• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26181 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:08 PM

And now it is shagging another wood pigeon. Which is adding insult to injury frankly.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#26182 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:58 PM

Players gotta play.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26183 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:18 AM

Don't they get splinters?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26184 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:02 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 22 July 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 22 July 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

View PostMacros, on 22 July 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

finished up at 117 hours for the week.

Switch off your phone, go to bed and have a very big sleep. Then get up, go to the loo, have something to eat and drink, and go back to bed.

on the up side I've definitely lost weight, my shorts keep slipping down

That's ... not from the weight loss. :p :) :no

Surprised macros can pull shorts up with those monstrous hands of his...

Bold of you to assume Macros wears shorts for anything beyond courtesy to the smol people...
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26185 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:39 PM

Could have done without emergency surgery last night and now being stuck in hospital. Well, I would have died without it so I guess it was actually a good thing but still, damned inconvenient. Two weeks signed off work! Told you they were working me to death.

#26186 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:17 PM

Whoa Mez, hope you're all sorted and can get up and about soon.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26187 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:05 AM

Yah that sounds scary, hope your recovery goes smoothly and you get to relax some.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26188 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:53 AM

What did you burst?

#26189 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:11 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 24 July 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Could have done without emergency surgery last night and now being stuck in hospital. Well, I would have died without it so I guess it was actually a good thing but still, damned inconvenient. Two weeks signed off work! Told you they were working me to death.

Yeesh, sounds a bit shit. Hope you're all good now. Get well soon, take it easy over the next 2 weeks for sure.

View PostAbyss, on 25 July 2019 - 02:53 AM, said:

What did you burst?

We have stills from the OR CCTV ...

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 25 July 2019 - 06:12 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26190 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:44 AM

Swift recovery Mezla!
- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#26191 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:17 PM

I had a drain pulled out of my insides this morning that felt and looked like one of those.

I did burst something! It gave me internal bleeding. I'm home already, back as an out patient tomorrow. Thank god in a heatwave and no aircon in the hospital area that aren't for critical things.

#26192 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:23 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 25 July 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

I had a drain pulled out of my insides this morning that felt and looked like one of those.

I did burst something! It gave me internal bleeding. I'm home already, back as an out patient tomorrow. Thank god in a heatwave and no aircon in the hospital area that aren't for critical things.

Sound like you're lucky to be out. The wards and corridors at our place are awful at the moment. Theatres are the best place to be, fortunately - so chilled I spent most of the day at work yesterday feeling cold! Walking downstairs later to get a Costa was a shock, the main corridor was like a sauna.

Glad you're home, glad you're well. Hope you have a fan.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 25 July 2019 - 12:24 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26193 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

I was in recovery in the small hours of Wednesday morning. Admittedly I was off my face on industrial strength pain killers but it was so cool and my nurse was so lovely and I was the only one in there. I felt so relaxed and like I was sleeping on a cloud. I must have been really stressed out if recovery after surgery could feel like such a relaxing treat! I imagine that's what people who like spas feel like.

#26194 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:27 AM

Sun can eat my whole entire ass

#26195 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:48 AM

This belongs in both threads. Whats making me happy and what's messing with my groove.

Last night I celebrated. I had a really enjoyable night out at a restaurant with friends celebrating the two year anniversary since I had my surgery to cut out my tumor. I decided to go off the surgery and not the chemo to celebrate. This is great news and I'm happy.

However it also brings into relief how far and how short I have come on my determination to get healthier. Now I don't think my cancer had anything to do with my lifestyle but everyone else in the cancer word was over 60 and I realized how much these guys were suffering, because of diabetes, because they couldn't get into/out of their beds without assistance etc. I was in and out of that cancer ward in a few days. These guys had to be kept under observation for a few days just to make sure they were stable enough to even survive their surgeries. So it was a bit of a wake up call and I decided to work on my fitness, lose weight and gt healthier. Now I came a decent way (mostly in the last eight months if I'm honest) I started going to gym properly, even decided to get a personal trainer to make sure I was going. My cardio was improving slowly but surely (but still wont be running a 10 k anytime soon), my strength has improved dramatically (I did ten reps on the leg press machine of 280kg this week) but I realize I haven't lost any weight (in fact I have put on a bit, some of which I like to think is muscle). With the anniversary I cant ignore the fact that even though I have made progress (which makes me happy), I haven't made near the progress I could have over 2 years.

