• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#29361 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 03 January 2023 - 08:02 PM

Going back to AI picture prompts (not art, cos it ain't), there's been some stuff I've seen recently that's relevant to that specific topic:

Redclaw🦖🔞 DinoVtuber on Twitter: "Said it once, and I'll say it again, Fuck AI "art" and their "artists" (it is not art and they are not artists. They're art incels who punch in requests into a damn calculator)" / Twitter

DiggyVT: Necropunk Illustrator on Twitter: "AI art engines are fascinating, hell even amazing under the right pretenses. Entering prompts, however- does not make you an artist. Until you put in the work you will never be an artist. You're a glorified keyword engine tuner at most. https://t.co/1ctQqot74m" / Twitter
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#29362 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 04 January 2023 - 12:58 AM

Hey guys, I feel like an ass to ask this, but I am getting desperate and I don’t know what else to do…. Rght now I am paid up on January bills, but can’t afford February or to go to any of my follow up dr appointments let alone the surgery that I need. If you can help at all I appreciate it, but I won’t judge if you can’t. A lot of people are in a bad place right now.

Go Fund Me
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#29363 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 04 January 2023 - 01:02 AM

No work at all in Nov. I just paid Dec. rent last week. Sorry LB. Messing with my groove. Ken Block died in a snowmobile accident Monday.

#29364 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 04 January 2023 - 01:06 AM

View Postbubba, on 04 January 2023 - 01:02 AM, said:

No work at all in Nov. I just paid Dec. rent last week. Sorry LB. Messing with my groove. Ken Block died in a snowmobile accident Monday.

So sorry to hear that Bubba…. It has been a really tough time for a lot of people… *hugs*
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#29365 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 January 2023 - 07:26 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 04 January 2023 - 12:58 AM, said:

Hey guys, I feel like an ass to ask this, but I am getting desperate and I don’t know what else to do…. Rght now I am paid up on January bills, but can’t afford February or to go to any of my follow up dr appointments let alone the surgery that I need. If you can help at all I appreciate it, but I won’t judge if you can’t. A lot of people are in a bad place right now.

Go Fund Me

I'm really sorry and it's not too much to ask. I donated and I am rooting for you.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#29366 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 06 January 2023 - 11:09 PM

Just had a potential client call me, drunk to let me know he was fired and that his boss is trying to steal all his work and I shouldn’t work with him.

Put me in a black mood. I don’t know the details at all. But it sucks because it hurt to be in that position where someone you don’t know calls you in pain and it also sucks because it’s my first week of 2023 and I’m marshaling all my plans for the year and this is now a hole in my plan.

#29367 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 January 2023 - 06:43 PM

Just overwhelmed as per usual by life stuff stacked on top of itself from various arenas. Having a shitty day.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29368 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 09 January 2023 - 07:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 January 2023 - 06:43 PM, said:

Just overwhelmed as per usual by life stuff stacked on top of itself from various arenas. Having a shitty day.

Same! Family visiting, girlfriend on crutches, surgery, whole-floor replacement on second floor, boxes and furniture stacked up in living room, work, moving, money out — all in a 2 week span. Agh!

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 09 January 2023 - 07:31 PM

#29369 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 January 2023 - 01:08 PM

Was up all night (night before last) with my son as he was throwing up from about 1AM onwards every hour or so....some kind of stomach bug. Stayed home with him yesterday and the poor lad just laid on the couch and watched his cartoons and barely moved except to drink water and later in the day eat popsicles. He's feeling better today, but it still sucks when the wee ones are ill.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 January 2023 - 01:08 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29370 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 11 January 2023 - 05:31 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 January 2023 - 01:08 PM, said:

Was up all night (night before last) with my son as he was throwing up from about 1AM onwards every hour or so....some kind of stomach bug. Stayed home with him yesterday and the poor lad just laid on the couch and watched his cartoons and barely moved except to drink water and later in the day eat popsicles. He's feeling better today, but it still sucks when the wee ones are ill.

Ugh it's the worst. All three of mine have been not well in varying states and severities for a while now - they seem to keep giving each other stuff and we keep catching it from them. It's awful when they don't stop coughing etc. Hope he gets better soon!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29371 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 January 2023 - 05:38 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 11 January 2023 - 05:31 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 January 2023 - 01:08 PM, said:

Ugh it's the worst. All three of mine have been not well in varying states and severities for a while now - they seem to keep giving each other stuff and we keep catching it from them. It's awful when they don't stop coughing etc. Hope he gets better soon!

