• You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#28541 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 19 March 2022 - 04:39 PM

i caught the plague and it sucks.

not as bad as say the yearly flu/pneumonia i used to get that would total me for 2 weeks before i worked remotely but still awful.

Silver lining is I will have "super Immunity" once im over it since im already triple boosted. Doc said I can get re-infected by only by different strains.

#28542 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 March 2022 - 12:08 PM

Parenting through night time toilet training. It's not going well. New low last night. Got woken up by him with a fever at 2am, he had wet the bed. He got in with us feeling sad and ill. 6am he pisses in our bed too! And our bed does not have rubber sheets!! And we're all ill with a not covid cold and I can't get in my bed as it's drying. I'm so sick of doing laundry!

Not wetting yourself in the night is just a "nice to have" life skill, right?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#28543 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 March 2022 - 01:43 PM

PAL Region Coding Bullshit through ITV is going to prevent me from watching HORNBLOWER after I finish all of SHARPE (which is thankfully in HD on Britbox though Amazon Prime)...because the A&E NTSC DVD version is apparently trash, and watching the PAL DVD's or BluRay would be...a task.

What is up with ITV not keeping their back catalogue stuff on streaming services?

Nevermind, it appears some lovely person in 2017 uploaded all eight episodes in their HD form to Youtube. Huzzah!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 21 March 2022 - 03:53 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28544 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 March 2022 - 06:47 PM

Trying to cut down on caffeine and drink a glass of water before each cup of coffee (if not close to meals---in that case it can contribute to acid overflow into the esophagus) and/or water it down and sip it slowly... sleepy AF.

Breaking up my two large meals into smaller ones hasn't been so bad, though food packaging can make it a bit inconvenient, especially for seafood.

Also switched from dried wasabi edamame to bland chickpeas with ginger and pumpkin seeds. Not sure exactly what triggers my acid reflux, so my strategy now is to do (almost) everything possible to reduce it and then try adding things back in.

Successfully managed to go without H2 blockers (specifically famotidine, active ingredient in Pepcid AC) without noticing acid reflux symptoms so far. Vague warnings about possible side effects for the kindeys and manufacturers recommending use for no more than two weeks had me concerned. Might not be a significant issue though (unless I go on certain medications):

'Are there risks to using H2 blockers? Cimetidine may interfere with the absorption of anticoagulants (blood thinners), antidepressants, and blood pressure medications. But Dr. Staller says generally speaking, there are no long- or short-term health risks of using H2 blockers. "The bigger issues," he explains, "are that H2 blockers aren't always effective at acid suppression, and over time they may not work as well as the body gets used to them."'

https://www.health.h...dication-update

Then again they may still have negative long-term side effects. Took a long time for the association between Zantac (another non-prescription acid suppresser) and cancer to come to light (and for many of those years I was using it... though iirc I have yet to see any of the (meager) money from the class action settlement).

#28545 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 21 March 2022 - 11:00 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 20 March 2022 - 12:08 PM, said:

Parenting through night time toilet training. It's not going well. New low last night. Got woken up by him with a fever at 2am, he had wet the bed. He got in with us feeling sad and ill. 6am he pisses in our bed too! And our bed does not have rubber sheets!! And we're all ill with a not covid cold and I can't get in my bed as it's drying. I'm so sick of doing laundry!

Not wetting yourself in the night is just a "nice to have" life skill, right?

Potty training is no fun to be sure. I used the pull ups at night, and didn’t really push it until my kids were “ready”. I found the battle just wasn’t worth it, but they seem well adjusted.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#28546 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 22 March 2022 - 06:30 AM

Bollocks. The non covid cold is covid. Kid wasn't allowed back to school without a negative PCR test and it came back with the wrong answer. He was PCR positive in October too. My LFT tests keep being negative but the burning lungs and throat might be a giveaway.

#28547 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 March 2022 - 12:07 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 22 March 2022 - 06:30 AM, said:

Bollocks. The non covid cold is covid. Kid wasn't allowed back to school without a negative PCR test and it came back with the wrong answer. He was PCR positive in October too. My LFT tests keep being negative but the burning lungs and throat might be a giveaway.

That sucks, hopefully you all mend soon. None of that is ever fun. Our son just got over Hand Foot Mouth, which made him utterly miserable for a few days. Poor wee lad.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28548 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 23 March 2022 - 03:38 PM

Had a seizure this morning and am at the ER now. Not a fun day.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#28549 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 23 March 2022 - 07:06 PM

Hope you are ok Bliss!

I've been doing a lot of aimless phone scrolling whilst incubating my Omicron particles and I have accidentally made the Facebook algorithm think that I like Twilight style werewolf fan fiction. I read one, it was too awful to stop and now my feed is an absolute horror show of aroused teen werewolves! That and vegetable growing tips.

#28550 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 23 March 2022 - 07:13 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 23 March 2022 - 07:06 PM, said:

Hope you are ok Bliss!

I've been doing a lot of aimless phone scrolling whilst incubating my Omicron particles and I have accidentally made the Facebook algorithm think that I like Twilight style werewolf fan fiction. I read one, it was too awful to stop and now my feed is an absolute horror show of aroused teen werewolves! That and vegetable growing tips.

Well, my ct scan and blood work turned out ok, but I did get prescribed a seizure medication since this was my 5th one in 2 years. Hopefully that gets things under control. Luckily I know the signs that one is approaching now, so I know to lie down on the floor with a pillow, and my son was home to call 911.

#28551 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 March 2022 - 07:49 PM

Any idea what's causing the seizures? Scary that it can just happen randomly.

#28552 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 23 March 2022 - 08:32 PM

View PostAptorian, on 23 March 2022 - 07:49 PM, said:

Any idea what's causing the seizures? Scary that it can just happen randomly.

The main theory is severe insomnia and stress

#28553 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 March 2022 - 11:11 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 23 March 2022 - 03:38 PM, said:

That’s scary! Hope you’re okay and they help prevent any more.

#28554 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 23 March 2022 - 11:51 PM

Sounds nasty, lady bliss. Sleep is indeed very imoortant as well as frustratingly elusive.

Didnt think I'd see the day, but I have finally succumbed to the covid bug as well. Tested positive this evening. Just feels like a nasty head cold so far, really. Fingers crossed it wont get worse. I worry for my wife, who is currently on steroid treatment.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#28555 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 24 March 2022 - 12:17 AM

Damn Bliss, that really sucks.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#28556 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 March 2022 - 02:49 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 23 March 2022 - 03:38 PM, said:

Yikes that's terrifying glad you're getting help!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28557 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 March 2022 - 08:50 AM

Today it's the continued existence of Rishi Sunak doing my nut in.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28558 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 March 2022 - 07:18 AM

Taylor Hawkins died

#28559 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 26 March 2022 - 10:41 AM

View PostMacros, on 26 March 2022 - 07:18 AM, said:

Taylor Hawkins died

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#28560 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 26 March 2022 - 03:30 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 26 March 2022 - 10:41 AM, said:

View PostMacros, on 26 March 2022 - 07:18 AM, said:

Taylor Hawkins died

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Fighters!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream