• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#7201 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 18 August 2022 - 09:02 PM

Oh yeah just got to Claudia Black’s 1st appearance and it is golden after all these years. I haven’t laughed in what seems like ages so this is good medicine.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#7202 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 August 2022 - 01:15 PM

Just binged today all 8 eps of "Living with yourself" on Netflix. Good fun, although a couple of plot holes and inconsistencies which I did note but didn't really detract.

Paul Rudd can really act. Huh, there you go. And my crush on Aisling Bea is even bigger now. :wub:

Eight Paul Rudds out of ten.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 20 August 2022 - 01:15 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7203 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 August 2022 - 01:34 PM

Better Call Saul last season... complete.

Stellar season, and stacks up against any of the Breaking Bad seasons. Just the very definition of prestige television. The actress who plays Kim Wexler should win all the awards. Loved the cameos, some obvious and I knew they would happen, others my reaction was - oh fuck! Yes! and still others I had to do a google search. The "Talking Saul" show that aired after the penultimate episode helped too. Would have loved to do a Breaking Bad binge prior to watching these final episodes of BCS but that would have been too much of a time commitment. A rewatch of Breaking Bad, into the Breaking Bad El Camino movie, into Better Call Saul would be epic. ,,, someday.

#7204 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 August 2022 - 05:10 PM

Found this Stand-up comedian on YouTube, named Steve Hofstetter. He has a ton of videos of him engaging with Hecklers and it's highly entertaining.

It's always satisfying to see drunk people get owned by comedians.

#7205 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 August 2022 - 10:56 AM

If nothing else I liked the trailer. Might give it a few eps.

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7206 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 August 2022 - 07:18 PM

Speaking of HBO (*see House of Dragon thread), they must have a hit with Euphoria because oh my!

There's probably a min. 4 weeners per episode. I can only imagine the writers's room white boarding how they can meet that requirement for each episode. Posted Image

#7207 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 August 2022 - 05:51 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 July 2022 - 08:41 PM, said:

What we need right now; the genius, awkward weirdness that is Nathan Fielder.

If you haven't seen Nathan For You (which ran on CC from 2013 to 2017), you should really give it a try. Not sure what service would be streaming it though so will require some effort to find it I think.

All episodes of season 1 are out, so I have been going through them. The Rehearsal is getting a season 2 btw, so that's impressive considering the press that's been coming out about HBO/HBO Max and shows getting cancelled all over the place.

Anyway, I'm up to episode 4, "The Fielder Method". Layers upon layers upon layers! Nathan straight up Inceptions the Fielder Method, and it takes a turn from there by the end. Oh my!

Also, about the show in general, where do they find the people who elect to participate? They are some of the goofiest, most awkward people. Some of it makes sense I guess, because his family experiment takes place in Oregon. That, and wannabe actors/actresses who are looking to get their foot in the door probably have no qualms about how they comport and represent themselves on an improvisational project like this. It's been awkward, thought provoking genius. Nothing I didn't expect from Nathan Fielder.

#7208 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 August 2022 - 06:05 PM

I'm sure they source from a lot of places for extras and the kids etc. but I'm gonna take it at face value that he gets the main rehearsal people through Craigslist. I don't want to believe otherwise.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7209 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 24 August 2022 - 06:26 PM

SG1 S9 Ep 3 Farscape cast invasion/Ori crusade in full swing. Atlantis S2 Ep 3 enter Momoa! Definitely not as big as he was in Got through current time.

I forgot how much I wanted a P90!
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#7210 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 29 August 2022 - 02:04 AM

Wrapped up Season 2 of Only Murders In the Building. Fantastic.

Story wasn’t quite as good, but the dialogue and chemistry was a step up.

Anxiously awaiting Season 3.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#7211 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 August 2022 - 01:41 PM

Watched the first two episodes of Welcome to Wrexham. So far I like it and I'm here for future episodes. Attempting to get the club promoted to the next flight is a primary focus in these first episodes. Well that and the introduction of some (obviously) high profile owners in Deadpool and Sunny in Philly guy.

Spoiler

The English Football system has some quirky names, I looked up the table the club plays in, there's a Dorking Wanderers. Low hanging fruit - The Wandering Dorks.

Some tough decisions for the new owners right off the bat at the end of the season.

