• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#6421 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 08:21 PM

Mark Millar's JUPITER'S LEGACY comic adapted for TV by the DAREDEVIL guy.

Could be good, could be shit.

Cool teaser though.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6422 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 March 2021 - 04:08 AM

Thanks to whomever for the rec for Resident Alien upthread. I'm on ep 4 and how good is that Sheriff? :rofl:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 06 March 2021 - 04:08 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6423 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 March 2021 - 11:40 AM

God fucking dammit! Now I've caught up and have to wait each week for the next ep. And there's only 2 eps to go.

This sucks. :(
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6424 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 March 2021 - 06:34 AM

the GF and I are enjoying the new season of Snowpiercer. This show has some good villains, I'll give it that!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#6425 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:58 PM

Anyone watch that Oprah Winfrey interview of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle? Whooboy, there was some draw dropping doozies. I believe it airs in the UK tonight for you non-Americans.

One of the over all themes that settled in with me after watching that is what a system and machine in place that has taken ironclad control over lives and personal freedoms, but sadly not just control of the Royal family, and not just the citizens of of the UK, but the umbrella of control extends out to all members of the British commonwealth. Scary shit, tbh. Very analogous to the Catholic church. I never understood how people became so enamored with it all. I don't see the appeal.

#6426 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 09 March 2021 - 07:43 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 March 2021 - 07:05 PM, said:

Anyone else checking out the new show Debris? I’m on ep 1.

I'm keeping an eye on it but I tend to wait till the season is done now before watching a show. Certainly looks interesting.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#6427 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 09 March 2021 - 09:38 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 March 2021 - 07:05 PM, said:

Anyone else checking out the new show Debris? I'm on ep 1.

Watched the premier episode over the weekend. I was very impressed. Several times, I thought I could figure out where things were going but I was only right on one thing. We're in, at least for a while.

#6428 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 11 March 2021 - 09:19 PM

Is debris gonna be a mystery show akin to heroes, lost, 4400 etc? I make it a point to avoid them. They always end up making too many episodes, too many mysteries and you never get the answer.

Like a joke with no punchline

#6429 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:17 PM

Do you guys think the plus sign (+) is being overused in our current times? Every streaming service seems to tack in on at the end. It's used in other ways also. Seems akin to the "Xtreme" trend or placing the letter "X" in front of words to convey a feeling of danger and something that will exceed your expectations experience wise. That was big around the early aughts, this + trend we have now reminds of that.

#6430 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 March 2021 - 12:52 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 11 March 2021 - 11:17 PM, said:

Do you guys think the plus sign (+) is being overused in our current times? Every streaming service seems to tack in on at the end. It's used in other ways also. Seems akin to the "Xtreme" trend or placing the letter "X" in front of words to convey a feeling of danger and something that will exceed your expectations experience wise. That was big around the early aughts, this + trend we have now reminds of that.

Dovetailing off this, cause the (+) in these streaming services is a trend. But want to pivot now to Netflix clamping down on using someone's credentials to shove that sweet sweet content into your squishy sight orbs. What up with that? No longer gravy train rides for cheaters who want to watch the latest season of Stranger Things?

#6431 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 March 2021 - 01:59 AM

'Netflix is testing a new feature that could prevent non-subscribers from piggybacking off of a friend's or family member's account and effectively stop people from sharing passwords for the streaming service.

The new feature is being tested among a small, random sample of customers worldwide. Selected users are being asked to confirm they either are — or live with — the account holder when they enter credentials to log in to the video streaming platform. A code is sent to the subscriber, which the user is then asked to provide. Test subjects also have the option to move past the prompt and verify the account later in order to continue streaming, or to create a new account.

[...] Netflix offers three different memberships — top-tier subscribers are permitted to share their accounts with up to three additional household members.

[...] Netflix has more than 200 million subscribers across the world and recently raised its prices as its popularity continued to grow during the coronavirus pandemic.'

https://www.cbsnews....ring-crackdown/

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 13 March 2021 - 02:00 AM

#6432 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 March 2021 - 03:37 AM

There's no basic human right to free Stranger Things on demand.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6433 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 March 2021 - 06:31 AM

Wrapped up the Newsroom. Really, really enjoyed most of it. Thought the last few episodes were just ok. I don’t think they had any idea how to wrap it up.

Finally gonna start WandaVision tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 14 March 2021 - 06:32 AM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6434 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 March 2021 - 09:44 AM

Finished Age of Samurai on Netflix. I knew some of the basics of that period, but learned a lot about Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Tokugawa Ieyasu. Not least how to pronounce them!

CGI blood gouts nothwithstanding, very well done docu-drama. I had no idea Toyotomi Hideyoshi tried to invade China via Korea after he'd reunited Japan after over 100 years of basically civil war and had to find something to do with all those samurai.
Spoiler alert: it doesn't go so well.

Eight heads on stakes out of ten. Definitely not recommended for kids though.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 14 March 2021 - 08:31 PM

#6435 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 March 2021 - 12:44 PM

Uh guys, did you see that performance at the Grammy Awards of WAP by Cardi B? What the hell did I see? Mommy, what are those two ladies doing? And what does "swipe your nose like a credit card" mean?

#6436 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 March 2021 - 01:19 PM

Since I nabbed HBO MAX stuff on Crave for Snyder Cut reasons, has anyone watched THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT with Kaley Cuoco? Is it good?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6437 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 16 March 2021 - 10:23 PM

I just finished season 3 Cobra Kai binge. Scenes mainly revolving around the kids are lame but the rest is absolute gold. I was always secretly rooting for Johnny anyway.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#6438 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:40 PM

Watched the first episode of THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT on HBO MAx...and I have two issues with it so far.

1. Kaley Cuoco is INGRAINED in my consciousness as Penny from Big Bang Theory...so taking her serious on this show is HARD.
2. They edit montages and phone calls, and stuff like that with separate windows (2-4) like a really bizarre 24 homage...but without the cleverness..and it's fucking IRRITATING. Worse, when it's 2 windows, they allow both to be widescreen formatted, and thus you have massive (like more than half the screen) black bars and the action is in two thin windows.

Beyond that it's fine I guess..but the lead is full tilt hallucinating and is a raging alcoholic...I'm sure this is done to throw the viewer off of what is going on...it's a mystery show after all...but holy shit it's blatant and obvious.

She also makes DUMB decisions. Like my wife and I kept going "why would she do ________ instead of __________?"

Anyways...not sure how much we'll watch...it better impress us with the second episode or we might jump off.

#6439 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:14 PM

I'm watching the Helstrom TV show. It's incredibly mediocre.

I started watching it on a whim after learning it was based on a couple of C-tier Marvel characters but like everything else that gets translated from comics, it's diluted and utterly derivative of every supernatural trope you've heard of. It's not even good at being scary.

The actress playing the Helstrom kids mom is great though. Only one doing some serious acting.

I'm four episodes in so I might as well finish the season. Supposedly there won't be a second season, which is doing everyone a favour.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 23 March 2021 - 08:18 PM

#6440 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 23 March 2021 - 09:32 PM

We watched the Netflix original THE ONE and it was fantastic. Really gripping, we absolutely flow through it, very much hope they make another series.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic