this time less than 30 min).

Apparently, we are to play again tomorrow. But I'm supposed to go to a Uki festival and get hammered tomorrow.

The really ironic bit is that this is the last game of the season. If we lose, the other guys get the last play-off spot. If we win, our rivals get the last play-off spot (because they have a better head-to-head, and the league is using that instead of goal difference as tie breaker).

It's a lose-lose proposition, but what really sucks is that the team we're continuously facing is really bad (the first time we played them, we beat them 5:0). And yet they may still beat us tomorrow, since I have no clue how many ppl will actually show up for this 3rd attempt to replay the same game.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#26316 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:57 PM

View PostMentalist, on 14 September 2019 - 02:46 AM, said:

This was a re-scheduled game that got rained out earlier in the season, when we were winning 2:0 (that time we played a full half, this time less than 30 min).

Apparently, we are to play again tomorrow. But I'm supposed to go to a Uki festival and get hammered tomorrow.

The really ironic bit is that this is the last game of the season. If we lose, the other guys get the last play-off spot. If we win, our rivals get the last play-off spot (because they have a better head-to-head, and the league is using that instead of goal difference as tie breaker).

It's a lose-lose proposition, but what really sucks is that the team we're continuously facing is really bad (the first time we played them, we beat them 5:0). And yet they may still beat us tomorrow, since I have no clue how many ppl will actually show up for this 3rd attempt to replay the same game.

Have you tired the duckworth lewis method???

__________________________________________________________________________________

two-three weeks to go before I live and breath freedom. Murica!

#26317 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:47 AM

Is it possible to grieve for your children when they were smaller? I love my kids and seeing a 3 year old picture of my boy yesterday tipped me into a depressive state I can only describe as grief - for the time before they started school, the time we got to do things all day, for how reliant on me they were for everything, and just for being good at looking after them all that time. They obviously won't remember a lot of it like I do, and I realised yesterday that I really miss it, and them.

Hasn't gone today either, just stuck at work feeling more depressed than usual.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 17 September 2019 - 11:18 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26318 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:23 AM

I'm getting all the hugs I can while it lasts, because it won't be too long before he will have as little to do with me as possible. :(

Yes, he will develop "taste".

:p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26319 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:26 PM

View PostTraveller, on 17 September 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Is it possible to grieve for your children when they were smaller? I love my kids and seeing a 3 year old picture of my boy yesterday tipped me into a depressive state I can only describe as grief - for the time before they started school, the time we got to do things all day, for how reliant on me they were for everything, and just for being good at looking after them all that time. They obviously won't remember a lot of it like I do, and I realised yesterday that I really miss it, and them.

Hasn't gone today either, just stuck at work feeling more depressed than usual.

I grieve for that short glorious month when my dogs were puppies and they would sleep all the time and they fit in my hand and they would sleep ontop of me and they would make cute little squeeky noises. Doesnt meen I dont love my big dog but I miss the tinyness

#26320 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:12 PM

View PostCause, on 15 September 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 14 September 2019 - 02:46 AM, said:

Have you tired the duckworth lewis method???

Not nearly as effective as the Lennox Lewis method.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 1532 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

21 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users