• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#16301 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:31 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 01 October 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

Little things make me happy - Tiste pulled up the photo on Instagram this morning of when he and Liz visited the falconry centre - lovely day and a nice memory :(

It was a great memory for us too! :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#16302 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:26 AM

Ì have a miniature dashound who is about 10 years old. A few years ago, he hurt his back and couldn't move his back legs. He would walk and drag them behind. Now it's important to know that I love this dog like my own child.

I believe dogs are the universe's embodiment of pure love. (Yeah they're are exceptions) All they want to do is give you their love and soak up the love you give them.

Back to my dog, Jasper. The Vet offered to put him to sleep(not gonna happen), perform surgery that may or may not work, at a cost of thousands of dollars, or I could do it the hard way.

To put it in perspective, when a human pulls the muscle in their back(a bad pull), they know to lay still so that it heals. Dogs can't do that.

Or can they? The Vet gave me tramadol(for pain), an anti-inflammatory, and something to make him sleep. Ì had to keep him in a crate, drugged up enough to allow the muscles to heal. Ì had to constantly change pads as he couldn't go outside to relieve himself. Ì hand fed him.

Three weeks later and I let the meds slowly wear off and he takes those first steps. He's doing fine to this day.

I told you that story because Jasper sired puppies. There was 4 and I gave them to close friends. Just the other day, at only age 3, the same thing happened to one of the puppies.

The Vet suggeated surgery because she was young enough that the recovery should be ok.

Spoiler

What's making me happy is that she is going to be ok.

This post has been edited by Brujah: 02 October 2018 - 05:28 AM

And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#16303 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:37 AM

Awww. Attaboy Jasper!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#16304 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:57 AM

View PostBriar King, on 03 October 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

Ahhh, pumpkin pie, sea salt and cracked pepper brussel sprouts with some strawberry cheesecake coffee to wash it down. So great.

The crimes against humanity continue...

#16305 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:35 AM

I got into a silly argument on Facebook about artificial sweetners. Nothing important but I was using these things called references and facts, and actually read the article in question that we were discussing. I thought this was putting me squarely in the lead. That's when my opponent played their trump card telling me not to argue with a Dr. That's when I knew that my life had all been leading up to this moment. So I said I'm a Dr too. I cant really say why but I got huge kick out of it. I guess becauses its so insulting to be dismissed that way, especially when your right so it was so much fun to just counter that point with the exact same point.

#16306 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:04 PM

Nsfw but

https://youtu.be/IpCcqfWNpoM

Kind of niche, but people who have familiarity with Belfast and it's stereotypes will enjoy.

Bonus love, he looks like cougar

#16307 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:25 PM

View PostCause, on 03 October 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

I got into a silly argument on Facebook about artificial sweetners. Nothing important but I was using these things called references and facts, and actually read the article in question that we were discussing. I thought this was putting me squarely in the lead. That's when my opponent played their trump card telling me not to argue with a Dr. That's when I knew that my life had all been leading up to this moment. So I said I'm a Dr too. I cant really say why but I got huge kick out of it. I guess becauses its so insulting to be dismissed that way, especially when your right so it was so much fun to just counter that point with the exact same point.

There's this thing on Twitter I love where some authority on a subject will post an article they wrote, and someone will start arguing with them and eventually go "maybe you should have read the whole article" or whatever, and the op gets to say "I wrote the article!" and it's the best.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#16308 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:54 AM

View PostMacros, on 03 October 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Nsfw but

https://youtu.be/IpCcqfWNpoM

Kind of niche, but people who have familiarity with Belfast and it's stereotypes will enjoy.

Bonus love, he looks like cougar

Jesus, it's like listening to you except that guy was a bit easier to understand.