On the completely messing with my groove side. Two things happened recently which just suck!

I chipped my tooth, didn't hurt but it was a massive chip so even though it didn't hurt and I took my time I went to see the dentist to get it fixed up a week or so later. Went to the dentist, turns out the tooth was infected and it needed to get pulled. So I have to have a bridge! Holy Shit, this is expensive. Its a months salary to have my one tooth pulled and to have the teeth on either end changed to crowns so the bridge can be put in to replace my missing tooth. A months salary! My medical aid will only cover half of that and its from my savings, not from my benefits so pretty much I'm paying it all.

Also, Ill be immigrating to the USA in 2 months or so tops as many of you know. I was getting ready to sell my car and suddenly the gasket blew and my car wouldn't even start. So mechanic advised me to fix it and still sell in two months but this was a quarter of a months salary and if I could have lasted just 2 months...

#26196 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 27 July 2019 - 03:30 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 26 July 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Bruh... my ex wife knows how to tear me down when it comes to the kids. The shit she just told me hasn’t even sunk in yet and I’m already hotter then I was 5 months ago.

Well if subjective history is any indication she's mostly lying.

#26197 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:29 PM

This .... just .....this: https://www.bbc.com/...europe-49139930

I swear the level in incompetence around here just keeps going up. Last week the program that our Health System uses went down and it took them a couple of days to even start looking for a fix, with one senator going "Well, people die whether it works or not anyway." Fucking hell.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#26198 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:38 AM

View PostCause, on 26 July 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

This belongs in both threads. Whats making me happy and what's messing with my groove.

Last night I celebrated. I had a really enjoyable night out at a restaurant with friends celebrating the two year anniversary since I had my surgery to cut out my tumor. I decided to go off the surgery and not the chemo to celebrate. This is great news and I'm happy.

However it also brings into relief how far and how short I have come on my determination to get healthier. Now I don't think my cancer had anything to do with my lifestyle but everyone else in the cancer word was over 60 and I realized how much these guys were suffering, because of diabetes, because they couldn't get into/out of their beds without assistance etc. I was in and out of that cancer ward in a few days. These guys had to be kept under observation for a few days just to make sure they were stable enough to even survive their surgeries. So it was a bit of a wake up call and I decided to work on my fitness, lose weight and gt healthier. Now I came a decent way (mostly in the last eight months if I'm honest) I started going to gym properly, even decided to get a personal trainer to make sure I was going. My cardio was improving slowly but surely (but still wont be running a 10 k anytime soon), my strength has improved dramatically (I did ten reps on the leg press machine of 280kg this week) but I realize I haven't lost any weight (in fact I have put on a bit, some of which I like to think is muscle). With the anniversary I cant ignore the fact that even though I have made progress (which makes me happy), I haven't made near the progress I could have over 2 years.

On the completely messing with my groove side. Two things happened recently which just suck!

I chipped my tooth, didn't hurt but it was a massive chip so even though it didn't hurt and I took my time I went to see the dentist to get it fixed up a week or so later. Went to the dentist, turns out the tooth was infected and it needed to get pulled. So I have to have a bridge! Holy Shit, this is expensive. Its a months salary to have my one tooth pulled and to have the teeth on either end changed to crowns so the bridge can be put in to replace my missing tooth. A months salary! My medical aid will only cover half of that and its from my savings, not from my benefits so pretty much I'm paying it all.

Also, Ill be immigrating to the USA in 2 months or so tops as many of you know. I was getting ready to sell my car and suddenly the gasket blew and my car wouldn't even start. So mechanic advised me to fix it and still sell in two months but this was a quarter of a months salary and if I could have lasted just 2 months...

Seems we need to motivate you with some 2d girls weightlifting. ONEGAI MUSCLE

#26199 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:05 AM

My phone got stolen during my vacation, it's 30 degress in Norway so I slept maybe an hour last night, and I have 350-ish unanswered emails at work today.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#26200 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:18 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 29 July 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

My phone got stolen during my vacation, it's 30 degress in Norway so I slept maybe an hour last night, and I have 350-ish unanswered emails at work today.

...there goes my plan to relocate to Norway after this past week. Ugh.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

Share this topic:

• 1531 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

41 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users