Spoiler

#7212 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 September 2022 - 12:50 PM

We got BritBox again, so of course I'm re-watching all of SHARPE again. Becuase why not? Why not indeed!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7213 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 September 2022 - 07:12 PM

Watched the first episode of Little Demon. It's the most offensive, inappropriate animated show I think I've seen and it's glorious. Tits and bush in the first episode is a high bar to set for the rest of the season though.

Voice acting by Danny DeVito and Aubrey Plaza. Only the first episode; I'll stay with it and see where it goes.

#7214 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 September 2022 - 10:48 PM

STAR TREK LOWER DECKS has been killing it for S3, even at two eps in. Goddamit I love this show and I can’t wait for the live action crossover onto STRANGE NEW WORLDS.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7215 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 September 2022 - 11:10 PM

Mo on Netflix is really good. Feels like the kinda personal ‘dram-com’ that should be on FX or Hulu. Very funny, a little serious. I dunno Mo Amer’s standup, but he’s on Ramy and good in that, and while Ramy doesn’t appear on Mo I did see some writing credits from him. They make good writing partners. Also It’s set in Houston and has some hilarious good ol boy types plus cameos by Bun B and Paul Wall, so that’s rad.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7216 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 07 September 2022 - 08:29 PM

Has anyone watched Trainwreck - the Woodstock 99 documentary on Netflix?

I've known about that festival for a while but man I never realised how mental it actually was. Content warning: violence, nudity, sexual violence... It's pretty crazy! Also the way that the people who are basically responsible for how it got so out of hand take no responsibility at all!

Greed is a powerful thing... I'd recommend it but it's not easy in many ways!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7217 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 08 September 2022 - 01:17 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 August 2022 - 01:41 PM, said:

Watched the first two episodes of Welcome to Wrexham. So far I like it and I'm here for future episodes. Attempting to get the club promoted to the next flight is a primary focus in these first episodes. Well that and the introduction of some (obviously) high profile owners in Deadpool and Sunny in Philly guy.

Spoiler

The English Football system has some quirky names, I looked up the table the club plays in, there's a Dorking Wanderers. Low hanging fruit - The Wandering Dorks.

Some tough decisions for the new owners right off the bat at the end of the season.

Spoiler

I started watching this! I used to live in Wales (though not Wrexham) and I'm also a football fan. It's clearly been designed for an American audience as a lot of the stuff about the sport is over explained but I don't mind that. I love the pauses with explanation of slang terms like "chocker" etc. and both Rob and Ryan appear to be quite genuine dudes. I'm going to keep watching I think.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7218 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 08 September 2022 - 10:01 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 07 September 2022 - 08:29 PM, said:

Has anyone watched Trainwreck - the Woodstock 99 documentary on Netflix?

I've known about that festival for a while but man I never realised how mental it actually was. Content warning: violence, nudity, sexual violence... It's pretty crazy! Also the way that the people who are basically responsible for how it got so out of hand take no responsibility at all!

Greed is a powerful thing... I'd recommend it but it's not easy in many ways!

Not yet, but its high on my list.

Finally got a chance to start Bobs Burgers. Bob is relatable.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#7219 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 September 2022 - 05:43 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 08 September 2022 - 01:17 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 August 2022 - 01:41 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I started watching this! I used to live in Wales (though not Wrexham) and I'm also a football fan. It's clearly been designed for an American audience as a lot of the stuff about the sport is over explained but I don't mind that. I love the pauses with explanation of slang terms like "chocker" etc. and both Rob and Ryan appear to be quite genuine dudes. I'm going to keep watching I think.

I've been enjoying it, including the nice stories of slice of life of the Wrexham supporters and their devotion to the club. They really have enthusiasm for the team and would be over the moon if they were promoted. They must have been flabbergasted when the sponsor on the team's kit when from Ifor Williams Trailers to TikTok. I like that it captures Reynolds and Mcelhanney feeling out of their depth and the pressure of taking on ownership.

The opening credits (w/ song) is heart warming.

#7220 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 September 2022 - 06:21 PM

Finished up the latest season of Westworld (s4). I really liked it. It's flippn' wild! And that's all I will reveal. I'd say a must watch if you are in any way a past or just laxing of late, Westworld fan. Shoot I say it's a must watch period, full stop!

If there is a season 5 it has to be the final season and it will be interesting to see what they bring to the table because... naw, I can't say more.

Share this topic:

• 389 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users