Thanks, you too!

Yeah, the petrie dish that is School/Aftercare and Home just goes on and on....Wife and I can USUALLY kick the stuff they bring home fairly quickly, but we can always tell when our bodies are fighting it off too.

Annoying.

Also, we will have one of my sons friends and his parents over and mid-playdate the parents will be like "Oh yeah, _______ had a fever yesterday, but he's fine now though."

Wait what? Goddamit this is how shit spreads people! If your kid had a fever yesterday, I'd rather he not have a playdate at ours today...this ain't hard.

#29372 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 January 2023 - 09:05 PM

Back to work today.

Fuck. :(
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#29373 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 January 2023 - 09:19 PM

Heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou has left the UFC, apparently because they refused to pay him enough.

MMA community reacts to Francis Ngannou's shock exit from the UFC - Bloody Elbow

Just as light heavyweight GOAT but all-around terrible person Jon Jones is about to make his heavyweight debut. (Jones benefited tremendously at light heavyweight from having freakishly long arms that gave him an absurd reach advantage over the vast majority of opponents at the same weight---an advantage he generally won't have at heavyweight.)

Aside from Jones, Ngannou beat just about all the current credible top contenders. On the bright side, I expect Cyril Gane will put on a kickboxing clinic against Jones... but since Ngannou defeated Gane, Gane as champion will be a bit anticlimactic. Still not going to root for Jones. Since Jones loves to rake eyes, it could even end with a foul and a rematch, then another foul and rematch... by then Jones will probably have rammed his car into another pregnant woman while drunk and high out of his mind, and try to ride off into the sunset again before the police can arrive....

[edit: actually Pavlovich has been on a tear at heavyweight (after his debut loss to Ubereem) and Ngannou never fought him---his reach is 84 inches vs 84.5 for Jon Jones and I imagine he'll probably fight the winner of Jones-Ganes if Ngannou doesn't return]

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 15 January 2023 - 09:49 PM

#29374 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 January 2023 - 09:57 PM

Incidentally: Pavlovich 'is considered to be the MMA fighter with the largest Ape index, of +9.0"', 'a measure of the ratio of an individual's arm span relative to their height'. Though he's about inch shorter than Jones. If Jones makes it past Gane, that will be an interesting fight. Though Pavlovich is still apparently fighting out of Russia on Team Eagles MMA Moscow....

#29375 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 16 January 2023 - 02:09 PM

Bought a new car a couple of weeks ago. It got delivered to our house on Tuesday morning.

On Wednesday morning the bin lorry backed into it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#29376 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 January 2023 - 02:19 PM

Oh man, I'd be pissed. And now you'll have to chase them to pay for fixing it too. Do you have exterior cameras on your home that caught them backing into it?

#29377 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 January 2023 - 02:28 PM

Just googled what the hell a bin lorry was.

That sucks.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#29378 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 January 2023 - 02:46 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 16 January 2023 - 02:28 PM, said:

Just googled what the hell a bin lorry was.

That sucks.

The US terminology is a bit more... pungent.

Garbage truck.

#29379 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 16 January 2023 - 04:01 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 January 2023 - 02:19 PM, said:

Oh man, I'd be pissed. And now you'll have to chase them to pay for fixing it too. Do you have exterior cameras on your home that caught them backing into it?

Fortunately the driver knocked on our door to own up to it and his boss came out to take pictures and share insurance details. So they have taken full liability and their claims handler has already been in touch to arrange a full repair through a local garage. But I'm definitely going to buy some cameras and get our driveway fixed up so we can move the car next to the house.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#29380 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 January 2023 - 05:36 PM

View PostGorefest, on 16 January 2023 - 04:01 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 January 2023 - 02:19 PM, said:

Fortunately the driver knocked on our door to own up to it and his boss came out to take pictures and share insurance details. So they have taken full liability and their claims handler has already been in touch to arrange a full repair through a local garage. But I'm definitely going to buy some cameras and get our driveway fixed up so we can move the car next to the house.

Oh well that's good news at least then. Still sucks, but sucks less than it could have if they hadn't owned up to it. Good on them really.

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users