• You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#30401 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 March 2024 - 02:27 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 25 March 2024 - 12:54 PM, said:

Oh boy oh boy oh BOY

At least the gang war next door over the devil's weed is probably just going to be all bats and blades, no guns most likely (though I'd suppose they could try to set it on fire if they're losing, or rig the place to explode... that could be a pungent inferno).

OTOH IDK, there are some firearms in the UK of course, and UK drill music expounds at length upon the glories of shooting people... but a quick glance at the statistics suggests there aren't nearly enough gun homicides in the UK for that to be much more than a power fantasy most of the time. Besides, it's fun to make machine gun noises with your mouth---at least so long as they're not too realistic....

#30402 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 March 2024 - 05:20 PM

It's finally over, I think. They got busted trying to bug out.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#30403 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 25 March 2024 - 05:27 PM

I got let go from my job this morning.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#30404 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 25 March 2024 - 05:30 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 25 March 2024 - 05:27 PM, said:

Fuck that's shitty, I hope you bounce back from this soon.

#30405 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 March 2024 - 06:32 PM

Crap. So sorry Bliss, that sucks.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#30406 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 March 2024 - 06:34 PM

Ah man that's awful. Sorry that this has happened to you. Here's hoping for a quick rebound into something better.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#30407 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 March 2024 - 07:42 PM

Health insurance in the United States: your employer can fire you... unless certain special criteria are met and you sue.

we did not evolve to have "jobs." we evolved to live in a group of like 20-30 people who mostly hung out. you'd shoot the shit and pick some berries and draw a fat horse on a cave wall and that was your day.

Spoiler

i bless the rains down in castamere on X: "we did not evolve to have "jobs." we evolved to live in a group of like 20-30 people who mostly hung out. you'd shoot the shit and pick some berries and draw a fat horse on a cave wall and that was your day."

#30408 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 25 March 2024 - 08:08 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 25 March 2024 - 07:42 PM, said:

Health insurance in the United States: your employer can fire you... unless certain special criteria are met and you sue.

we did not evolve to have "jobs." we evolved to live in a group of like 20-30 people who mostly hung out. you'd shoot the shit and pick some berries and draw a fat horse on a cave wall and that was your day.

Spoiler

i bless the rains down in castamere on X: "we did not evolve to have "jobs." we evolved to live in a group of like 20-30 people who mostly hung out. you'd shoot the shit and pick some berries and draw a fat horse on a cave wall and that was your day."

Yeah, and I'm reading that I may not qualify for unemployment because my boss is calling it "performance". My ass, he just is sick of my health problems.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#30409 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 26 March 2024 - 01:24 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 25 March 2024 - 08:08 PM, said:

Spoiler

Yeah, and I'm reading that I may not qualify for unemployment because my boss is calling it "performance". My ass, he just is sick of my health problems.

Why do companies do this? It’s not like the money comes out of their pocket.

#30410 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 March 2024 - 06:48 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 25 March 2024 - 02:09 AM, said:

Fainted and fractured ribs this weekend I could have been dehydrated but seeing the neurologist tomorrow.

Spoiler

That's utterly fucked LB. Burn the place down on the way out. :p
I hope you have had decent medical treatment and are feeling better with a good prognosis.

View PostCause, on 26 March 2024 - 01:24 AM, said:

Spoiler
Why do companies do this? It’s not like the money comes out of their pocket.

Because poorly regulated capitalism, in the land of the fee and the home of the slave*.

* yes I am aware slavery was/is practiced in many other countries, it just fits the motif.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 26 March 2024 - 06:51 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#30411 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 March 2024 - 08:41 AM

Holy hell.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#30412 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 26 March 2024 - 11:33 AM

Spoiler

Please consider contacting Disability Rights Texas. It's free legal assistance that may cross over into employment advocacy if they take the case.

https://disabilityri...y-for-services/
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#30413 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 26 March 2024 - 12:37 PM

View Postamphibian, on 26 March 2024 - 11:33 AM, said:

Spoiler

Please consider contacting Disability Rights Texas. It's free legal assistance that may cross over into employment advocacy if they take the case.

https://disabilityri...y-for-services/

I’ll check this out.

#30414 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:27 AM

Sorry to read this LB. I hope you find something suitable soon.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#30415 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 08 April 2024 - 07:39 AM

Took car out yesterday, it was fine for the early part of the journey, halfway in it starts making idling scooter sounding low pops and this morning the ignition sounds... uhhhhh... squishy? Need to get it checked.

Fucking thing only passed MOT the other week and of COURSE it's just out of warranty now.

#30416 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 11 April 2024 - 07:58 AM

I'm getting cynical. There's a guy next door with a van, spoke to him briefly as he's parked over our drive but ostensibly he's there to measure their back door which was damages and then I suppose replace it. But the van despite having equipment is unmakred, no company signs etc, the guy is Eastern Euro, so I'm inwardly like, are you in on this whole thing? We gotta get out of this area...

#30417 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 April 2024 - 01:19 PM

on the other hand a lot of companies and tradesmen don't sign write their vans anymore because so many are being broken into to have tools stolen

#30418 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 April 2024 - 04:06 PM

Something that amuses me with how much I travel for work:

A 3 star hotel is cheaper and will throw in breakfast for free. They will also have a wide selection of drinks, snacks to buy in the lobby.

A 4 star hotel is more expensive because they have a decent restaurant which you are welcome to spend 30 dollars at a day for a breakfast. they sell drinks l, snacks in the lobby but usually a very limited selection. Presumably to encourage you to use the fancy bar or restaurant.

In the one hand I understand it but on the other hand it also seems a little silly.

#30419 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 April 2024 - 05:22 PM

View PostCause, on 14 April 2024 - 04:06 PM, said:

A 3 star hotel is cheaper and will throw in breakfast for free. They will also have a wide selection of drinks, snacks to buy in the lobby.

A 4 star hotel is more expensive because they have a decent restaurant which you are welcome to spend 30 dollars at a day for a breakfast. they sell drinks l, snacks in the lobby but usually a very limited selection. Presumably to encourage you to use the fancy bar or restaurant.

In the one hand I understand it but on the other hand it also seems a little silly.

And there's also the minibar... which may be more expensive than the restaurants.

And room service, for an extra fee....

#30420 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 14 April 2024 - 06:13 PM

View PostCause, on 14 April 2024 - 04:06 PM, said:

The higher up one goes into society, the more one is expected to care for your needs or pay higher prices for doing so in a way that people see as fitting the level of where they are.

This means the chips and cookies and corn syrup drinks go away at the higher price points and expectations that one has dinner reservations elsewhere come in.

Hotels in general are fairly decent at optimizing towards those who stay with them.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users