#16181 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:19 PM

View PostMentalist, on 24 August 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 23 August 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Mortgage is officially paid off.

Gratz, worry.

Now, you are morally obligated to pursue the American Dream: sell your newly paid off home and use the money for a down-payment on an even bigger home with an even bigger mortgage.

No no no. Do the Australian thing: use the equity to get a loan to buy investment property/ies, so you can use negative gearing to essentially get the taxpayer to subsidise your contribution to driving the prices of real estate ever higher, while also keeping first home buyers from ever owning their own homes as rents increase too. The real estate bubble our economy has a sick fascination for is just a fun side effect. :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#16182 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 24 August 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

View PostMacros, on 24 August 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

When you go tell your boss you want your money or you are walking you might be in the game

It's so cool that you were able to get that blackmail material on your pimp.

:p

I cold totally be a prostitute, Good looking, rugged beard. Probably make more money too!

View PostTsundoku, on 24 August 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 24 August 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 23 August 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Mortgage is officially paid off.

Gratz, worry.

Now, you are morally obligated to pursue the American Dream: sell your newly paid off home and use the money for a down-payment on an even bigger home with an even bigger mortgage.

No no no. Do the Australian thing: use the equity to get a loan to buy investment property/ies, so you can use negative gearing to essentially get the taxpayer to subsidise your contribution to driving the prices of real estate ever higher, while also keeping first home buyers from ever owning their own homes as rents increase too. The real estate bubble our economy has a sick fascination for is just a fun side effect. :p

This actually sounds like a very good idea!

#16183 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:37 PM

It's one of the main reasons why our real estate is horribly over valued, and why a lot of us will never be able to afford our own home. :p

They need to get rid of all the incentives for anyone who has more than X investment houses. This will force people with lots of houses to sell some, driving prices down. Yep, there would be a bit of a crash but in the end more people could have their own places instead of being renters for life, which sucks. But too much in this economy depends on the housing market and while people get filthy rich from it (notably a lot of our politicians) it's never going to be fixed. Too many vested interests.

Apologies, #firstworldproblems

On topic:
I'm happy because it's the weekend after a truly shitty week.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 24 August 2018 - 05:37 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#16184 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

Yeah sucks for people don't own a house already. What subsidy does the government provide for home ownership and why?

#16185 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:12 PM

http://www.praustral...nt-tax-benefits

https://www.allianz....tment-propoerty

https://www.yourinve...rty-192366.aspx

Bastards.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 24 August 2018 - 06:12 PM

#16186 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:38 PM

I'm investing all the money I save now into building a bunker and getting an atmospheric water generator. See you suckers on the other side!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#16187 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:26 PM

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 24 August 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

I'm investing all the money I save now into building a bunker and getting an atmospheric water generator. See you suckers on the other side!

It would be amazing if Worry and Nico turned out to be the same person.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#16188 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:51 PM

The first part of my cosplay has been delivered. Here's a teaser.

EDIT: Kin ell that's huge

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Maark Abbott: 25 August 2018 - 03:52 PM

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#16189 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:37 PM

While not quite as good as Worry, we just had our annual mortgage statement through and for the first time I feel like we're actually getting through it! Still a long way to go but it's certainly looking OK.

'Course, now I want to move to a bigger house...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#16190 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:56 AM

My granny's 90th birthday party yesterday.
She had a blast and most of the cousins made it. Great day out

#16191 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:18 AM

View PostPARADISE is here bitches, on 27 August 2018 - 02:51 AM, said:

So ex wife is back home as of yesterday which is the only good thing about the drama for me to find out she was back. I’m left confused in my kids actions yesterday. I’ve been asking my girl every few days if she has heard anything about her mom and she has said nope. My son always hates leaving my house to go back home and yesterday the husband was coming to get them so asked if he wanted to go and he said yes because his mom was coming back. I was silent for a second then asked really? and he said yep. Few minutes later I went to my girl and asked about it and she said no she wasn’t. Since she has been informing me saying it’s stupid that I’m in the dark about it all I figured she would tell me. Afterwards I fussed at my boy for fibbing and asked why he said that and his response was idk I just did, then he said she wasn’t really coming. Fast forward to today and I just happened to ask old man if he the husband had updated him about her and he said she came home yesterday. Like wtf?! I fused at the wrong kid. Idk why she would all of the sudden not be truthful to me. I now wonder if the ex told them not to tell me. It’s all bizarre and overly dramatic.

