• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#27741 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 March 2021 - 02:37 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 22 March 2021 - 07:25 AM, said:

Buying a place, selling our old place, and having an unprecedented workload at the office too, all the while having to deal with this pandemic. It's getting to me a little bit.

I can imagine it would be hard to stay sane with that amount of things going on. Here's hoping you make it through okay. A new place will be something to look forward to!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27742 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 22 March 2021 - 08:49 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 22 March 2021 - 08:55 AM, said:

Buying a place, and having an unprecedented workload at the office too

This plus looming law reform that might put my practice area largely out of a job. Stressed is an understatement.

You should totally get a dog. Maybe two.

Also, kids.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#27743 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:57 PM

View PostAbyss, on 22 March 2021 - 08:49 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 22 March 2021 - 08:55 AM, said:

Buying a place, and having an unprecedented workload at the office too

This plus looming law reform that might put my practice area largely out of a job. Stressed is an understatement.

You should totally get a dog. Maybe two.

Also, kids.

I prefer kots
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#27744 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:50 PM

So....fun story. After my MIL passed away, a number of friends and co-workers sent my wife UberEats Gift Cards...(nearly $300 worth I think?)....so she starts an account (we've never used UberEats before...I don't much care for Uber-anything) and loads the gift card money onto it. It become Uber Cash or whatever in the payment portion of the app. She also puts in her PayPal account as you need a non-gift card form of payment listed.

Done.

We ordered one dinner of food (some Nandos) the day after she passed so no one would have to cook. It came, but it didn't SEEM to use the gift card money. We checked the next day and it had used it. I found out later it uses your gift card money after the whole transaction is over...and it doesn't show up right away.

Then about a week later we try to order some Thai and it says "Payment method invalid. Please check billing"....so we do....nothing wrong, the PayPal link is there, and the gift card money all there. Should be no problem. Restart the app. Try again. Same message. Delete the app, reinstall, try again. No dice.

So my wife contacts UberEats support through the app (I've since learned that their customer service is largely Bots copy pasting protocols and not real people)....they tell her they will look into it. They supposedly fix the issue.

We attempt to order food. Same issue.

So she then contacts them on FB, and they ask her to follow up in a DM and spell out what's wrong. She does so. They send a message saying that she's violated the T&C and is not getting access to her account back.

She asks what part of the T&C she violated (as we literally did nothing that would violate anything....we tried to order food)...they refuse to say (not sure if this is a Bot as well).

So she emails them, tells them that this was money people gave because her mother died....same result and same suspension that will "not be lifted. Have a Nice day!"

At this point I tell her to message the people who gave the gift card money and tell them to put a Credit Card chargeback on the cost and get their money back from UberEats...which I have to assume they are doing.

But yeah...then I looked up this issue and it's happening to a LOT of people, and you can't get anywhere with customer service, and they don't tell you why.

Lastly, we have friends who are lawyers and one of them was like "If they are not allowing you access to a paid for service (Gift card funds) and they have not pointed you at the specific rules you broke, then they are well in the wrong and can be sued".

So yea....fuck UberEats...we will stick with DoorDash and SkipTheDishes from here on out. Uber is a garbage company.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 March 2021 - 02:52 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27745 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:31 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 March 2021 - 02:50 PM, said:

So....fun story. After my MIL passed away, a number of friends and co-workers sent my wife UberEats Gift Cards...(nearly $300 worth I think?)....so she starts an account (we've never used UberEats before...I don't much care for Uber-anything) and loads the gift card money onto it. It become Uber Cash or whatever in the payment portion of the app. She also puts in her PayPal account as you need a non-gift card form of payment listed.

So yea....fuck UberEats...we will stick with DoorDash and SkipTheDishes from here on out. Uber is a garbage company.

Go to war on Twitter. They have actual humans who monitor the feed.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#27746 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:46 PM

View PostAbyss, on 23 March 2021 - 03:31 PM, said:

Yeah, should do.

#27747 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:13 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 March 2021 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 23 March 2021 - 03:31 PM, said:

Yeah, should do.

I would have thought a lack of feed was the problem. ;)

Seriously though, people - stop using Uber anything. And most of the clones too. Either pick the stuff up yourself or use somewhere that employs their own delivery people. If you simply cannot live without something from that Thai place 45 mins away then either re-evaluate your expectations or go there and make a trip/night out of it.
Uber and their ilk are destroying the casual and part-time workforce, fucking on the food producers and you're paying them a shit-ton more for the privilege. Just stop.
While I'm at it, same goes for Amazon. There are alternatives, you don't even have to Google them. There's always duckduckgo or ... Bing. (OK yeah I probably went too far with that last bit ...) :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27748 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:56 AM

Having had my vaccine I can heartily recommend Bing

#27749 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 March 2021 - 02:30 PM

View PostMacros, on 24 March 2021 - 10:56 AM, said:

Having had my vaccine I can heartily recommend Bing

Bloody Bill Gates in the bloodstream!

