• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#19041 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 July 2023 - 10:04 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 07 July 2023 - 11:51 PM, said:

Just back from seeing Maiden at the O2. Epic as always. My ears are ringing and my knees hurt. On the train home from London with a bunch of people who had been to see The Weeknd. Felt pretty old and crusty 🤣

Glad you enjoyed it! We saw them in Leeds, they were brilliant!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#19042 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 July 2023 - 10:14 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 24 July 2023 - 09:50 PM, said:

Dropped a mega parenting clanger tonight and I can't stop laughing about it. My son has his own playlist on my Spotify account. Stuff like Ghostbusters and Kung Fu Fighting and other random songs he loves. He likes a few classics like Blitzkrieg Bop and Cherry Bomb and I'm trying a little too hard to make him like good music. We were having fun with me thinking up good songs for him to hear to see if he liked them enough to add and at some point in the evening I completely disengaged my brain and suggested Killing In The Name ��

I was so flabbergasted at myself I was in hysterics by the time we got to MOTHER FUCKER. My sons eyes were on stalks!

I tried to turn it into a teachable moment about racism later to claw something back ��

In that vein can someone suggest a teachable moment for the boy while we watch "What we do in the shadows" with him?

Yes, we're that bad. :p

The very end of the latest one S05E03 was .... surprising, to say the least. :shock:
Cue hyena-like giggling from the boy and furious dire threats from us that he never mention this at school ... :blush:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 25 July 2023 - 10:16 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#19043 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 25 July 2023 - 01:46 PM

I bought a new bath towel set. It’s a bigger towel that I feels cover me better, is fresh and feels good to the touch. Such a small thing but I just feel better with it.

#19044 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 July 2023 - 02:31 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 24 July 2023 - 09:50 PM, said:

Dropped a mega parenting clanger tonight and I can't stop laughing about it. My son has his own playlist on my Spotify account. Stuff like Ghostbusters and Kung Fu Fighting and other random songs he loves. He likes a few classics like Blitzkrieg Bop and Cherry Bomb and I'm trying a little too hard to make him like good music. We were having fun with me thinking up good songs for him to hear to see if he liked them enough to add and at some point in the evening I completely disengaged my brain and suggested Killing In The Name 😳

I was so flabbergasted at myself I was in hysterics by the time we got to MOTHER FUCKER. My sons eyes were on stalks!

I tried to turn it into a teachable moment about racism later to claw something back 🤣

View PostSlow Ben, on 25 July 2023 - 12:20 AM, said:

Mez: "Bed time kiddo!!!"

Mez's kid: "Fuck you i wont do what you tell me!"

This is what happens when you don't start with Pink Floyd: The Wall.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#19045 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 28 July 2023 - 05:27 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 25 July 2023 - 12:20 AM, said:

Mez: “Bed time kiddo!!!”

Mez’s kid: “Fuck you i wont do what you tell me!”

He might not have said in those words but the sentiment is often there anyway!

Two weeks and one day off work. Starts today. Renting a cottage on the south coast of Wales, should be able to see the sea from most windows. Also it's going to be cold and wet most days but I'll take that over the heat apocalypse occurring elsewhere.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#19046 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 July 2023 - 12:44 PM

I think my divorce has finally been granted by the judge according to the email notification I got. I put in the papers 11/28/2022, which still irks me for how long it took for an already agreed upon thing.

I'll have to deliver a copy of the papers when they arrive and then that's likely the second last time I'll have to deal with my ex. (Last will be hopefully far in the future for when my ex mother in law passes.)

Combine this with work being stellar (I'm getting promoted sometime soon) and dating going from a few bits of fun/some sputtering efforts to seeing someone rather great steady (although I don't think we're on the same timelines or the right fit together long term) and I feel quite steady, happy, and firmly thinking that this was and will be the right set of moves.

I do take some deep down pleasure in that my promotion will have me making more money than my ex (who liked to point out that she made more money than me semi-often during our relationship in a way that showed she was unhappy with that).

Thanks for listening and for being actual deliverers of gracious and meaningful support, The Scary Mob of the Malazan Empire.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 29 July 2023 - 05:19 PM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#19047 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 02 August 2023 - 05:15 PM

Congrats, amph. All the best in this new chapter of your life.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#19048 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 04 August 2023 - 04:36 PM

Vaca for a few days. Thank jeebus.

Headed to northern Michigan for a bit.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#19049 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 07 August 2023 - 08:05 AM

We move house a week today!

(Could also be in messing with groove thread because stress, but I'm taking the positives!)

We get away from the ghastly neighbours and into what we're very hopeful will be the forever home. Can't wait.

Now we're playing the game of "How many days out is too early to start the comfort marathon of Detectorists?"
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#19050 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 07 August 2023 - 05:28 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 07 August 2023 - 08:05 AM, said:

(Could also be in messing with groove thread because stress, but I'm taking the positives!)

