• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#18581 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:41 AM

Found 3 albums of royalty-free synthwave (ten tracks each) for a dollar a pop. Gonna see if I can get a new intro/outro bgm from this set.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#18582 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:44 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 05 August 2022 - 07:41 AM, said:

Found 3 albums of royalty-free synthwave (ten tracks each) for a dollar a pop. Gonna see if I can get a new intro/outro bgm from this set.

Huh, wouldn't have figured you for a synthwave fan. No offence. :D
I like to occasionally have youtube synthwave et al mixes going in the background.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18583 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:53 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 05 August 2022 - 07:44 AM, said:

I like to occasionally have youtube synthwave et al mixes going in the background.

I ADORE it. I actually usually have slushwave playing whilst I work (Telepath, Kinetic, Second-Sight, dream.wav, etc) but synthwave/outrun gets huge love from me. There's a free album collection from Alpha Room on Bandcamp that I highly recommend, Skydive is a really nice track.

As to the YT mixes, I'm guessing you use the same stations I do - The PrimeThanatos, Nightride FM etc?

Unfortunately don't know if this collection I got will have any useful stuff for streaming, it's all very Stellaris sounding melancholy sci-fi, not quite what I was after (I was thinking big sweeping synth chord soundscapes) - but still very good! Synthwave Station is the producer, if you fancy checking them out.

#18584 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 August 2022 - 01:39 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 05 August 2022 - 11:53 AM, said:

I ADORE it. I actually usually have slushwave playing whilst I work (Telepath, Kinetic, Second-Sight, dream.wav, etc) but synthwave/outrun gets huge love from me. There's a free album collection from Alpha Room on Bandcamp that I highly recommend, Skydive is a really nice track.

As to the YT mixes, I'm guessing you use the same stations I do - The PrimeThanatos, Nightride FM etc?

Unfortunately don't know if this collection I got will have any useful stuff for streaming, it's all very Stellaris sounding melancholy sci-fi, not quite what I was after (I was thinking big sweeping synth chord soundscapes) - but still very good! Synthwave Station is the producer, if you fancy checking them out.

I just tend to have a couple saved in favourites and just click on random links from there. Asthenic, The Prime Thanatos, State Azure keep coming up, plus lots of others.
I keep going back to Tangerine Dream Love on a real train though, multiple versions and covers, such a wonderful tune to chill out to.

Once I heard that I understood why Nick Bracegirdle (Chicane) lists them as being huge influences and I'm a decent Chicane fan.
"Big sweeping synth chord soundscapes" sounds like a lot of the stuff I like too. As opposed to more overt drum stuff. :)

I'll check out some of that stuff you have listed, thanks.

Never heard of slushwave, so there you go.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 05 August 2022 - 01:43 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18585 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 05 August 2022 - 01:50 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 05 August 2022 - 01:39 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 05 August 2022 - 11:53 AM, said:

I just tend to have a couple saved in favourites and just click on random links from there. Asthenic, The Prime Thanatos, State Azure keep coming up, plus lots of others.
I keep going back to Tangerine Dream Love on a real train though, multiple versions and covers, such a wonderful tune to chill out to.

https://www.youtube....h?v=epOf2RLqLdw

Once I heard that I understood why Nick Bracegirdle (Chicane) lists them as being huge influences and I'm a decent Chicane fan.
"Big sweeping synth chord soundscapes" sounds like a lot of the stuff I like too. As opposed to more overt drum stuff. :)

I'll check out some of that stuff you have listed, thanks.

Never heard of slushwave, so there you go.

Slushwave is like... take a song or sample or some keys, ram EVERY PHASER AND DELAY you have on it, and then slow it down to half speed. Good slush is Amazing. IIRC Virtual Dream Plaza dreams 11 (Unknown Pleasures) and 24, and then Escape from the Dark are all prime cuts of slush and great start points.

FWIW a really good slushwave cut will be 30 minutes or more, and an album is likely to last 10+ hours.

#18586 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 August 2022 - 08:48 PM

What about wavecore?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#18587 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:40 PM

View Postworry, on 05 August 2022 - 08:48 PM, said:

What about wavecore?

These guys? https://www.wavecoretech.com/

#18588 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 August 2022 - 10:41 PM

Hell yah, thanks, I'll be listening to this all evening:
Posted Image

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#18589 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 07 August 2022 - 10:28 PM

I’m not always great with signals but I met a lovely women last night with whom that wasn’t a problem.

Also I think the South African accent has upped my game considerably in the USA

#18590 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 August 2022 - 07:23 AM

Is it the British-sounding Cape accent or the Afrikaaner accent?

#18591 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 August 2022 - 02:27 PM

I bet it's the way Cause says DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITAY.

#18592 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 08 August 2022 - 02:45 PM

Much be the Dutch connection.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#18593 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 August 2022 - 04:29 PM

It will all go horribly wrong, when, as Americans do, she is confused about the accent and says - "put another shrimp on the barbie", "that's not a knife, that's a knife mate" and "crikey!" during casual conversation banter. At that point, ghosting/exit plan will be enacted.

#18594 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 August 2022 - 05:27 PM

View PostAptorian, on 08 August 2022 - 02:27 PM, said:

"It's just been revoked!"

#18595 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 08 August 2022 - 05:55 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 August 2022 - 04:29 PM, said:

It will all go horribly wrong, when, as Americans do, she is confused about the accent and says - "put another shrimp on the barbie", "that's not a knife, that's a knife mate" and "crikey!" during casual conversation banter. At that point, ghosting/exit plan will be enacted.

33 % of Americans ask me, I know your from South Africa but which country. I now just roll with it.

Luckily she was Australian so that won’t happen. But yeah everyone thinks British, new zealand or Australian. Whcih to be fair, I can see why Africa is never anyones first guess.

#18596 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 August 2022 - 07:09 PM

View PostCause, on 08 August 2022 - 05:55 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 August 2022 - 04:29 PM, said:

33 % of Americans ask me, I know your from South Africa but which country. I now just roll with it.

Luckily she was Australian so that won’t happen. But yeah everyone thinks British, new zealand or Australian. Whcih to be fair, I can see why Africa is never anyones first guess.

I always have to note what accents are what to my wife, she's bad with them....but I only know the SA accent because a transfer student from SA went to my high school and had a distinct accent that I've simply remembered.

District 9 helped it be a bit more mainstream too I guess.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18597 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 August 2022 - 07:56 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 08 August 2022 - 05:27 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 08 August 2022 - 02:27 PM, said:

"It's just been revoked!"

You know, thinking about that scene a couple decades later - That was just plain Murder committed by Murtaugh. He shot an unarmed man.

#18598 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 August 2022 - 06:23 AM

He returned fire.

Eventually.

#18599 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:47 AM

Diplomatic imminitEEZ NU-

#18600 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 August 2022 - 01:49 PM

I didn't know where to post this...the new revitalized Spelljammer setting for D&D has Kender...and they live in a city that sits on a Space Whale...this makes me intensely happy.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 964 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users