#27750 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 March 2021 - 03:13 PM

I don’t know if I overthink it or not but I try not to tell work colleagues I had cancer. Now it’s was all over really quick back in 2017, and the chance of recurrence is like 1% but people don’t hear that. I’m worried they will just hear CANCER. I don’t want to be not hired, or passed over for promotion on even the slight chance that someone thinks I might suddenly need months of sick leave because they are picturing me going bald from months of chemo.

It possible I’m being overly cautious I don’t know, but once a year I’m supposed to get a bunch of blood tests, sonograms, ct scans etc and I delayed due to covid so suddenly I have asked for a ton of time off this month to get this all done. My boss hasn’t asked any questions but I can kinda tell he wants to, I told him it’s all routine tests but I also told him I needed time off to get vaccinated which he knows means I got it early.

I really don’t know if this is me being silly or not. It does kinda go back to my first job post PhD though. I had the job interview the day after chemo and was told I’d be fine and not to cancel. Morning of I felt nauseous as hell, had a great interview but whole time I was worried I was gonna vomit on the inference table. At the end of the interview they asked me if there was any reason I wouldn’t be able to take the job. Standard question I guess and at the time I was technically done with all my medical stuff so it wasn’t a lie to say no but I always felt guilty for not mentioning it and it always seemed wierd to then bring up later oh yeah I had cancer the day before you interviewed me but technically not the day of.

This post has been edited by Cause: 24 March 2021 - 03:15 PM

#27751 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:03 PM

I don't think it's a silly concern at all. You do have to hope and rely on people's scruples in that circumstance. Now hopefully it's way more likely than not to be a non-issue wherever you find yourself. But an off chance is still a chance, and it's never out of place to worry at least a little.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#27752 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:36 PM

Note: I am a lawyer but I am not your lawyer.

In that situation in most places my clients have worked, I would not advise them to disclose that information unless something is coming up that would require time off, changes to work policies regarding you (changes in times worked to facilitate treatment or recovery), or changes in your physical environment. These are often called reasonable accommodations.

The labor protections, treatment of employment discrimination, and general workplace traditions here in the US are not as robust as they are in other countries. This means that unfortunately, people do have to deal with those kinds of concerns.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#27753 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 March 2021 - 12:40 AM

My aunt and uncle both positive for Covid. They live in SA so I dunno what the healthcare is like down there. Apparently they've not got bad symptoms but still there's worry for us...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#27754 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:22 AM

If they have money and medical insurance health care is alright.

#27755 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 March 2021 - 06:25 AM

3 day lockdown while contact tracers do their thing with a mini-cluster we have going.

I guess we'll just wait and see, eh?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27756 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 29 March 2021 - 08:03 PM

Was bidding on a used / 'excellent condition' microphone today on eBay, with 'like-new / open box' at B&H as my back-up plan. Price + shipping got close enough to B&H I gave up on bidding and rushed to buy it there instead before they sold it (especially since I might want to return it, and B&H seems more trustworthy than random eBay sellers), to be told at checkout... their online checkout is closed until 8:45 PM for Pesach (Passover). By that time eBay bidding was over. I've been wasting far too much time trying to shop for microphones online without actually testing them myself....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 29 March 2021 - 08:05 PM

#27757 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:51 AM

Managed to get the used microphone at B&H at 8:45 PM before someone else bought it... expedited shipping from NYC, thought it would arrive soon. Nope, they're going to remain closed for Passover until Monday, not shipping anything until then.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 30 March 2021 - 12:51 AM

#27758 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 03 April 2021 - 03:05 PM

Upped my exercise count to try and remove some of the combined winter christmas lockdown working-from-home timber.
1. I loathe exercise.
2. I'm bloody starving.
3. Everything hurts.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#27759 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:37 PM

Well shit, with springtime comfortably settled in, pot tourism is back with a vengeance this year. Over the past couple of weekends I've seen out of state license plates - Mississippi, Florida, Wyoming, Nebraska, Virginia, North Carolina, Idaho, Texas, Tennessee, and many more I can't remember. These amateurs aren't prepared for this smoke and consequently cause the roads and public spaces and life to drop in quality.

The national trend is towards more and more states legalizing the Devil's lettuce, but gonna be awhile until they get their economies and businesses up and running. Everyone knows we have the best nugz. Well, us and California.

#27760 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:04 PM

They're killing off Yahoo Answers. Sad day for admirers of weirdos, doofuses, and everything in between.

The GOAT:

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users