• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#19161 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 December 2023 - 12:02 AM

Its that time of year, bringing all the glittery cheer.
Yep, scrap cable time. I'd say we got half of our haul down to bare copper tonight, get the rest sorted on Monday and a mini bonus for lads come Wednesday when we cash it in

#19162 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 December 2023 - 11:48 AM

Connection problems Maccy?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#19163 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 December 2023 - 02:41 PM

Clearly it's a LOT of cable.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#19164 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 December 2023 - 02:51 PM

Hey does anyone know when scrap cable time is?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19165 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 15 December 2023 - 01:10 AM

Got below 200 lbs for really the first time since maybe 8th grade? Long road with a lot of ups and downs. 360 lbs (that I ever saw on the scale, it was probably higher) at my highest so that’s a fair chunk. Just in time to go home for the holidays, where I will be assaulted by my mother’s baking. Lol going to allow myself a break and a small rebound, but I have to get back on it when I get home and not continue to spiral out of control like every other year.
Error: Signature not valid

#19166 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 15 December 2023 - 08:56 AM

We are mostly set for Christmas. Wife should find out today if Primark make her a permanent staffer there - obviously that would be MEGA. But beyond that we are essentially ready to go for next week.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#19167 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 15 December 2023 - 10:14 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 15 December 2023 - 01:10 AM, said:

Got below 200 lbs for really the first time since maybe 8th grade? Long road with a lot of ups and downs. 360 lbs (that I ever saw on the scale, it was probably higher) at my highest so that’s a fair chunk. Just in time to go home for the holidays, where I will be assaulted by my mother’s baking. Lol going to allow myself a break and a small rebound, but I have to get back on it when I get home and not continue to spiral out of control like every other year.

Ah man I've followed this journey for a while on here and FB so I'm dead chuffed for you!

Making me happy is that someone pointed out that yesterday was the anniversary of the day someone threw a shoe at GWB and that gave me a chortle.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19168 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 15 December 2023 - 10:36 AM

I passed my mock paralegal exam! :)

Talked myself out of a couple of correct answers (having originally written the correct ones) that would have been worth another 10% or so, and a few things to go over with course mentor, but six weeks out from the proper thing so have plenty of time to revise and polish. Our mentor said it was a beast of a paper with some questions not dissimilar from the type that come up on the advanced qualification (which she will be feeding back), so passing a harder paper than usual feels good!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#19169 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 15 December 2023 - 11:07 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 15 December 2023 - 10:36 AM, said:

I passed my mock paralegal exam! :)

Talked myself out of a couple of correct answers (having originally written the correct ones) that would have been worth another 10% or so, and a few things to go over with course mentor, but six weeks out from the proper thing so have plenty of time to revise and polish. Our mentor said it was a beast of a paper with some questions not dissimilar from the type that come up on the advanced qualification (which she will be feeding back), so passing a harder paper than usual feels good!

Ah that's great news! I knew you'd do it! I've also fallen foul of the "hmm maybe I should change that answer" and then finding out my first answer was correct so I know the feeling haha.

Congrats though, hopefully this will give you the boost to get the real thing done. :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19170 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 15 December 2023 - 02:51 PM

Thanks everyone (rep included!) - it's such a weight off :)
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#19171 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 15 December 2023 - 04:09 PM

Nice! How'd you do it?

#19172 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 15 December 2023 - 11:24 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 15 December 2023 - 04:09 PM, said:

Nice! How'd you do it?

Calorie restriction mostly. I walk a lot, try to do some pushups every day but other than that I’ve found I would rather skip food than have to burn it off later. I’m literally made of extra food, if my body gets hungry it can eat itself.

#19173 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 15 December 2023 - 11:25 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 15 December 2023 - 10:14 AM, said:

Ah man I've followed this journey for a while on here and FB so I'm dead chuffed for you!

Making me happy is that someone pointed out that yesterday was the anniversary of the day someone threw a shoe at GWB and that gave me a chortle.

Thanks, I try not to talk about it much anymore because I’m sure most people around me are tired of it, and then it feels worse when I go back up. It’s something that occupies a lot of mental energy for me every day though so I think about it a lot.

#19174 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 16 December 2023 - 10:15 AM

Great work RLY. It's a serious endeavour and so easy to slip back it you don't focus so I can imagine how much mental energy it takes.

We've had quite a chaotic lifestyle the last few weeks, by our standards anyway. A lot of eating junk on the go and food deliveries late in the evening. Suffice to say I weighed myself this morning and the number I have been promising myself I won't go over has been breached. And it's pre-Christmas!!!

I'm in the wrong thread!!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#19175 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley

Posted 16 December 2023 - 07:49 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 16 December 2023 - 10:15 AM, said:

Great work RLY. It's a serious endeavour and so easy to slip back it you don't focus so I can imagine how much mental energy it takes.

We've had quite a chaotic lifestyle the last few weeks, by our standards anyway. A lot of eating junk on the go and food deliveries late in the evening. Suffice to say I weighed myself this morning and the number I have been promising myself I won't go over has been breached. And it's pre-Christmas!!!

I'm in the wrong thread!!

I know that feeling Mez - and no calorific gatherings in Manchester either. I have only myself and my wine cellar to blame.

#19176 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 December 2023 - 07:31 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 08 December 2023 - 09:57 PM, said:

I got Mr PigDog a giant toblerone for Christmas. Online shopping where you disassociate from what you are spending because it doesn't feel like real money. I just thought it would be funny.

4.5kg of chocolate.

The day after I did the order I suddenly wondered how the hell we would get through it. Then it was delivered and it is bloody massive! My little boy has been getting creative about where to hide it but not good enough and his dad has found it already. We've been pissing ourselves laughing all day. I don't know what we are going to do with it!

I know your married already but is there somewhere I can drop off my resume should a position open up in the future? Where do I get 4.5 kg of Toblerone by the way?

#19177 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 December 2023 - 07:39 PM

Got two job offers last week. Thejob I mentioned on this thread previously, which went quite for two weeks and then offered me the job and a second offer from a company that took me through 7 rounds in those quite two weeks. The first job was I thought my dream job but I am actually going with the second. If they hadn't wasted those two weeks I would have jumped at it. The second job is a little less pay potential but since its more technical and not sales the pay is more guarenteed. Also less pressure than sales. I am excited and looking forward. I hope it works out because I plan to be there long term but I also need to this time, because my CV is starting to look like ajob hop too much.

Been forced to look for a new job twice already this year. Got 3-4 offers the first time and 2 offers the second time. Never feels good to lose a job but good to know people see something in me too.

#19178 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 December 2023 - 11:17 PM

So much good news in the thread lately. Love it!

My daughters school is doing a version of Cinderella. They dont have enough boys to fill all the male roles and my 10 year old daughter told the teacher, and i quote "just have the girls play the the boys role, or change it to a girls role, fight the patriarchy".

And if you want to know what kind of area i live in, the teachers response was "Whats patriarchy?"
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#19179 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 18 December 2023 - 08:46 AM

Today is when wife should find out if she has the permanent job at Primark - I'm crossing buttcheeks for her because she's happier than she's been in months now, energetic, she could really thrive with this.

For me, feeling generally more positive about stuff generally again. We dipped, now we get a break coming up, and hopefully we see the light after.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#19180 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 19 December 2023 - 07:31 AM

Took the little 'un to see Santa on Saturday. He's 7 so we are starting to get twitchy about him seeing through 'the magic'. The look on his face. He 100% believes.

It's my last day of work for 2 weeks! Yipee-ki-yay mother fudger.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

• 965 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users