We get away from the ghastly neighbours and into what we're very hopeful will be the forever home. Can't wait.

Now we're playing the game of "How many days out is too early to start the comfort marathon of Detectorists?"

A rewatch of Detectorists is neither early nor late. A rewatch of Detectorists arrives exactly when it means to.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19051 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 10 August 2023 - 04:33 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 07 August 2023 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 07 August 2023 - 08:05 AM, said:

A rewatch of Detectorists is neither early nor late. A rewatch of Detectorists arrives exactly when it means to.

Last night was clearly when it was meant to arrive.

Pub?
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#19052 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 August 2023 - 10:59 AM

Pub.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19053 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 10 August 2023 - 01:14 PM

Go on then.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#19054 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 August 2023 - 08:53 PM

Table plan done (I think)
Only took me an hour and a half?
Thank fuck everyone we invited wasn't able to come, that was enough head scratching as it was.

Outside of physical labour to get the venue (a shed on the farm) ready the admin side of stuff is basically wrapped. So glad we got married during lockdown and we're only sorting the party now, not the double whammy of church wedding and reception.

#19055 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 August 2023 - 10:13 PM

View PostMacros, on 10 August 2023 - 08:53 PM, said:

Table plan done (I think)
Only took me an hour and a half?
Thank fuck everyone we invited wasn't able to come, that was enough head scratching as it was.

Outside of physical labour to get the venue (a shed on the farm) ready the admin side of stuff is basically wrapped. So glad we got married during lockdown and we're only sorting the party now, not the double whammy of church wedding and reception.

At first I thought 'he's taking this D&D game very seriously....'

#19056 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 17 August 2023 - 12:56 PM

We're in our new home :)

The move day was a bit of a mess (nobody's fault, just a series of things outside of everyone's control adding up to not being fully moved in until gone 6pm), but after a couple of days blitzing furniture and boxes it feels very peaceful and comfortable already. Here's to new adventures!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#19057 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 August 2023 - 08:39 PM

Investors should expect a stock market rally this week amid two big catalysts, according to Fundstrat's Tom Lee.

Lee expects solid earnings from Nvidia and dovish comments from Fed Chair Jerome Powell at Jackson Hole.

There are 2 big catalysts that could spark a stock market rally this week, according to Fundstrat (yahoo.com)

Fundstrat's predictions have been on fire (in a good way) so I moved a bit more than previously planned from ultrashort treasury ETFs these last few days based on their recommendation in anticipation of Nvidia earnings today... half-expecting their run of luck to run out, but:

Nvidia stock soars to record high as earnings, forecasts crush expectations

[...] was seen as a key test for the ongoing AI hype cycle

Nvidia stock soars to record high as earnings, forecasts crush expectations (yahoo.com)

Woo-hoo! time to ride the bull through the moon (and beyond...

Course now that I've said that it will come crashing down through Earth and back to hell... oh well is deep / and full of sleep (and dreams...

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 23 August 2023 - 08:40 PM

#19058 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 August 2023 - 06:56 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 23 August 2023 - 08:39 PM, said:

Investors should expect a stock market rally this week amid two big catalysts, according to Fundstrat's Tom Lee.

Lee expects solid earnings from Nvidia and dovish comments from Fed Chair Jerome Powell at Jackson Hole.

There are 2 big catalysts that could spark a stock market rally this week, according to Fundstrat (yahoo.com)

Fundstrat's predictions have been on fire (in a good way) so I moved a bit more than previously planned from ultrashort treasury ETFs these last few days based on their recommendation in anticipation of Nvidia earnings today... half-expecting their run of luck to run out, but:

Nvidia stock soars to record high as earnings, forecasts crush expectations

[...] was seen as a key test for the ongoing AI hype cycle

Nvidia stock soars to record high as earnings, forecasts crush expectations (yahoo.com)

Woo-hoo! time to ride the bull through the moon (and beyond...

Course now that I've said that it will come crashing down through Earth and back to hell... oh well is deep / and full of sleep (and dreams...

Was just about to say, 'Naturally right after I told you all about it Fundstrat's amazing lucky streak finally ended' as hawkish Fedspeak overwhelmed the euphoria from Nvidia's earnings... but no, after being down earlier, the market's up today! So we'll see....

#19059 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 29 August 2023 - 07:12 AM

Wife is settled in her new job and just reached second payday. Life feels good again. We went out for coffee yesterday and it was great.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#19060 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 August 2023 - 10:31 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 29 August 2023 - 07:12 AM, said:

Wife is settled in her new job and just reached second payday. Life feels good again. We went out for coffee yesterday and it was great.

Woohoo!!!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 965 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users