• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#5701 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 12 November 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

Well, they finally got a movie to play. Toy Story 3, which we own and watched last week.

But hey, they’re happy.

Just hoping The Mandalorian or Rebels works tonight.

Finished up Jack Ryan season 2 last night as well. Solid. Whoever was in charge of casting did an awesome job. I think every character is perfect.

Yeah, daughter demanded FROZEN even though we own it on BRD and she's seen it tonnes...that said, she's into th service so I'll get her into other stuff.

Yeah, we are doing MANDO tonight, and I'll also be starting a re-watch of REBELS at some point soon.

Also, THE ROCKETEER!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5702 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Disney+@disneyplus·1hThe demand for #DisneyPlus has exceeded our highest expectations.
We are so pleased you’re excited to watch all your favorites and are working quickly to resolve any current issues. We appreciate your patience.

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5703 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:01 PM

View PostAbyss, on 12 November 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Disney+@disneyplus·1hThe demand for #DisneyPlus has exceeded our highest expectations.
We are so pleased you’re excited to watch all your favorites and are working quickly to resolve any current issues. We appreciate your patience.

The funniest thing is that it's not just connectivity issues, but whole seasons have gone missing and episodes (that were fine last night) have gone out of order....due to the glitching.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch tonight, but I'm not counting on it quite yet as I'd expect these may take a few days to properly iron out. Still, the high demand must feel really rewarding for Disney in their deep dive into the Streaming pool.

I bet Netflix is looking at those numbers and AT LEAST feeling a little more threatened than they were by say Hullu, or Crave.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5704 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:37 PM

Definitely going to get it when it comes over here if the pricing is good. I imagine they'll have ironed out most of the creases by then.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5705 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:53 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 12 November 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Definitely going to get it when it comes over here if the pricing is good. I imagine they'll have ironed out most of the creases by then.

100% the bonus of you getting it later is that most of this stuff will definitely be ironed out by then.

#5706 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 November 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 12 November 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Disney+@disneyplus·1hThe demand for #DisneyPlus has exceeded our highest expectations. We are so pleased you're excited to watch all your favorites and are working quickly to resolve any current issues. We appreciate your patience.

The funniest thing is that it's not just connectivity issues, but whole seasons have gone missing and episodes (that were fine last night) have gone out of order....due to the glitching.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch tonight, but I'm not counting on it quite yet as I'd expect these may take a few days to properly iron out. Still, the high demand must feel really rewarding for Disney in their deep dive into the Streaming pool.

I bet Netflix is looking at those numbers and AT LEAST feeling a little more threatened than they were by say Hullu, or Crave.

At least in Canada i don't think Crave ever really represented a serious 'threat' to Netflix.
Disney tho'... that's the frikkin Death Star right there. Netflix can pony up for all the 'original content' they can find... they are still going to feel this in the wallet.

#5707 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:42 PM

View PostAbyss, on 12 November 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

At least in Canada i don't think Crave ever really represented a serious 'threat' to Netflix.
Disney tho'... that's the frikkin Death Star right there. Netflix can pony up for all the 'original content' they can find... they are still going to feel this in the wallet.

This. D+ feels like it has more content I'm going to WATCH than Netflix does. I've not run across any other streaming services to feel as deep as Netflix, if not more until now. This is going to be their MAIN contender going fwd.

And shit, if D+ shows like the Mando, Obi-Wan, and all the MCU originals can score...Netflix Originals will take a hit too.

Perhaps D+ will cause Netflix to rethink its whole "let's get rid of popular shows before S3 because we can't get 'new' subs with it" model as they are SURE to haemorrhage subscribers to D+ for those that curate/prune their streaming services a little more closely. So they are going to need to allow their catalogue to be more robust from a season-POV.

Because right now I can watch any Pixar flick, then an Ep of SW live action TV, and chase it with friggin Gargoyles season 1...Netflix can't compete with that.

#5708 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:59 PM

All caught up on S2 of The Rookie and the latest season of SEAL Team. Starting current season of Blue Bloods this week.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#5709 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:26 PM

Season 6 of BoJack Horseman is probably the best one yet. Not finished yet but every single episode is utterly top quality.

And once again, Living with Yourself is excellent viewing. Paul Rudd is brilliant.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5710 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:40 PM

So guys, I feel like I'm late to the party, but I'm curious to know; is The Mandalorian any good?

#5711 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:58 PM

I think I'm going to be quite devastated when BoJack Horseman is over. Finished S6P1 today and while the final episode is a bit of a dip compared to the rest of the consistently excellent season, it is justifiably so, as it builds very well to the final season ever in January.

Man it was such a televisual wonder, there's truly nothing quite like it. Worry, you've finished it, right? Someone talk to me about this!

Also finished LIVING WITH YOURSELF and that too was a really good fun show. Paul Rudd plays both sides of the character really well and also, who knew that Aisling Bea was such a good actress? I like her comedy stuff but she nailed it in this show.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5712 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:16 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 October 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 October 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

So, as this decade is coming to a close, the 'best of the decade' lists are starting to appear.

Here's one for Television. I'm sure there will be others.

The 25 Best Shows of the Decade

Another decade list. This one includes shows that started during the aughts and carried on into the 2010s (e.g. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, 30 Rock)

The Best TV Shows of the Decade, Ranked

Another one. Breaking Bad is listed at top in this one. I can agree there is a strong argument to support that, sure.

The 100 best TV shows of the 2010s

#5713 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:32 PM

Hmm interesting. Not sure what my best would be but not Breaking Bad, enjoy it though I did...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5714 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:25 AM

Wow, tonight's episode of Watchmen - "squid pro quo". What kind of prescient happenstance is that?
Posted Image

#5715 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:24 PM

Ok, needing an 'info dump' / primer before I start The Mandalorian. I need answers to the following:

- What is the difference between Mandalorians and Midi-chlorians?
- And is Cortosis like halitosis? Except it's when your automobile's exhaust is really stinky?

#5716 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:12 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 November 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

A mandalorian is a small guitar, like a mandolin but with doors that open upwards.

A midi-chlorian is a cocktail popular at lunchtime in certain parts of France and former French colonies like Nevada and Scotland.

#5717 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:48 AM

View PostAbyss, on 19 November 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

A mandalorian is a small guitar, like a mandolin but with doors that open upwards.

A midi-chlorian is a cocktail popular at lunchtime in certain parts of France and former French colonies like Nevada and Scotland.

Fascinating.

Ok, another query. What is a 'force ghost'? Is that when you call on your glowing dildo to please your girl and the force says. "not today bitch, I'm ghosting yo ass!"?

#5718 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:53 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 November 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 19 November 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

Fascinating.

Ok, another query. What is a 'force ghost'? Is that when you call on your glowing dildo to please your girl and the force says. "not today bitch, I'm ghosting yo ass!"?

I'm liking the Mandalorian in BTTF. McFly?

"Force Ghost" is the working title of Nathan Fillion's next crime procedural show.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5719 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:49 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 19 November 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

Downloaded the apps for Dis+ on consoles. It says start a free trial! How long is it?

My free trial was 7 days.

#5720 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

Been binging EVEN STEVENS on D+....I've never seen it, and I know it's where Shia got his start...it's very Saved By The Bell-ish....overtly hokey, but I'm still enjoying it as some wallpaper to have on and not take too seriously.

Share this topic:

• 389 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users