• 1521 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#1 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

• For Pony!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

Cos I couldn't find the old one.... here it is again... the whinging thread :p

My groove is messed with my the pigeon and possibly also a possum outside my window at bloody 6:30am this morning waking me up :p I only went to bed at 1:30am-ish, I did not want to be up at this hour!!!
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges

#2 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:07 AM

You think thats bad! I went to bed at about 3am, and at 6am my pop rings me up to see how I'm going. I'. polite enough considering the rudeness of the call. So I get back to sleep, and half an hour later my Nan calls me up! Unbelievable!

#3 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

I missed this thread too, I love whinging so much :p The phone should never be answered between the hours of midnight and 8am. It's either somebody drunk, somebody who likes getting up early or somebody with bad news. Either way, nobody who is worth speaking to :p

Messing with my groove, mental block on my work that I need to finish to take to a conference :p I've got a load of data that is just numbers but I need to make it visually appealing. How can you make a spreadsheet visually appealing?!?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#4 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

Ive got to write an english essay for tomorrow. Blast. Shouldnt have left it for two weeks. And on friday I have a media exam which I havent even begun to study for. Ah well.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#5 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

Dehydrogenation of Methyl-cyclohexane is taking my groove and raping it sideways through a thornbush. Stupid crazy pointless Catalysis Engineering :p
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#6 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:55 PM

Ugh, organic chemistry, I feel for you, Brood. Studied the basics of it for two years, horrible stuff, some of it.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#7 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

Goddamn retarded cleaner talking to me now! He stands and stares at me until I'm uncomfortable enough to make eye contact and then he talks about shit long after I have stopped even pretending to listen. I'm all for giving jobs to the mentally impaired but why do they have to talk to me EVERY DAY?! Between him and the other cleaner who is mute but still likes to tell convoluted stories (using all manner of communication methods), I have to run a gauntlet around my department each day.

#8 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:47 PM

Ah, cleaners. I have real trouble with them too, and they're not even mentally handicapped.
Every time our regular cleaner walks in while I'm still working, she starts up the same boring story of how she loves to read all kinds of boring bad romantic books, just because I've admitted to love reading once (but not the genre). Or the day's horoscope... I wish she would follow them up for once and NOT talk to strangers, dammit. Would make my day a lot more relaxed.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#9 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

View PostLisheo, on Oct 15 2008, 01:55 PM, said:

Ugh, organic chemistry, I feel for you, Brood. Studied the basics of it for two years, horrible stuff, some of it.

This is certainly not the basics, unfortunately :p But it's more to do with the Platinum-Alumina or Platinum-Rhenium catalysts than the actual dehydrogenation... which of course makes it ten times harder to reference, because most of the papers appear to use Nickel catalysts. Bastards.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#10 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

Fucking hippy anti-armaments protesters decided to go on a march today at the exact time I finished uni, meaning the roads back into town had to be closed off to traffic, so I had to walk the 4 miles back in the pissing rain. Then I get back to discover that my cooker is not working, and everytime you turn the power switch on for it, it cuts out and takes evrything electrical in the house with it, requiring me to walk back up the stairs to flip the mains fuse. So I have no cooker, and no washing machine, which curiously runs off the cooker switch. I dont want to pay for an electrician, and sorting one out is going to be a hassle. m fucking PISSED OFF.

#11 User is offline   Osric 

• Captain
  • Interests:Books, Games, Programming, Beer, Women, Movies

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

I gotta bike up the only hill in all of holland when Im done with work cos my wallet got stolen and I need a new free bus pass. :p

+ my bike is broken and sounds like its farting.

This post has been edited by Osric: 15 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.
-Bult

#12 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:16 PM

Numbers. Tiny little numbers. Jumping off the cliff like a bunch of drunk lemmings. And me having to watch them go down all day long. Makes me want to jump right after them... :p
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#13 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:45 PM

Exams

Chemistry tommorrow
Quantum
Thermodyanics
Electro
Crystallography

Biochem on friday
Cancer
ECM
Gene expresion
Cell signalling

Beat that

#14 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:56 PM

Sposed to be going out tonight but I am really not in the mood. Had a shit day, knackered, footys on, but I cant get out of it. Bah.

#15 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

Well the professor's union has voted at 88% to go on strike, making this the 4th strike in 5 years I've been on campus.

First it was the students for a whole year, then the teachers (not the profs.), then the administrative staff, now this!

Huzzah for paying for an education filled with huge holes.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#16 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

I have a professor with what we presume is parkinsons. Mans hands never stop shaking. His nueral degeneration has visibly got worse during the year. The class average for his sections are the lowest of all and half of the averge for the others.

#17 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

View PostCause, on Oct 15 2008, 07:45 PM, said:

Exams

Chemistry tommorrow
Quantum
Thermodyanics
Electro
Crystallography

Biochem on friday
Cancer
ECM
Gene expresion
Cell signalling

Beat that

Psh, easy peasy :)

STATISTICS!!!! I can do the maths but I don't know which test to do!! Who cares if my results are significant or not! They are significant to me. I'm never going to get this data written up and beautified :w00t:

#18 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

Yes Im sure a Dr of biochemistry could write the test. I alas have years before I earn the title. By they way for forty marks can you write me an essay on biochemical and mechanical signals both normal and abberant that can lead to cancer.

#19 User is offline   bwgan 

• OFFICIAL Keeper of Shiny Things of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

I've got a headache starting :w00t:
'Tell me, Tool, what dominates your thoughts?'
The Imass shrugged before replying. 'I think of Mafia, Adjunct.'
'Do all Imass think about Mafia?'
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#20 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:03 AM

Just went to an NME culbnight, intended on a long and increasingly drunken night out but the bands were sooo piss poor that I just had to leave midway through the last band. They were just AWFUL. On the way to the taxi rank I bumped into a bloke (who looked like an indie twat) and really wanted to smash his face in. I kept bumping my chest into him like a common angry chav and taunting him, but he kept moving away (despite being drunker than me) and shuffled off hastily. I know it;s an awful thing to want to knock the shit out of someone, and whenIm sober Ill be embarassed at wanting to resort to such primite methods etc etc, but fuck me I wanted to batter that little stupid haired cunt. Boooooo

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users