• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#25901 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:20 PM

I'm getting shades of Six Feet Under.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#25902 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:58 PM

Two things:

1. Assholes who stick chewed gum ON seat on the train need to be shot. ..Well, not really, but you get my point. Advice for getting that stuff out of wool is welcome.

2. It sucks being EXACTLY beween two adjacent shoe sizes. It works most of the time, but this one out of ten times it's just infutiating.

#FirstWorldProblems
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#25903 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

View PostPuck, on 06 May 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Two things:

1. Assholes who stick chewed gum ON seat on the train need to be shot. ..Well, not really, but you get my point. Advice for getting that stuff out of wool is welcome.

I think with wool you're screwed. I tried getting out gum from a regular pair of chinos once by freezing them (as is recommended online) ...it did not work. I had to chuck the pants. Wool would be 100% impossible because you'd be pulling off so much stray bits...but it might be worth a shot to freeze the item?

And yes, I agree that people who stick gum on public things like seats are the worst!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#25904 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

Fortunately, we're talking a wool coat in my case and the offending material stuck very close to the hem, so in the worst case, I could've taken in the hem, though I'd rather not as the coat is already altered to a perfect for me lentgh. The good news is, between freezing and duct tape I managed to get most of the offending material off. We'll see how much damage that did to the fabric itself when it's daylight but I am soooo damn pissed at whoever did this :apt2: But I think unless one knows it should be good.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]

#25905 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:09 AM

View PostPuck, on 06 May 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

Fortunately, we're talking a wool coat in my case and the offending material stuck very close to the hem, so in the worst case, I could've taken in the hem, though I'd rather not as the coat is already altered to a perfect for me lentgh. The good news is, between freezing and duct tape I managed to get most of the offending material off. We'll see how much damage that did to the fabric itself when it's daylight but I am soooo damn pissed at whoever did this :apt2: But I think unless one knows it should be good.

I find fire usually takes care of it.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25906 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:00 AM

Two things:

2. It sucks being EXACTLY beween two adjacent shoe sizes. It works most of the time, but this one out of ten times it's just infutiating.

#FirstWorldProblems

Puck, not getting your shoe size is a very serious problem. Just last week I walked into two huge shoe stores only to be told that they don't keep my size in any make and model.

#25907 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:35 AM

View PostAndorion, on 07 May 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

Two things:

#FirstWorldProblems

Puck, not getting your shoe size is a very serious problem. Just last week I walked into two huge shoe stores only to be told that they don't keep my size in any make and model.

I find fire usually takes care of it.

#25908 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:36 AM

Two things:

#FirstWorldProblems

I’ve never been able to buy shoes in a store.

Which sucks, because you can’t try them on first.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#25909 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:50 AM

Two things:

#FirstWorldProblems

It absolutely is a serious issue. I know I've done some damage to my feet already by wearing the wrong size. I just feel that in terms of shoe size I am pretty lucky, all things considered. My perfect size does exist and is very common. Outside of Germany, that is. UK size 7 fits me perfectly. The issue is that there is no equivalent to UK7 in German shoe sizes, there's only half a size up or down. The easy solution is to shop at stores that stock shoes in UK sizes, but since I started looking in February I haven't been able to find one pair of sandals in my size and price range, full stop. It's infuriating.

#25910 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:56 AM

Looks like a shoe shopping trip to the UK is on the cards!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#25911 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:33 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 07 May 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

Looks like a shoe shopping trip to the UK is on the cards!

Never go full SATC ...
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25912 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:03 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 May 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

Going to spoiler this because I'm going to go BKish so fair warning there y'all go but I'd be interested in any dr opinions.

Spoiler

Soooo no sex for me till that clears up.

That ought to be nice to read if you choose to skip tag lmao

You’re dying. Go see a Dr immediately.

Qualifier: I’m not a doctor.

#25913 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:09 AM

View PostBriar King, on 08 May 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

That's what she said too!

Really thinking about it. Just to find out.

Hurts like hell. But I think if I actually was having one there would be no debate and I'd a had to go immediately. I'm not sure how common they are or if people have them and brush them off frequently.

How's your blood pressure? Might want to get that checked out.

Also yeah indigestion and gas could be a problem.

#25914 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:01 AM

View PostBriar King, on 09 May 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

It's pretty good I believe. I've only been told once at one of my 2 Dr's that it was high during a check in the past 3 years.

If you have a family history of blood pressure/heart problems then you might want to get checked out, just to be on the safe side.

#25915 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:10 AM

View PostBriar King, on 08 May 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

That's what she said too!

Really thinking about it. Just to find out.

Hurts like hell. But I think if I actually was having one there would be no debate and I'd a had to go immediately. I'm not sure how common they are or if people have them and brush them off frequently.

I am not a doctor but by way of a previous life I do have a particular skill set that allows me to say with reasonable certainty it’s extremely common for people to have them and brush them off, and if it hurt as much as you posted and you’re still feeling it a day later, go see a doctor.

Because you’re dying.

Maybe.

#25916 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:32 AM

Is he dead yet?

#25917 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:11 AM

We all knew this was how he was gonna go =/.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#25918 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 May 2019 - 06:21 AM, said:

If I don’t wake up in the am id like to say I love most of y’all a lot even when we disagree on things.

Feel rotten still.

If I do wake up I’m getting my ass to ER.

Good night.

BK

go get checked.

#25919 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:26 PM

View Postworry, on 09 May 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

We all knew this was how he was gonna go =/.

It's what he would have wanted.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 09 May 2019 - 02:17 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#25920 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

Finding a new hair salon to go to is a royal pain and then some. I guess I'm too used to my old one (that's now closed down, unfortunately) and the fact that people weren't just plain stupid there.

Girl, when someone comes into your salon and asks for an appointment und can already see on your face there are none for a whole month, just say so. Don't pretend to look for one, I can see that calendar, too. It's your job to give people information, why do I have to drag it out of your nose one word at a time? That fell right off the list of potential places.

I was just plain ignored at the other salon for fifteen or so minutes, no "hello" or anything. At least they do appointments with less than a month's waiting time, so yay?

And none of these salons are particularly cheap, if I may point that out.

I wish I could just cut my own hair. I don't want to have to be around any of these people, not even for half an hour. Unfortunately, the nearest Russian speaking salon now is in a different town, so meh.

Share this topic:

• 1523 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users