Atleast the pyro is home though after only 2 months.

Either someone is telling them to tell lies or people aren't being truthful to them so they're confused about what they're supposed to say. Me and my sister got caught up keeping one parents secrets from the other when we were kids and let me tell you it is stressful as fuck and usually worse for the oldest kid. Just make sure they know they can tell you anything and you won't get mad and keep them out of figuring out which adult in their lives is fucking you around.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#16192 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:45 PM

I agree with Mezla whole heartedly.

The whole situation is hard, but being there for your kids and not grousing at them for whatever fuck ups they do is really crucial here. This is clear from the weird answers, their desire to stay more with you etc. They're really uncertain and uncomfortable.

It shouldn't be on the kids to keep you informed as to when their mother gets out of jail (a day and time which might actually move around a bit). You should be speaking to the step parent yourself to coordinate things. Probably a hard talk to have, but it leaves everyone on similar pages and with less stress.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#16193 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:30 AM

Yah...I kinda get why if you're furious with your ex it might seem better to ask the kids, just so you don't have a blow-up...but it very much seems like she, at least, doesn't mind using them as middle-men in a sneakier way (IIRC weren't the kids asked to lie or keep it secret when the whole fire thing first happened? Or did I imagine that?). Anyway you gotta remove them from the middle for their sakes regardless of what the ex asks of them. It's just not fair, and it just postpones the inevitable and potentially makes it worse.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#16194 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:21 AM

new phone just arrived.

Huawei P20 Pro.

I loved my P9, the only reason I had my Lenovo for the last year was because I mangled my P9 when trying to replace a broken screen on my own. Well, I damaged the battery. and then made a hash of replacing the battery. and I wasnt buying a new one when my contract only had 11 months to run.
My Lenovo was actually an ace phone, with a superb battery life, and I have a feeling that'll be something I'll miss. But the camera wasn't great, and this bad boy has a fucking excellent triple leica camera array.

#16195 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:13 AM

View PostMacros, on 29 August 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

new phone just arrived.

Huawei P20 Pro.

I loved my P9, the only reason I had my Lenovo for the last year was because I mangled my P9 when trying to replace a broken screen on my own. Well, I damaged the battery. and then made a hash of replacing the battery. and I wasnt buying a new one when my contract only had 11 months to run.
My Lenovo was actually an ace phone, with a superb battery life, and I have a feeling that'll be something I'll miss. But the camera wasn't great, and this bad boy has a fucking excellent triple leica camera array.

You may need to learn to speak more slowly so the Chinese Govt can understand what you're saying.

Then again, maybe that's the best defence against their spying. Sort of like an Irish 'Windtalker'.
Or in Maccy's case 'Smacktalker'.

;)

#16196 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:20 PM

Praise Soliel! Seems my boss is improving, so I might avoid being buried by his workload on top of my own.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#16197 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:00 PM

There may have been a night out at the pub this evening. Doesn't happen a lot these days. Well done me.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#16198 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:58 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 30 August 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

There may have been a night out at the pub this evening. Doesn't happen a lot these days. Well done me.

I feel sorry for the dogs in your area. I hope they stayed vomit free.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#16199 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

After more than a year, it's finally arrived.

Dragon Ball Z Abridged: Episode 60 - Part 1.

And it's worth the fucking wait!

For a free, fan-dub project that has been ongoing for pretty much a decade at this point, it's got real character development, plot, and depth than the original by a country mile...while somehow still using the same exact plot and characters. And this episode is the beginning of the climax of the best plot the original series delivered.
Now, just have to hope that Part 2 drops in less than a year. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#16200 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

I have successfully baked bread for the first time. Pumpkin-bread! *nomnomnom* Could use some seeds and stuff next time, but it is otherwise delicious.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

Share this topic:

• 966 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users