Yeah if he was a ginger he'd be Cougar.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#16309 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:55 AM

If I had done my 5-year masters of legal science in a number of other countries (including S. Africa I think), I would have been a Dr too! Alas, in Norway I would need an extra 4 year long PHD for that title :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#16310 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:57 AM

Doc ... Marten?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#16311 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:47 AM

Dr. juris Martin, thank you very much

#16312 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:30 AM

The scale finally moved! I was sure the past weeks that I was loosing weight but NO evidence of this was to be seen on the scale. Today it finally gave up its fruitless resistence and admitted that I've lost almost four kilos. Ha! :)
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#16313 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:39 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 04 October 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

If I had done my 5-year masters of legal science in a number of other countries (including S. Africa I think), I would have been a Dr too! Alas, in Norway I would need an extra 4 year long PHD for that title :)

If we are all Doctors I become less special!

#16314 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:41 AM

View PostCause, on 05 October 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 04 October 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

If we are all Doctors I become less special!

You'll always be special to me!

#16315 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:45 AM

So you're saying this to all members now? What the fuck

#16316 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:46 AM

I'm not really sure what to feel about this.

Killing time at work waiting for new drawings, so took the Myers Briggs test (well the free one on 16personalities) came up INTP-T
Which means absolutely fuck all to me. Then I read through their fairly exhaustive break down of the 'Logician' or whatever it was. Apart from a few missed beats it caught me fairly on the nose. And in the closing statement, the assessment was that the assessment would vex me as it was so bang on. Which was bang on.

It doesn't affect my life in the slightest, it's only confirmation of what I've always thought/known about myself. I am very happy with my own company. I only took the test as an exercise in prep for nanowrimo, someone had suggested running your main characters through the test, I figured I should outnmyself through it first to see what the hell it was

#16317 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:29 AM

View PostMacros, on 05 October 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

I'm not really sure what to feel about this.

Killing time at work waiting for new drawings, so took the Myers Briggs test (well the free one on 16personalities) came up INTP-T
Which means absolutely fuck all to me. Then I read through their fairly exhaustive break down of the 'Logician' or whatever it was. Apart from a few missed beats it caught me fairly on the nose. And in the closing statement, the assessment was that the assessment would vex me as it was so bang on. Which was bang on.

It doesn't affect my life in the slightest, it's only confirmation of what I've always thought/known about myself. I am very happy with my own company. I only took the test as an exercise in prep for nanowrimo, someone had suggested running your main characters through the test, I figured I should outnmyself through it first to see what the hell it was

I'm an ENTP allegedly. Had mine done by professionals for work. I find it hard to believe that you are an Introvert...

When I did mine I got this big analysis about how far I swung for each characteristics. I'm so T that I may be a Vulcan. However if you read all of the descriptions you can find something that rings true so I think it's bullshit. I know a few people who are obsessed with a colour one where you get assigned a colour and it means you will clash really badly with people on the opposite side. One my bosses said I'm yellow which is a very sunny pleasant person. I was thinking yeah mate you may see my sunny exterior but inside I'm always thinking you're a total nobhead.

It's all bullshit. When it comes to work my philosophy is turn up, do your job, don't be a dick, go home. If only everyone did that the world would be just The Best.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#16318 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:52 AM

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
ARCHITECT (INTJ-T)

MIND
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
25%75%
INTROVERTED

ENERGY
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
52%
INTUITIVE
48%
OBSERVANT

NATURE
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
54%
THINKING
46%
FEELING

TACTICS
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
68%
JUDGING
32%
PROSPECTING

IDENTITY
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
32%
ASSERTIVE
68%
TURBULENT

https://www.16person...ntj-personality

I think some of that is fairly close, but other parts are way off.

I'm happy the week is over. And I only worked Thursday and Friday. Got utterly smashed at PT this morning, going to be very sore this weekend.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 05 October 2018 - 09:54 AM

#16319 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

I did that thing for a study a year or so ago. I can't remember the letters, but I'm seemingly a Protagonist. Not a bad guess all in all, but not a perfect fit by any means.

Mez, we all know you are a monster. Well done for tricking the test!

#16320 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:03 AM

In fairness Mez , when have you encountered me without alcohol?

Share this topic:

• 969 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users