• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#29841 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 June 2023 - 09:36 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 22 June 2023 - 09:14 PM, said:

Gotta ask: how can you not check your texts? It's like, right there on your phone? :ermm:

First of all, it was sent to my Android phone, which is generally only for emergencies, audiobooks, and Android-only apps. Most of the time I use my iPhone.

Secondly I always have do not disturb on, so I don't get any notification when I receive a text or call, and I get a ton of telemarketing junk texts. But I do have exceptions for emergency contacts.

Come to think I should add my apartment's office to that exception list....

#29842 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 23 June 2023 - 12:48 AM

I think shifting your housing related communications to your primary phone is the best move. It's your housing...

Sorry about the crap that's floating around longer than you thought.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#29843 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 June 2023 - 04:55 AM

I feel like that shit is in the wrong thread

#29844 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2023 - 02:41 PM

I don’t really do Twitter so I have no clue why The Musk, Pres Clock Watcher, and JK Rowling continue to tag me making my phone vibrate.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#29845 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 June 2023 - 02:48 PM

Our TV went for a shit (backlight is toast). It's an older Panasonic LED (probably 2013 or 2014 IIRC) so almost a decade old and I can't ask more of the old girl....and the backlight has given me grief a few times in the last few months so I know it was "going"....but it's gone now I think. Been black screened for days.

So I'm annoyed. I'm not annoyed it went, I'm annoyed because researching a new TV is a fucking PAIN.

Found a Sony X80K I'll probably spring for. You can't go wrong with Sony really, and I have issues with diving too far into the budget brands.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29846 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2023 - 03:19 PM

You need to make sure that Sony has HDMI 2.1 slots. Sony was playing catch up with that when I was looking which blew my mind considering they do umm PlayStation.

I will recommend LG TVs. I’m happy with mine and the remote is divine and sturdy as my offspring constantly drop it and it’s still aces.

#29847 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 June 2023 - 03:26 PM

It definitely sucks when a TV has like 4 HDMI ports but only one of them is 2.1 and the rest are from 1994.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#29848 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2023 - 03:31 PM

Yes and always check your phone 1st cause the sales rep will fucking lie and say it does when it doesn’t. I found thag out the hard way. That was a bitch reboxing that 75in tv and getting it back up there.

#29849 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 June 2023 - 03:34 PM

View PostBriar King, on 23 June 2023 - 03:19 PM, said:

You need to make sure that Sony has HDMI 2.1 slots. Sony was playing catch up with that when I was looking which blew my mind considering they do umm PlayStation.

I will recommend LG TVs. I’m happy with mine and the remote is divine and sturdy as my offspring constantly drop it and it’s still aces.

View Postworry, on 23 June 2023 - 03:26 PM, said:

It definitely sucks when a TV has like 4 HDMI ports but only one of them is 2.1 and the rest are from 1994.

Well, shit, the one I was looking at has 4 ports, and NONE are 2.1....thanks guys, I'll keep looking. I HATE tv shopping...

What LG one do you have BK?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 June 2023 - 03:35 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29850 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2023 - 03:38 PM

Mine is a 2020 model Nano95 something.

And yeah see isn’t it fucking weird for Sony of all makers to do that since they are in the console industry?

#29851 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 June 2023 - 04:15 PM

View PostBriar King, on 23 June 2023 - 03:38 PM, said:

And yeah see isn’t it fucking weird for Sony of all makers to do that since they are in the console industry?

Yeah, for real. I've added the port demands to my list when I search. Thanks again for the heads up.

#29852 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2023 - 10:41 PM

So yesterday we rescued a Australian Cattle pup from the pound and they won’t let us take him till after they fix him on Wednesday and they are demanding a name since are changing it from their random pick for the chip info. They want that done to so I guess fuck us if we can actually get to know the personality 1st..

I’m also a bit pissed being rushed into this by the family only a week after getting my 15 year old big buddy boy Rocky put down. I need time to grieve for him not rushed to fill his absence but I think they needed it this way.

I’m going to be the one cleaning up piss and shit off these still shiny new floor planks.

#29853 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 June 2023 - 12:07 AM

View PostBriar King, on 23 June 2023 - 10:41 PM, said:

So yesterday we rescued a Australian Cattle pup from the pound and they won’t let us take him till after they fix him on Wednesday and they are demanding a name since are changing it from their random pick for the chip info. They want that done to so I guess fuck us if we can actually get to know the personality 1st..

Duh - Blue/y if it's a blue, and Red/Koko/Coco if it's a red. Very traditional.

I’m also a bit pissed being rushed into this by the family only a week after getting my 15 year old big buddy boy Rocky put down. I need time to grieve for him not rushed to fill his absence but I think they needed it this way.

Yeah you always think "never again" but then the new one looks at you with those eyes and you pat them for the first time ...

I’m going to be the one cleaning up piss and shit off these still shiny new floor planks.

It was ever thus.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 24 June 2023 - 12:07 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#29854 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 24 June 2023 - 12:12 AM

Shit it’s been a battle here of naming. Some leaders are Blue(yes he’s blue), Ghost, Xeno, Dexter, Comet, Dino, Rex, Optimus *sigh, Taz, Apollo…

Just fuck me chip people let us get the fucking home and give us time to inform yall after we get to know the little fucker.

#29855 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 24 June 2023 - 12:52 AM

Was doing some forum catch up. QT I’m sorry man! I know how rough that is.

#29856 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 24 June 2023 - 01:03 AM

I have a blue Aussie cattle dog. He's mostly black with a bunch of grey and a white undercoat. His name is Yeti, which fits perfectly with a Nepali household.

#29857 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 24 June 2023 - 01:10 AM

Does its ears wolf out naturally without snipping them? All pictures we see have them like that but this fella has fairly floppy ones. Idk if that is natural at young age.

All research says they are highly intelligent and trainable. I’m going to attempt to get him used to walking alongside the golf cart.

Also I’m kind of excited to throw him in the bed of the truck. Rocky was crippled since he was a puppy after getting his back leg crushed by a car so that was never possible with him.

This post has been edited by Briar King: 24 June 2023 - 01:28 AM

#29858 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 24 June 2023 - 12:20 PM

View PostBriar King, on 24 June 2023 - 12:12 AM, said:

Shit it’s been a battle here of naming. Some leaders are Blue(yes he’s blue), Ghost, Xeno, Dexter, Comet, Dino, Rex, Optimus *sigh, Taz, Apollo…

Just fuck me chip people let us get the fucking home and give us time to inform yall after we get to know the little fucker.

I like Dexter
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#29859 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 June 2023 - 03:35 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 June 2023 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 23 June 2023 - 03:38 PM, said:

Yeah, for real. I've added the port demands to my list when I search. Thanks again for the heads up.

Seconding LG. Have two, v happy w them.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29860 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 25 June 2023 - 04:45 PM

View PostBriar King, on 24 June 2023 - 01:10 AM, said:

Does its ears wolf out naturally without snipping them? All pictures we see have them like that but this fella has fairly floppy ones. Idk if that is natural at young age.

All research says they are highly intelligent and trainable. I’m going to attempt to get him used to walking alongside the golf cart.

Also I’m kind of excited to throw him in the bed of the truck. Rocky was crippled since he was a puppy after getting his back leg crushed by a car so that was never possible with him.

They're floppy early and then the muscle control develops to get them upright. Some kinda lose the ability to go floppy again, while others keep it.

I'd be keeping the dog in the cab of the truck rather than the bed. So much safer, especially if anything happens to the driver (accident etc).

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users